Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Grace of God

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 6:18:41 AM PST
Dawn, God would differ, for IF keeping the LAW would come automatically for belivers, Christ would not have commanded us to forgive in oreder to be forgiven and not to persist in our sins and to show mercy, (Matthew 6:14, Matthew 5:30, Matthew 18:34,35) and to do His will and not our own, (Luke 12:47) for we are ALWAYS under God's LAW, (Matthew 19:17, Mark 10:19, Exodus 20, Romans 2:13, Hebrews 10:26, 2 Peter 1:20,21) just NO LONGER under the law of Moses and it's 613 components. faith indeed, but NOT faith alone. (matthew 7:21, 1 Corinthians 10:12, 1 Corinthians 13:2, Luke 6:36,37) Pecea to you always in Jesus our Saviour and all thanks to His Most Precious Blood

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 6:20:35 AM PST
R, to all of us who wish to enter into The Heaven that Christ has purchased for us all, (1 John 4:14, Acts 4:12) by His Most Precious Blood, (1 Peter 1:18,19), we too must all keep God's LAWS, (Matthew 19;17, Mark 10:19, Hebrews 10:26) and NO LONGER the LAWS of Moses

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 6:21:55 AM PST
R, Jesus refutes you. "If you wish to ENter into life, then KEEP the COMMANDMENTS." (Matthew 19:17, Romans 2:13, Mark 10:19, Hebrews 10:26, Luke 12:47) refuting the fallacy of Faith ALONE. (Matthew 7:21)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 6:23:34 AM PST
R, ELizabeth followed the WHOLE LAW, called BLAMELESS in God's EYES, (luke 1:6) and by following God's LAW, (Matthew 19;17) she shall then enter into the Heaven that Christ has purcahsed for us all by His Most Precious Blood

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 6:26:25 AM PST
R, I have, now you, EVEN AFTER the Once and Perfect Sacrifice of our Saviour Jesus Christ, Peter states "LOVE one another, for LOVE covers a multitude of SINS." (1 peter 4:8) as affirmed in Daniel 4:27, "Break off your sins by practicing righteousness and your iniquities by showing mercy to the oppressed." , for Christ took on the ETERNAL punishment we all deserve, but NOT the tempoarl punishment our sins deserve. (2 Samuel 12:14) Peace always

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 6:29:11 AM PST
R, Good luck with afiath alone. "NOt everyone who cries Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom, but ONLY those who DO the will of My Father." (Matthew 7:21, Matthew 19;17, Romans 2:13, Hebrews 10:26, Luke 12:47, James 2:24, Matthew 5:30, Ephesians 5:5,6)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 11:21:57 AM PST
Patsy says:
Matt - Peace Bro - I think what Dawn is trying to say is "we bark because we are a dog...not to become a dog". You can sit in a garage for years on end, but that doesn't make you a car. You can do and do and do all the works you want - but it doesn't save you. We do love, forgive, show mercy, give, help, show compassion, follow His will, ALL because we love Him and obey Him - not to become saved.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2009 1:09:44 PM PST
Patsy, "to THOSE who DO GOOD, these shall enter into the resurrection of Life." (John 5:29), for you can have all the faith you want, but if you have NO WORKS, that won't save you either, for we NEED good works to enter into the Heaven that Christ has purchased for us all by His Most Precious Blood, (1 Peter 1:18) as the rich man who HAD faith found out the hard way, as the rich man indeed had faith as Paul affirms, "ANYONE who has faith has Abraham as his FATHER", (Galatians 3:7), as the rich man called on the intercession of His FATHER Abraham for water in his torment, (luke 16:24) as the rich man HAD faith, but NO WORKS, (James 2:13, James 2:24, Proverbs 21:13) and was thus thrown into the Divine Temporary prison by the Father, (Matthew 18:34,35, Luke 12:47) UNTIL the Father sees fit. (Zechariah 9:11, 1 Corinthians 3:15) and IF love for God comes naturally as you guess, then why did Christ warn us all that IF we persist in our sins, (matthew 5:30) and do NOT forgive others, (Matthew 6;14) and show not mercy as we ought, (matthew 18:34,35) and do NOT do His will, (Luke 12:47), then we shall be severely punished first? Peace

Posted on Jan 3, 2010 6:35:33 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Are you a Zombie?

How many times do you have to be buried?

Please STOP being a Zombie!!
Please read Colossians 2:-23

Are you one of the religious undead? Or have you been buried with CHRIST almighty and raised to walk in NEWness of life? According to this passage because of CHRIST we have clearly been paid for with HIS sacrafice. Our "legal indebtedness" has been "canceled." If you are "IN CHRIST" you have "been brought to fullness." Now I dont know about you but full where I come from means nothing else can fit in it. That means you are now full with the same holiness that CHRIST had if you LOVE ONE ANOTHER! You have been circumcised not by human hands but by CHRIST! So the bottom line is "dont let anyone judge you." Keep in mind that there are weaker brothers and in love there are things I will not do around them. But at the end of the day shame and guilt come from Satan if I have accepted CHRIST!

Have you ever had to go and talk to a friend whom you did something wrong to? Isnt that awkward? Doesnt it cause trouble for your relationship?

CHRIST came to have a personal relationship with You!! You dont ever have to worry about going to this relationship feeling bad. He wants to constantly have contact with you and He knows that under the law of sin and death He couldnt. This is why there is Now a New Covenant.

So my only question is Why are you wanting to live the Old Covenant instead of the New Covenant?

Be Free and Graceful TODAY IN CHRIST and live the New Covenant!

Bob

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 6:37:07 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Love One Another and thus fulfill the law.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 6:38:55 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
How can you go on sinning after you have recieved Christ?
Simple answer you cant! Accept grace and not law.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 6:39:56 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
My best is filthy rags- Good thing I am no longer under the law and His sacrafice covers me!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 6:40:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2010 6:51:05 PM PST
R, That is not what Christ said or Paul or Peter, for ANYONe who sins deliberatley, (Hebrews 10:26) the sacrifice of sins NO LONGER remains, and if one persists in sin, (Matthew 5:30, 2 peter 1:20,21) then grace no loner applies, and If one does NOT do God's will, (Luke 12:47) or "keep the commandments", (Matthew 19;17, Mark 10:19, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that arejustified before God." Romans 2:13) then there shall be severe punishment. (Colossians 3:25, Romans 2:8)

Posted on Jan 3, 2010 6:41:20 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Come join me at:

http://newcreationchurch.ning.com/

A social website for those who follow the New Covenant or want to know more.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 6:41:51 PM PST
R, Simple answer, you can. (Acts 5:4, Hebrews 10:26, 2 Peter 1:20,21, Ephesians 5:5,6)

Posted on Jan 3, 2010 6:43:03 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Full of Bull or Full of Jesus?

Bulls and Goats or Jesus you get to choose for now.

Please read Heb. 10:1-18

Sacrafice and working to make yourself more pure- Is that your gig? I
have to tell you after much effort, several war zones and two psych
clinics- IT DOESNT WORK!
Please take a look at this passage and answer one enduring and
everlasting question:
How will you be Holy? (vs. 10 if you are wise)

or how about this one:
How many times are you going to nail CHRIST on the cross? (vs. 18 if you
want to live)

The sad truth is that the USA was settled by the Puritans as one of the
main religious sects. Yes keep in mind that like most Americans I had
that religious background as well and it killed me THANK GOD! Yes it
killed me because at the moment that I died to self righteous legalistic
puritanical crap; at the moment where a person introduced Gods Amazing
Grace (and I mean more than the song) I became alive to CHRIST and to
the LOVE that he wants to have freely flow through us but it cant happen
as long as we are under the law because the law makes us judge jury and
executioner.
In the words of Michael Jackson, "Im a lover not a fighter." So take a
look at Heb. 10:1-18 and give the bulls and goats in your life a break!

Have a GRACE-FILLED New Year everyone!

Bob

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 6:47:16 PM PST
R, filthy rags? Fiath alone doesn't cut it, (Matthew 7:21), good thing I know that I must also obey God's LAWS, (Matthew 19;17, Luke 12:47, Mark 10;19, Romans 2:13) as the rich man INDEED had faith as Paul affirms, (Galatians 3:7), "Anyone who has faith has Abraham as his Father", as the rcih man called on the intercession of his Father ABRAHAM for water in his torment, (Lukie 16;24), for EVEN though though the rich man HAD faith, he had NO WORKS, (James 2:13, James 2:24, Proverbs 21:13, "He who closes his ears to the cries of the poor, shall himself cry out and not be heard.") and was thus delayed in entering the Kingdom of Heaven that Christ has purcahsed for us all, (1 John 4;14) by His Most Precious Blood, 91 Peter 1;18,19) as the Father thus threw the rich man into the Divine temporary Prison, (Matthew 18;34,35), and will not release him until the Father sees fit (Zechariah 9;11, 1 Corinthians 3:15). Peace always

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 6:49:39 PM PST
R, Yes, Jesus talks bull, "If you wish to enter into Life, then KEEP the commandments", (Matthew 19;17, Mark 10:19) as Paul affirms what Christ said, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God." (Romans 2:13), for we always under God's LAWS, just NO LONGER under the LAW of Moses and it's 613 components. Peace

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 7:04:08 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Or How about this for an answer:

1 Corinthians 10:13- "All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify."

Galatians 5:1, 13- "It was for freedom that Christ set us free...For you were called to freedom."

Hebrews 8:12, 13- "...And I will remember their sins no more. When He said, A new commandment, "He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear."

Hebrews 10:1,2,9,14,17- "The sacrifice of Christ makes perfect those who draw near, the perpetual sacrifices are ceased to be offered, because the worshipers, having once been cleansed, no longer have a consciousness of sins (1)."....He takes away the first [Law] in order to establish the second [Grace]. ...For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified... "And their sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more."

John 3:6,9- "No one who abides in Him sins; no one who has seen Him or knows Him....No one who is born of God [does] sins, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

John 3:19-21,24- "We shall know by this that we are of the truth and shall [persuade] our heart before Him in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. Beloved, if your heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from Him,...And we know by this that He abides in us, by the spirit which He has given us."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 7:11:01 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
How about Romans 2:12 there "all who sin under the law will be judged under the law." So yes if you are under the law you will be judged by it.
Matthew 19 He is trying to say there is no way you can measure up under the law because there is always something that cant be met by you but was met by HIM on the cross. Mark 10:27 Its only possible with God not your works! God is Grace and sent that grace to us.

Posted on Jan 3, 2010 7:18:06 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
I have been JUSTIFIED!

Please read Romans 3:21-31

Its not about "boasting" because it isnt anything that I have done! The only righteousness in me is from Christ. If yours cam from any other location then in acient Texas terms you are spitting into a fan.
If my righteousness came from any works of my own then there is a perfect platform for pride and arrogance. "I am more holy than you because I dont eat certain meats." But through Christ and the law from the Old Covenant we are all equally guilty and equally wrong so only HE can make us ALL equally righteous and justified.

Have a Grace-Filled Day!

Bob

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 7:18:54 PM PST
R, I like this better, "If you wish to enter into Life, the KEEP the commandments", (Matthew 19;17, Mark 10:19) as Paul affirms, "It is the DOERS of the LAw that are justified before God." (Romans 2:13 refuting the whole man made fallacy of faith ALONE. (Matthew 7:21, Proverbs 21;13, Hebrews 10:26, Ephesians 5:5,6, Luke 12:47), as w are ALWAYS under God's LAWS, (Exodus 20, Matthew 19:17), just NO LONGER under the LAw of Moses and it's 613 components. "To THOSE who DO GOOD, THESE shall enter into the resurrection of Life." (John 5;29) for the rich man INDEED had faith, (Galatians 3:7, Luke 16;24) but NO WORKS, (James 2;13, James 2:24, Proverbs 21;13), and was thus delayed in entering the Kingdom. (Matthew 18;34,35, 1 Corinthians 3:15, Zechariah 9:11) Peace always in Jesus our Saviour and all thanks to His Most Precious Blood

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 7:20:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2010 7:20:50 PM PST
R, No you haven't, for faith alone doesn't cut it. (Matthew 7:21, Matthew 19;17, Romans 2:13, 1 Corinthians 10;12, Matthew 5:30, Matthew 6:14, Proverbs 21;13, James 2:24, Hebrews 10:26, Revelation 2:10, Luke 12:47)

Posted on Jan 3, 2010 7:40:53 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
M, Sure you like that better because that means something is possible with you. I am simply saying what Christ pointed out in Matthew 19:26 if you care to follow the whole story. "With Human beings nothing is possible, but with God all things are possible." So stick to your making things possible and I will stcik to HIM making my things possible.
I am not discounting the law for it was my tutor bringing me to Christ but now I am in Christ and the law has been fulfilled because of what He did. Works- yes to love one another but that cant even be accomplished without first being under Grace because we are too busy judging based on the old system. Judge not lest you be judged- and how can you judge not? Simple be under Grace and not under law.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2010 7:48:56 PM PST
R, Yes, with God all things are possible for us, for we MUST cooperate with the Holy Spirit and Keep the COMMANDMENTS, if we WISH to enter into Life, (Matthew 19;17, Mark 10;19, Romans 2:13) and we MUSt forgive, if we wish to be forgiven, (Matthew 6;14) and we must NOT sin deliberately, (Hebrews 10;26), nor persist in sins, (Matthew 5;30) and we MUST do God's will, (Luke 12:47), and not our own, and we MUSt NOT Judge, (Luke 6:36,37) if we wish NOt to be judged, for we can indeed do all things, and indeed BE PERFECT here on earth (matthew 19:17, 2 Peter 3:14) and MUST keep GOD"S LAW always, (Matthew 19;17, Mark 10:19, Romans 2;13), just NO LONGER the LAW of Moses and it's 613 components, and this is all possible by cooperating with the Holy Spirit. Peace in Jesus our Saviour and all thanks to His Most Precious Blood
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  159
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions