Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Pope Benedict Resigns

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 12:19:46 PM PST
The Messiah said;
Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

I would think Tyndale approach of making the plow boy know more about the scriptures is the way to go. After all we are to do our best to walk with the word, preach the word, use the word. I wouldn't put my trust in any man, put your trust in the word and use it to gauge truth and fallacy, using your own Holy Spirit or Let the ruach ha-kodesh give light to the words of YHWH!

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 12:54:25 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 12:54:42 PM PST
Lily says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:08:01 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
Timothy Sorsdahl says: Catholics do have the Douay-Rheims but you don't hear them spreading the word much with that, seems they keep talking about a Pope and I cant find Pope in the Holy Scriptures anywhere.

Typical Protestant argument from silence: "I can't find the words 'Pope' or 'Catholic' in the Bible, so God must not want us to have a Pope or be Catholics."

Arguments from silence are FALLACIES, Tom.

As for your problems with the Canadian government, STOP VOTING FOR THE LIBERAL PARTY!

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 1:16:03 PM PST
Show of hands on how many have heard the scriptures quoted to them with the Douay-Rheims

PopeBenedict XVI says in 2005 that No Biblical Faith Needed to Enter Heaven!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/pope-no_faith.htm

So I guess instead of spreading the word, the Catholics rely on Cadbury Easter Creme Eggs!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:17:59 PM PST
Hmm...

Well, imo it's nothing more than fodder for the superstitious, Franklin.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:27:54 PM PST
Btw...

I'm glad to hear all is going well for you, Franklin...

Will check out the book you recommended, as well. =)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:29:30 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
We prefer more contemporary translations, like this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:32:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2014 5:02:24 PM PDT
Rubedo asked: "Is this really such big news?"

Yes, this is big news. As I mentioned in a previous message, it was absolutely appalling that John Paul II did not resign while he still had the ability to do so, before he became incapacitated. When he gave his last public address to the crowd in St. Peter's Square, he had to be wheeled to the window, and he drooled incomprehensibly as he attempted to read his message, before his hangers-on had to quickly wheel him back from the window. It reminded me of the ailing Leonid Brezhnev who had to make a final appearance atop Lenin's tomb, in Nov. 1982, a few days before he died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB2juOdTegE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp87MHHnRMw

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:35:19 PM PST
but of course...I think someone read way too many Robert Anton Wilson or Tim LeHaye books ;-) some people need to stay off the Pepsi ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:38:22 PM PST
LOL!

Agreed, Franklin! xD

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:44:09 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
Never thought I'd see someone mention Wilson and LaHaye in the same sentence...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:44:54 PM PST
Lily says:
Well said, FRobertson.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:47:17 PM PST
I try my best!

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 1:48:26 PM PST
JOHN DOE says:
Who gets to vote for the next pope?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:51:11 PM PST
Lily says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:52:52 PM PST
Lily says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 1:54:05 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
And if we're just asking them to pray for us?

BTW, what are you going to say when the Lord asks you why you wasted so much time attacking His Church?

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 1:58:44 PM PST
I like the fact that the Catholic Church is against abortion.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:05:35 PM PST
Lily says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:07:27 PM PST
JOHN DOE says:
I'll bet you would not like it if the church were for vasectomies.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:10:48 PM PST
Lily says:
The College of Cardinals.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:20:33 PM PST
Amen, Timothy -

Since it's Christ's Church, its teachings are spot-on.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 2:29:35 PM PST
JOHN DOE says:
The new pope will be elected in secrecy and the people will not have a say nor will they know why, but they will follow like sheep.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 2:39:44 PM PST
Kilgore says:
his teachings? what about his looking the other way on sex abuse within the church. millions upon millions of dollars spent to victims on a international level. so much for Christ's church, a anti-christ was in charge and the church is collapsing.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  73
Total posts:  6916
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions