Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Catholicism is based on Jesus Christ.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:39:55 AM PST
Theresa says:
Irish Lace...
There's as much "evidence" for Jesus as any other person living 2,000 (or more) years ago when most people didn't read or write. Information then was handed on mainly by 'word of mouth'.

The ancestry of Jesus is chronicled far more than that of Cleopatra or Alexander the Great.
Did Cleopatra and Alexander exist?
How do you know?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:44:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 9:45:04 AM PST
Theresa says:
Thank you, Lily.
No wonder I can't remember the movie. I never saw it. :]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:01:03 AM PST
You're very welcome. It's a good one, Theresa.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 10:12:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 11:00:05 AM PST
Theresa says:
I've heard some posters claim this---that they "follow Paul's teaching" and not "Peter's."
Would this be just a countering to the 'primacy of Peter' to further validate rejection of "Apostolic succession?" Otherwise, it makes no sense to me.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 11:41:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 11:45:08 AM PST
Theresa says:
Eliminating "mother" and "father?"

I can just see the playground reaction: How old is you Parent 1?...
and: Where does your Parent 2 work?

Now, this just might "horrify" Jesus; but then that's also just my opinion.

http://tinyurl.com/aqd95wk

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 11:44:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 2:48:10 PM PST
QUESTER says:
Theresa says:

I've heard some posters claim this---that they "follow Paul's teaching" and not "Peter's."
Would this be just a countering to the 'primacy of Peter' to further validate rejection of "Apostolic succession?" Otherwise, it makes no sense to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would also be counter to New Testament instruction ...

1 Corinthians 1

10 I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. 11 My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. 12 What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ."

13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized intob the name of Paul? 14 I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. 16 (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel-not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 11:51:14 AM PST
Theresa says:
Quester...
Great citations that help disprove the claim that Christianity was based on Paul, as this claim would surely contradict Paul's own instruction.
Good find.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 2:48:51 PM PST
QUESTER says:
Theresa ...

You're too kind ...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 2:58:51 PM PST
Theresa says:
Thanx...I think.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:26:39 PM PST
Awesome...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:26:56 PM PST
x 2 =)

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 3:33:41 PM PST
Okay...

Four new posts? Where are they? ;]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:34:14 PM PST
who wrote Mathew Theresa. The church admitted it does not know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:34:48 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
Somebody's having fun with the website...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:36:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 3:38:18 PM PST
Hitlers first treaty was with the Vatican`but he got power from an evangelical. Christian hands were all over the Nazi regime whose soldiers belt buckle said God is with us.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:37:12 PM PST
For an understanding about what "Catholicism is based on," you may want to read:

Catholicism: New Study Edition--Completely Revised and Updated

The Church: The Evolution of Catholicism

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 3:39:06 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
A treaty with the Vatican does not equal Vatican endorsement -- and Hitler renegged anyway, every chance he had.

The "Gott Mit Uns" belt buckles were left over from a previous war. Germany didn't have the money to get new ones.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:19:53 PM PST
Theresa says:
Domenico,
McBrien is known for his dissidence.
And I don't normally read material written by schismatic heretics.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:35:09 PM PST
Wow...

It's hard to believe that such phonies actually try and pass off their bulloney as the truth. And it's equally hard to believe that anyone falls for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:40:04 PM PST
M, Indeed, but paul warns those who HAVE faith In Jesus, that even if they have ALL FAITH, but do not love others, it is useless. (1 Corinthians 13:2, Matthew 7:21) and Paul warns those who HAVE FAITH In Jesus, but then persist in immorality and impurity, they shall not enter the Kingdom, as the Sacrifice for sins NO LONGER REMAINS for them. (Ephesians 5;5,6, Hebrews 10;26, Romans 2:8,9, Galatians 5:19,20,21). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:41:14 PM PST
Amen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 5:43:40 PM PST
Lawrence, yet Hitler affirmed the greatest enemy of the nazi regime was the Catholic Church, and even planned to kidnap the Pope for his aid he had given the thousands of Jews. "No other world leader than the late Pope Pius has done more to help our people. "(Editorial, Jewish Post, 1958). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:30:54 PM PST
It's sad to think that some people try and spin the truth in such a way, and try and pass it off as authentic teaching...

Kind of like the way the serpent twisted the truth in the Garden.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:39:36 PM PST
Theresa says:
A good example, Faith.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:42:09 PM PST
Do people really believe that a serpent in a garden is part of the reason for sin? really?
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  69
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions