Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Announcement

Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 584 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 19, 2011 11:06:52 AM PST
Astrocat says:
So, Amazon, what's going on with the religion forum?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2012 9:03:45 PM PST
Everything I orderedcame through...ordered omething important...here's to hoping he he he he.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 7:30:33 AM PST
Wha???? It came through and now you're hoping? For what?

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 9:34:58 AM PST
The rest of my order.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 2:00:25 PM PST
so who is trying to limit a womens right to control their own bodies, how contoling can you get and other conservatives do not want people to have sex with contraception? Not liberals.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012 2:53:02 PM PST
Wha?

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 8:40:09 PM PST
Wolfman says:
my last message is you are all pinheads

Posted on Jan 26, 2012 8:42:02 PM PST
I don't know what the purpose of this thread is. I haven't seen any cogent Amazon responses to the various meritorious issues that have been raised. It seems that they have merely opted to send everyone into a black hole.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 10:37:06 AM PST
There is a poster who seems to have just been banned, as all of their posts were deleted.

I do not understand why. The People's Poet I have never seen be insulting or act in an abusive manner. Why was this customer banned, and how can any of us who participate in good faith in your forums have any faith that we will not be arbitrarily banned?

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 11:12:21 AM PST
Will Amazon ever tell us exactly *what* is cause for banning, so that we can actually avoid it?

It seems as if their modus operandi is "We have criteria for banning... but we won't tell you what they are, and, if you are banned, we won't tell you why."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 11:19:19 AM PST
My question...looking back a few pages, I saw no signs of response from Amazon.

Do they even look at this anymore? Are we speaking to the ether? Are the gods of Amazon deserting us? ;-)

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 11:21:23 AM PST
Zaplightning says:
I think amazon needs to give psychological tests before people start posting. There are some messed up people that post in amazon forums.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 11:27:45 AM PST
dischism says:
PL

They've *never* responded to this or the feedback forum they produced. It's highly unlikely that you'd know there was such a thing, as finding it without knowing of its existence and URL is most improbable. People who posted there speculated it was a way of shutting up the complainers.

https://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20discussions%20feedback

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 1:48:27 PM PST
Allan says:
Michael Altarriba says: Will Amazon ever tell us exactly *what* is cause for banning, so that we can actually avoid it?

Allan: I HAVE told you many times, Michael, that SWMBO is not to be trifled with by such as you.

It is not for us to know Her mind.

You have to learn to cop it sweet, mate

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 1:55:18 PM PST
PL - I emailed customer service and called the 800# when one of Anne's posts was deleted once. Someone else did also, then amazon reposted it and emailed the other person that they had done so. I never got a response from them, though. The other complainer was male, perhaps that's why he got an email. Not that I'm sensitive to gender issues, or anything like that...
Barbara

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 3:19:40 PM PST
B. Nixon says:
Hmm, I like your first name. I have to.

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 4:05:24 PM PST
Sandra Davis says:
I have only good things to say about Amazon. Their PDF method of publishing an eBook is great. And I had a wonderful tech walk me through each step of the Amazon Fulfillment program in order for them to sell my paperback.
I wonder if the attitude of the person corresponding with Amazon has anything to do with the cooperation that person gets. And what is a "pinhead?"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 4:46:06 PM PST
I think I've been insulted, but I'll bite: what is a pinhead?

I consider the reposting of Anne's post within an hour with an accompanying apology a marvelous response from Amazon, whom I have loved since the month it went online and whose stock I own. I'm happy you had such a wonderful experience with the Fulfillment program. But I still regret not getting a personal response to my email and phone call, especially since I write such articulate and polite letters.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 5:50:39 PM PST
Tammy says:
So, a stock owner complained about a deleted post of a published best-selling author and the post was reinstated.

Not seeing any conflict of interest there!

And this observation was directed at the actions of amazon, B. Sinnott, not at you. Just wondering what it would take to get them to lift the ban on someone who does not affect them in a rather large financial way.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2012 8:01:33 PM PST
This is an important question, as yet totally unanswered by the moderators.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2012 2:37:23 AM PST
Tammy says:
It will remain unanswered, I'm sure. But then, that is an answer in itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2012 3:37:07 PM PST
Tammy, I was responding to Sandra, who implied my attitude might have been off-putting.

LOL Like I'm sure Amazon checks every email to see if the sender is a stockholder. Author maybe; stockholder, not so much.

And for that, I see Amazon as much more important to the author than the author is to Amazon.

I too wish they would publish their criteria for deleting a post. On another forum we decided a computer program picked out certain words - "stupid" was one we tested

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 3:48:00 PM PST
B. Nixon says:
Amazon posts their terms of use:
They wrote...

What shouldn't I post?

Behave as if you were a guest at a friend's dinner party. Please treat the Amazon.com community with respect. Do not post:

Profane or obscene, inflammatory or spiteful comments
Messages that abuse, denigrate or threaten others
Text or articles written by someone else, even with attribution for the author, except for brief quotations from a book, article or other product related to the discussion
Any personal information about children under 13
Descriptions that intrude on the privacy of another person, including revealing personally identifiable information such as their name or address
Text that promotes illegal or immoral conduct
Repeated posts that make the same point excessively
Repeated unwelcome messages that harass or embarrass other customers or participants
Repeated posts that promote an item in the Amazon.com catalog
Any form of "spam," including advertisements, contests, or other solicitations for other websites or companies; or any URL link that includes a "referrer" tag or affiliate code.
Do not impersonate another person, including an Amazon.com employee.

Posted on Jan 30, 2012 3:50:06 PM PST
Tammy says:
"inflammatory or spiteful comments"

AH - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2012 4:00:01 PM PST
Yes, they post these terms... but several of them are exceedingly vague:

What constitues profane? obscene? infammatory? spiteful? abuse? denigration? threats?

How long is a brief quotation?

What is immoral conduct? What constitutes the promotion of illegal or immoral conduct?

What constitutes an excessively made point?

See the problem? It's all subjective... and when amazon censors a post, they tell no one, neither the person who was censored nor anyone else, exactly *what* term of use was violated.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
583 4 days ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion Part XXVII 856 9 minutes ago
Slowly Through The Book of Isaiah 1073 43 minutes ago
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the restored church II 8536 54 minutes ago
Can Christianity be saved from the harm done by Literalist ID/Creationist End Times fundies: Part theSixth 3860 1 hour ago
The End of the World as we know it...Part Two 5636 1 hour ago
Seeking help; can't understand the Protestant notion of predestination and election. Trying... 619 1 hour ago
The Historical Jesus 6031 1 hour ago
Vatican finally arrests one of its child abusers 483 2 hours ago
These are NOT the Last Days! 1424 2 hours ago
Christian religious liberty under attack 2736 2 hours ago
Who Created Nothing? 635 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  137
Total posts:  584
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2011
Latest post:  4 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions