Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Can Someone Explain Fundamental Christianity's Belief That They Have A Right To Have Their Belief Endorsed By The Government?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 258 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2011 11:09:16 PM PDT
Allan says:
''There were 5 million non-Jews killed...''

Does that include the Russian POWs who died brutal deaths in Nazi stalags?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2011 11:15:29 PM PDT
Allan says:
Right on, Kevin.

Love to see you adding so much evidence to support my POV on the USA education system.

You've been doing that for quite some time now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2011 11:16:55 PM PDT
Allan says:
Alex Miller says: Unless I'm mistaken, Kevin is Catholic, a member of one of the most organized and powerful religions the world has ever seen...

Allan: An apostate right-wing Protestant fundie IIRC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2011 10:10:37 AM PDT
TO: Allan

RE: "Does that include the Russian POWs who died brutal deaths in Nazi stalags?"

Yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2011 2:50:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 17, 2011 2:58:41 PM PDT
FashionSense says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2011 8:45:51 AM PDT
J. Green says:
frashion....The Bible still has the right to exist. Don't blame racism on the Bible. Even if the Bible had never existed, those racist people still would have had their views. The Bible never encouraged them to be racist.
-------------------------
Why were the tern commandments necessary???????????????????

It supposedly gives gods rules
Yet NOTHING against slavery

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2011 8:55:31 AM PDT
Bubba says:
And NOTHING against homosexuality.

Posted on Jul 18, 2011 1:17:17 PM PDT
Fornication is a big sin, slavery is not a sin. Murdering fellow Hebrews is wrong, murdering anyone else is not. Divinely commanded genocide is alright, including the killing of women, children and animal. Virgins are to become sex slaves. Peculiar moral priorities.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2011 2:15:10 PM PDT
J. Green says:
Bubba says:
And NOTHING against homosexuality.
-----------------------
NOT in big ten commandments version 2

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2011 8:03:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2011 8:43:19 AM PDT
<<<< Just because some people misinterpreted the Apostle Paul and what he said, don't blame the Apostle Paul for it. >>>>

Semantics. Okay, I blame the church apologists who have misinterpreted and misrepresented the Bible. Is that better?

<<<< The Bible still has the right to exist. >>>>

Who said it doesn't?

<<<< Don't blame racism on the Bible. Even if the Bible had never existed, those racist people still would have had their views. The Bible never encouraged them to be racist. >>>>

Semantics again, FS. Those who were/are bigots, who have hated and persecuted minorities, have justified their actions by using the Bible. I don't see very many Christians criticizing those who do so.

<<<< The bible says correctly so,

"The Bible tempts no man." >>>>

History proves otherwise, unless you're still playing a semantics game. If you are, then I would say that man's interpretation of the Bible has and still does tempt people to evil. Have you listened to any of the Christian activists who oppose marriage equality? Don't try to tell us they haven't developed their prejudices based on the Bible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2011 2:40:24 PM PDT
TO: S. L. Mehegan

RE: "I don't see very many Christians criticizing those who do so."

I'm no apologist for religion, but I have to say that many Christians and Jews did literally put their bodies (and sometimes their lives) on the line to help black Americans obtain civil and human rights. That is historical fact (and for me, memory) and I have to respect their efforts. In fact, I remember that committed Christians and Jews were shining examples of people actually living their faith, or as we say today, not just talking the talk, but walking the walk.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2011 2:44:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2011 2:46:32 PM PDT
Bubba says:
The topic is bigotry against homosexuals, not bigotry against black Americans. The question still stands, where are the Christians fighting against homophobic Christians?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2011 2:47:51 PM PDT
WRJ

Let us not all those christians who used the bible to justify slavery. And all those good christians opposing civil rights.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2011 5:13:28 PM PDT
TO: Bubba

RE: "The topic is bigotry against homosexuals, not bigotry against black Americans."

In S. L. Mehegan's post, to which I was responding, there are references to "racism" and "bigots, who have hated and persecuted minorities." So that's what I was responding to.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2011 5:15:22 PM PDT
TO: Mark R. Allen

RE: "Let us not [forget] all those christians who used the bible to justify slavery. And all those good christians opposing civil rights."

Those, too, are historical facts that cannot be denied.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2011 3:48:36 PM PDT
Mens Sana says:
Here's a remarkable rundown on Dominionists in action.

http://www.jewsonfirst.org/weinstein.html

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2011 4:15:14 PM PDT
Mens Sana says:
W. Martins,
Your last paragraph is badly off, otherwise I have been enjoying and appreciating your posts tremendously. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2011 4:22:57 PM PDT
Mens Sana says:
M. Huggins: Frankly, people like W. Martins are kind of an embarrassment to atheism.

And then you go on to itemize five allegedly common beliefs held by people like W. Martins (in your opinion), yet I agree with most of what W. Martins has to say, and I hold NONE of those beliefs you itemize.

Perhaps it is you who needs the breather.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2011 4:27:23 PM PDT
Mens Sana says:
Kevin,
What part of the Hitler/Pius XII Concordat don't you get?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2011 5:54:20 PM PDT
Lovely Peter says:
Wow, a sensible Christian! Thats a rarity! Theres no where in the Bible where it even says anything about opposing abortion. These people are just loons. In Judiasm it isnt taboo until after 4 months and thats the same in Islam so why would it be any different than Christianity? The Catholic Church has even flipped-flopped over time eventually deciding that a woman cant have an abortion even to save her life. This sentiment is reflected in the Ohio "Heartbeat" bill which wouldnt allow a woman to have a life-saving abortion after 6 weeks and was pushed forward by a Catholic (who incidentally lied when making his grand speech about why women/ girls should die).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2011 6:19:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2011 6:29:45 PM PDT
TO: Mens Sana

Thanks for the link. I had no idea that this was going on! In some ways, though, I'm not all that surprised since people of conservative political and religious views tend to gravitate to the military. Yes, I realize that not all military people are that way. For a fictional version of what this might be coming to, please take a look at Ralph Peters' novel "The War after Armaggedon." In it, he describes America's new religionized army, the Military Order of Brothers in Christ (MOBIC) - a Christian American version of the Waffen-SS.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2011 6:38:40 PM PDT
>I hold NONE of those beliefs you itemize.

I'm sure all of this means a great deal to you. Thanks for sharing!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2011 9:21:28 PM PDT
Mens Sana says:
Only in the sense that it fragments your grand generality.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2011 9:47:11 PM PDT
Walter,

I tend to agree with you, even though I am a Christian [not Fundamentalist, but a Christian nonetheless.]

I too believe that those who are referred to as Christian Reconstructionists are attempting to make a power-grab in our Government.
They do NOT like the Constitution at all, and would do away with our democracy, and set up a theocracy, if able.

Personally, I believe they will come for those of us who are opposed to any religious influence in our Democracy, beyond local elections. Especially those of us who would be considered heretics. Whether they will come in the night or not [probably what they do will be done in the light of day, since that is what they believe. I mean, if one is a "Christian", he must obey Christ, after all. Of course, they pick and choose from those things Christ taught, and only obey those things they like. He tell us to do things in full sight of men, not in the night. But, if they believe they must do it in the night, they are perfectly willing to do it.

My opinion is that ANY combination of Religion [or non-religion] and Politics is what we call "antichrist", or "the beast".
Hopefully, enough right-thinking people are still here to prevent this.

Politics does indeed make for strange bed-fellows, it seems.

Donald
an American Christian

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2011 9:54:07 PM PDT
David,

While Dominion theology may be very minor among evangelicals, they are exactly the ones who make up the majority of the the so-called "Tea Party" in America. And they are the ones who have run for office all over America. Their universities have produced many political teachers, who are even now entering into politics here in America.

Please David, try to understand this: Politics + Religion = Antichrist.

Donald
a servant of God
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  258
Initial post:  Jul 9, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions