Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days in which we are living; Part Six

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:12:55 PM PST
Lois says:
Well, you know *I* don't use it as an insult. I think it is positively awesome. My dad had to leave school when he was 11 to go to work, mainly in factories. His mother took him to movies and live shows almost every Saturday. He was a wealth of entertainment trivia; it was fascinating. Whenever an actor would appear on TV in a movie or TV show, my dad would expound on all kinds of details about him.

I pretty much followed in his footsteps gathering and holding an enormous amount of information that no one actually needs, but is quite interesting - at least to me.

From my mom I got my love of words. She was a crossword puzzle buff. She had to leave school at 14. By then, she had lost both her parents and went into service for a family to have a place to live. But through crossword puzzles, she was a whiz at the strangest words and meanings. Because of her, I have a very strange vocabulary! =)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:15:07 PM PST
OSAS says:
We use to answer his questions until we found out that his questions are not asked with sincerity, he just wants to mock our response and demean our faith, so most of us have him on ignore.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:15:36 PM PST
OSAS says:
Amen BN.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:18:38 PM PST
OSAS says:
Imagining that Satan does not exist is exactly what he hopes for. Then he can manipulate your life unabated. Satan is real, he is the fallen angel Lucifer and He is Biblical. He is the supernatural force behind all that is evil in this world whether you choose to believe it or not.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 6:20:13 PM PST
Bryan Borich says:
Allan,

From Jeff,

In the unity thread,

< ... the idea that the destiny of peoples is based on their biblical genealogy.>

Uh oh, sounds like he actually understands the Torah far better than Linda Sang.

< Hagee claims Jewish souls are different from those of gentiles.

Uh oh, sounds like he read the Kuzari or the Tanya.

<Hagee's fellow Christian Zionists predict that a coming, divinely ordained paroxysm of anti-Semitic violence, a "second Holocaust," will be necessary to force all Jews to make aliyah.>

Sounds just like my wife. And sounds like a perfectly reasonable prediction.

<but on one point they are absolutely consistent; the ingathering of Jews to Israel>

Gasp! And I pray for that 3 times a day, on weekdays at least.

<and the elimination of Rabbinic Judaism >

Ok, that part's bad. Makes him sound like Linda Sang or Lawrence A. Dickerson.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:22:59 PM PST
OSAS says:
Bless you mrs. exp. I am so sorry to hear about your difficult childhood. Praise God that we have a loving heavenly Father who can replace all those childhood hurts with His wonderous love and peace.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:24:34 PM PST
OSAS says:
Amen Marilyn, blessings sister!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:25:16 PM PST
Lois says:
That entire Lucifer/fallen angel story comes from Enoch which is not part of the canon. And it is no where in the OT. Just the NT copying from Enoch.

At any rate, I was just clearing up that the the author was not from India.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:25:27 PM PST
OSAS says:
I agree.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:28:18 PM PST
OSAS says:
Thank you San Diego, I really appreciate the time you put into your informative posts. Blessings sister.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:31:26 PM PST
Allan says:
TheWindMoves says: They do love their thrones, don't they?

Allan: And their crowns. Never stop talking about THEM.

I find it more than passing strange that people who supposedly take pride in their republican history and Freemasonic deist Founding Fathers are so desperate to return to the feudal system.

Perfectly understandable in the Bible times, of course, because that is all they knew, and their kings and emperors went out of their way to elaborate on their pomp, ceremony and riches as a way of proving they were indeed gods.

I see it as one of the reasons republicans have so much difficulty understanding the Bible. Brought up in a Royalist tradition, I see it totally differently, especially in their metaphors. That is one reason I know that, even though they are interpreted by Royalists, both Daniel and Revelation mean nothing at all like what they are claimed to mean.

One has to empathise with the minds which created those books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:31:58 PM PST
Allan says:
Thanks, Reed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:32:14 PM PST
OSAS says:
I disagree.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:33:58 PM PST
Allan says:
I knew what Lois meant, mate.

(That heading BTW was something along the lines of the data IS rather than the data ARE.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:35:16 PM PST
Allan says:
T. D. Mills says: Amen Cheri me too. They do not understand our relationship with Jesus.

Allan: We understand you all too well, TDM.

Easy stuff.

Your egos dominate all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:35:18 PM PST
Bob says:
And if you don't He will Damn to hell for ever! Nice ha?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:36:31 PM PST
Linda Sang says:
@Lois:

I agree with you: God never gives up on anyone. Beautiful post!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:40:52 PM PST
Lois says:
Where are Lucifer and fallen angels in the OT?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:42:03 PM PST
Lois says:
Thank you, Linda!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:42:11 PM PST
Linda Sang says:
ALLAN: Archaeology alone has proved that the Bible is often wildly wrong when it comes to historical fact. Daniel is a perfect example. There are so many anachronisms. so many errors of fact, in its descriptions if the time of Nebuchadnezzar that it is IMPOSSIBLE for it to have been written at that time. In fact, it was written four hundred years later.

LINDA: Really? How disappointing...Daniel was always my favorite of the prophetic books, mainly because I detected a genuine personality behind the author's voice. His prophetic experiences seemed to have the ring of authenticity and personal experience. That's probably still true, except that the personality I detected actually lived 400 years later than I thought he did!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:43:36 PM PST
Allan says:
Your parents sound great.

Remind me in a roundabout way of a 70yo I met some years back and would have loved to have had more contact with.

He was at TAFE learning to read and write, having never been to school. Had worked on the wharf and around that time there had been a major battle between one of the companies and the trade unions, so I asked him if he knew one of the leading figures. Turned out not only did he know the CEO but was often taken overseas on buying expeditions because he was regarded as one of the best in the field, and often knew more about the machinery than did the engineers who designed it. He was awesome.

Bastard Boys [ NON-USA FORMAT, PAL, Reg.4 Import - Australia]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:46:16 PM PST
Allan says:
T. D. Mills says: We use to answer his questions until we found out that his questions are not asked with sincerity, he just wants to mock our response and demean our faith, so most of us have him on ignore.

Allan: You lie.

My questions are both sincere and genuine, since all I am interested in is the truth.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:46:51 PM PST
Bob says:
I have a picture of some Palestinian toddlers posing for the picture in a street in Gaza. They are all five years old and under. You use this cave man religion to cluster bomb them?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:50:45 PM PST
Allan says:
T. D. Mills says: Imagining that Satan does not exist is exactly what he hopes for. Then he can manipulate your life unabated. Satan is real, he is the fallen angel Lucifer and He is Biblical. He is the supernatural force behind all that is evil in this world whether you choose to believe it or not.

Allan: Complete and utter garbage.

I have proved the Tanakh satans can not possibly be the Christian Devil, that Lucifer is Jerome's own 4th century Latin version of Son of the Dawn which is and can only be the planet Venus as Morning Star, and that the Bible is adamant that God is the one and only supernatural force behind EVERYTHING which exists, since he created it all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 6:52:23 PM PST
Lois says:
They were incredibly special people. They had to overcome a great many hardships and challenges, as well as having a pain in the pooh like me for a daughter =)!

It is through their example that I know Love is the answer to almost, if not all, the problems in the world. What you send out into the world will come back to you. I miss them both every day.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jan 21, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions