Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Mary Was Sinless -- Part VIII

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:37:15 PM PST
Pope Jim says:
I have been telling you that they are wrong, and lies. That is the bondage I talk about, believing the lie and not knowing why you believe it. It is bondgage to teachings made by the men of the RCC.

And the reason they are easy to see they are wrong is that they go against God's Word, and EVERY ONE of them attempt to put anothe man in the role that is for Christ alone.

Seriously, look at all the teachings of the RCC that are said to go against the Word of God and see if they place another person in the role that Christ holds. Just look.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:38:27 PM PST
Pope Jim says:
No they do not. Most protestant churches just hope people will stay.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:39:15 PM PST
Pope Jim says:
Not at all. Except to Pastors and Priest who believe they are the reason for the Church growing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:41:58 PM PST
Pope Jim says:
They're lies, Kev, and you don't even recognizing you are following it. That's the point, you don't even know.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:42:54 PM PST
Pope Jim says:
As said from someone who belongs to the richest denomination on earth.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:44:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 4:46:40 PM PST
Lily,

RE: "You announcing that they're coming to YOUR church is gloating, bragging, boasting, whatever you want to call it."

Just as a point of reference, how do you view Dr. Bold's frequent references to Scott Hahn and others as "proof" of the superiority of the RCC over Protestantism? I have never seen you chastise Dr. Bold for "gloating, bragging, boasting, whatever you want to call it."

And how about ETWN's "The Journey Home." Is this not "gloating, bragging, boasting, whatever you want to call it."

Especially when Protestants convert to Roman Catholicism at a widely reported rate that replaces less than half of the North American cradle Roman Catholic who leave the RCC for Protestantism...

Grace and Peace, Sister,

S.D.G.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:47:26 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
J Hampton says: I have been telling you that they are wrong, and lies.

But you haven't given us a good reason why we should believe you.

The Catholic Church has been able to convince me they're right, and without "forcing" me. You keep parroting, "the Catholic Church's teachings go against God's word," as if you were an MP3 player stuck on "repeat," but when we look at God's word in its totality, your "case" evaporates.

Your "interpretation" is eisegesis, pure and simple. That's known in Scripture as "going beyond what's written." We don't put anyone where Christ alone belongs -- including His mother -- but YOU pretend to sit in the seat Christ intended for Peter and his successors.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:49:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 5:09:15 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
Bruce E. Wade says: And how about ETWN's "The Journey Home." Is this not "gloating, bragging, boasting, whatever you want to call it."

No, it's not, and your claiming that it is, is a symptom of your personal insecurity about your own "faith community." Understandable, since there are more Mormons now than there are Lutherans in the largest Lutheran denomination.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:54:47 PM PST
Easter Lily says:
Yes, Jim, I AM a caring person. I care about everyone regardless of their religious beliefs. I pray for everyone because I care and because I want them all to know Jesus. Jesus for me, is in the Catholic Church as well as living in me. Jesus for you, is in your church as well as living in you.

Jesus comes to each person where they are at that moment whether the person is Catholic, protestant or another affiliation. Jesus was with me in the Catholic Church of my youth, He remained with me in the protestant churches I went to while searching for the nearest Catholic Church and He brought me to the Catholic Church I attend to this day. And He is still with me.

Yes, Jim, Jesus WANTS me to remain Catholic. And it rips me to shreds when someone, anyone, puts down the Church I love so much, my Church which I firmly believe He founded, built and is still building to this day. HIS Church which is so filled with His Presence that I am filled with such awe every time I enter because I know I'm there to spend time with Him. To be with Him totally and completely. That's all I want. I never want to leave. But when I do, I come home glowing, according to my mother. Yes, Jim, GLOWING, which is what happens when you're in His presence.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 4:55:36 PM PST
Easter Lily says:
That too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:10:17 PM PST
Easter Lily says:
Kevin has shared Scott Hahn's testimony with posters here. He is not bragging, merely sharing Dr Hahn's journey which those who are interested can also look up online.

"The Journey Home" informs and is encouraging to Catholics and non Catholics alike. There is no gloating, bragging or boasting from any of the guests. Just the sharing of their individual journey back home to the Catholic Church.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:16:17 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
True on all points. But Bruce thinks anyone who leaves Protestantism for Catholicism is at best lacking in cognitive faculties, if not an outright enemy of humanity, so unthinkable and indefensible is the act of converting to Catholicism in his eyes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:22:30 PM PST
Pope Jim says:
I have shown you hundreds of times where it goes against His Word. HUNDREDS. And that doesn't even count the HUNDREDS of times Bruce Wade has corrected you.

You don't need to believe me, your answers lay in why most of the RCCs teachings go DIRECTLY against His Word, and why all of them end up in the role that Jesus Christ alone.

Why do all the teachings of the RCC touch the Glory that belongs to Jesus Christ alone?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:40:12 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
Sometimes I wish I'd gone straight from Protestantism to Catholicism instead of "by way of..." like I did.

People on "The Journey Home" don't feel as if Protestantism had scammed them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 5:48:57 PM PST
Oh, true that...

One deacon I know left his church because he didn't like the very well-paid pastor hired to replace the one who retired. I had to remind him that the Bible says that the wage-earner who shows up later in the day will receive the same as the one who'd been there since the morning.

He laughed and said I was right - but he still didn't go back. And I couldn't help wondering why the pastor was considered that important, because like him or not imo attending a service should be about worshiping Christ and NOT fretting over the man in the pulpit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:07:04 PM PST
well said, Kitties.

This morning I was lector. As I stood at the Ambo waiting for the organist to stop playing and the priest to give me the signal to start announcements, I watched the people come in and fill up the pews. All of the pews had 3 or more people in them. 6 adults is the max per pew. By the time I got started the church was over 4/5ths full. 4/5ths! Christmas Mass is standing room only, lining the walls, on the choir stairs, into the back alcoves. Clearly this church is not dying, not bleeding. And if it is, it is not doing so at my parish.

I believe firmly in 'you believe what you want to believe, and I will believe what I want to believe.' I have never encountered so many people who were so eager to prove the other person's religious beliefs are wrong.

And I never encountered so many people who say the Catholic Church is so wrong about things we don't even teach!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:11:55 PM PST
I know a former employee of the Catholic Church (a Protestant) who repeatedly made similar critical statements - and ended up stealing money from the parish...

After serving jail time, eventually this person was hired to work at a Protestant Church and now BRAGS about how rich it is. You just can't make this stuff up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:13:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 6:21:54 PM PST
Kevin Bold says:
Keep in mind that the most important skill a Protestant pastor can have is his public speaking ability, followed by, of all things, singing. If he can't consistently deliver a good sermon, he's doomed, no matter how talented he is at counseling, organizing, or even fundraising.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:20:46 PM PST
This is true...

Not everyone has a bad experience. They just decide to move on.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:21:49 PM PST
Amen, Theresa!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:26:14 PM PST
Dr. Bold,

Considering studies commissioned by your denomination have proven your denomination looses two North American cradle Roman Catholics to Protestantism for ever one Protestant convert gained, would you be so kind as to find even one regularly scheduled broadcast on any "Protestant" television network dedicated to trumpeting Roman Catholics conversions to Protestantism?

Even one would suffice...

And should it not be a crime to continually point out when you are "stealing sheep" from another denomination? It is not like you found a "lost soul" headed, otherwise, to perdition to "save." Another Christian is not a "save," even in ice hockey...

Grace and Peace, Brother,

S.D.G.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:27:10 PM PST
Sadly true...

But they should know they're always welcome back!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:28:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 6:52:07 PM PST
J, You mean like that of Paul's teachings also, who claims he too can save some, and that he too is our father and that we should imitate him too! Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:32:39 PM PST
Pope Jim says:
Keep in mind that the most important skill a pastor can have is that he is led by the Holy Spirit, just like Jesus was.

Jesus is responsible for the building of the church.

You hate people, Kevvy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 6:32:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012 6:34:43 PM PST
Dr. Bold,

Would you be so very kind as to back up these scurrilous charges with even one post where I indicated such belief.

Or would you prefer that I find each and every one where you charge every Christian not belonging to your denomination as a schismatic heretic who should be dealt with rather harshly?

I do not think every person who makes a poor choice is "an outright enemy of humanity." And I do believe converting to Roman Catholicism is significantly better than remaining outside Christianity.

Heck, I even tolerate your invective and ad hominem and treat you with far more respect than you merit. Because that is how Christians treat other Christians...

Grace and Peace, Brother,

S.D.G.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  48
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions