Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Grace of God 2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 15, 2013 3:44:25 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
What did Jesus talk to the disciples about?
It wasnt the law- He talked to them about losing the ego, Loving others and following Him! To follow Him is to follow in the very footsteps of Love like the world has never known!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 4:25:55 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
The world has an overwhelming need to prove itself and to thump its chest and be right to all those around. The world seeks to be first and to be on top and to be noticed as being "it."

But Love fights differently. Love is patient, Love is kind, never jealous and free of pride. Love is our "weapon" as only Love has "divine power to demolish strongholds." Only Love will demolish arguments and only Love can we all agree on.

By making every thought obedient to Christ we are implementing exactly what He said, "Love one another." I have nothing to prove and no "ax to grind" just three words and that is all that needs to be said, "God Is Love!"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 7:58:26 PM PST
Bi, Actually, there are so many Holy Scripture verses that refute mere faith alone in Jesus as justification, as Paul warns those who HAVE FAITH in JESUS, that IF they THEN persist in immorality and impurity, they shall NOT enter the Kingdom and the sacrifice for sins NO LONGER REMAINS for them. (Ephesians 5;5,6, Hebrews 10:26, Galatians 5:19,20,21, Romans 2:8,9, Matthew 7:21). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:02:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 27, 2013 6:36:20 AM PST
R, Not dishonest at all as you guess, after all, Jesus regutes the man made made fallacy of faith alone as justification, and affirms that we must also repent, (Luke 13:5) and obey, as Jesus our Great God and Saviour affirms, we must also love God and neighbor, for "If you wish to enter into Life, then Keep the commandments", and Paul agrees, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God", (Matthew 19:17, Romans 2;13, Romans 6:16) for Paul states EVEN if one has ALL FAITH in Jesus, BUT does not love others, it is useless, (1 Corinthians 13;2) as we shall each receive as our WORKS deserve. (Revelation 2:23, Matthew 16;27, John 5:29, Matthew 25:35,42). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 3:38:02 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
The Linus affect and you!

What is your spiritual blanket?

Please read Luke 16:15

Vs. 15 "He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God's sight."

In the comic strip "Peanuts" by Charles Schultz one of my favorite characters was Linus. He had a constant companion in his blanket; it was his security and the only thing that made him feel safe.

Today sadly for many Christians they have their security blanket wrapped around them in the form of the rules or laws they follow, the way they look to others or in how much they "do" in their local church.

God wants to be your One and Only security blanket for a very good reason- He is the Only security there is! If anything else could be your security then God sent Jesus to earth for no reason which leaves us with the prospect that God is a sadistic puppet master!

Jesus being your One and Only security starts by believing in Him- but that is just the start of a journey that will take you on a journey that will last a lifetime.

How do you know that your security is in Him and not a blanket like law? Here are some questions to consider. As you go through the next week just let these questions roll around in your mind:

1) Is there anything I could do that would cause God to Love me less?

2) How many friends would I lose if they knew my darkest secret?

3) Do I feel closer to God after some action or activity like church?

I hope you will take a moment to write down your response not just now but also at the end of the week and ask yourself honestly "What is my spiritual blanket?"

To discover the Grace blanket of having full trust in Him, a good starting point is the 7 questions at: http://www.begracefull.com/let-the-journey-begin/

Don't worry-BeGraceFull.com!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 5:17:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013 1:59:41 PM PST
R, No, there is nothing we can do to make God love us less, but Paul warns those who HAVE FAITH IN JESUS, that IF they then persist in immorality and impurity, they shall NOT enter the Kingdom, and the sacrifice for sins NO LONGER REMAINS for them. (Ephesians 5;5,6, Galatians 5:19,20,21, Romans 2:8,9, Hebrews 10;26, Matthew 7:21, 1 Corinthians 13:2, Revelation 2;23). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:22:56 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
LOVE!!!!
The mystery is this- God so Loved you and me that He sent His only Son to die a horrible death for us and that death made us clean and pure and righteous as He is righteous. If God hasn't revealed that to you please send me an email and I will tell you more.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:49:32 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
To reconcile means "to be put back together with" or "to make two things that seem incompatible, compatible."

How does that relate to what Jesus did on the cross?

In a nutshell He reconciled me to God. Yes God who is all Holy and has no darkness in Him. This is why the law is no longer the measuring stick and no longer applies "to those who are in Christ Jesus."

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:14:57 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Why is legalism so bad and anti-Christ?

1) It sets you up for failure as the law never made anyone perfect.

2) It sets you up to be a judge and that job belongs to only One and neither you nor I are that One.

3) It causes you to either get conceited (Hey look how good I am) which is the opposite of denying the self or it causes guilt and shame as you cant keep it.

4) It forces you to focus on self and "doing" instead of others and "loving."

5) It gives you a false god to follow. Instead of "God is Love" you have god is fear. Did I sin? Oh God is going to punish me.

6) It creates a reason for you to seek pain relievers like drugs, alcohol, money, sex, power, etc- to take your mind off of what you will never be able to attain- righteousness on your own.

7) It says Jesus wasnt enough. Jesus is the reason we are under grace. The Good News of the gospel is Jesus sacrificed Himself so your sins are paid for all you have to do is accept what He did for you.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:43:13 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
What if instead we followed Grace?

"No one would seek their own good but the good of others."

"Love one another and thus fulfill the law and the prophets."

Would you like to heal your hurt and frustration?

Think about this if grace is real and grace says, "Love God and Love others and this fulfills everything" think about what a wonderful world it would be if everyone did that. Wouldn't it be almost like heaven on earth?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:17:03 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Would you like to know how to have eternal life?

"On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. 'Teacher,' he asked, 'what must I do to inherit eternal life?'

"What is written in the Law?" Jesus replied, "How do you read it?"
he answered, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength
and with all your mind; and Love your neighbor as yourself."

"You have answered correctly," Jesus replied, "Do this and live."

But he wanted to justify himself so he asked Jesus "And who is my neighbor?"

The answer came at the end of the story and it was the holy man priest or the Levite who just had too many holy things to do- it was the one that showed Mercy and Love to the man that had been beaten. It was the dirty Samaritan that this expert of the law could not even utter.

God calls on us to make a huge neighborhood by Loving just like Christ Loved and that can only be done on a supernatural basis.

Do you really want to live?

Then really LOVE- It's a simple solution that would solve the world's problems over night and it starts with you and me finding neighbors and who are our neighbors? The ones we have Mercy on and show Love to.

Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 12:31:02 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
Vs. 12 "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Is Jesus a revolving door?

If Jesus comes in and out of you what makes Him different from others gods?

Either God is God or He isn't- which is it?

If He is God and if in God there is no darkness then we need to reexamine the idea of His Love and just how important many things are in our spiritual journey don't you think?

I am inclined to think the when Jesus says "never" well it pretty much means "never."

Anything short of that would be to call Jesus a liar or to say God has darkness in Him- so what do you choose?

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 1:26:41 PM PST
LovedByGod says:
Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace.
Author: Jerry Bridges

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 2:01:22 PM PST
R, No, there is nothing we can do to make God love us less, but Paul warns those who HAVE FAITH IN JESUS, that IF they then persist in immorality and impurity, they shall NOT enter the Kingdom, and the sacrifice for sins NO LONGER REMAINS for them. (Ephesians 5;5,6, Galatians 5:19,20,21, Romans 2:8,9, Hebrews 10;26, Matthew 7:21, 1 Corinthians 13:2, Revelation 2;23). Indeed, faith alone is refuted by the Holy Spirit, as we must also repent, (Luke 13:5) and obey, "If you wish to enter into Life, then Keep the commandments", (matthew 19:17, Romans 2;13, Romans 6;16), as we shall each receive as our WORKS deserve. (Matthew 16;27, John 5:29, Revelation 2:23). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 8:50:07 PM PST
LovedByGod says:
Profuse love. As the overwhelming flood of divine love breaks over us, it washes away every pebble of human ability, sufficiency, or merit. Jesus does not save the deserving, but sinners. He gave himself for the helpless, not the adequate. He died for his enemies, not his associates (Romans 5:6-10). By his doing and by his dying, Jesus removed our sin, made our propitiation, and accomplished our redemption. Because Jesus fully completed the saving work, nothing we ever perform, experience, or accomplish is any part of the work which sets us right with God. We cannot boast even of our faith. John 3:16 begins with the words "for God." It never says "because we." (Edward Fudge)

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 8:58:05 PM PST
LovedByGod says:
"Grace" is not just a theory, a concept or a doctrine. It is God-in-Christ-for-sinners. Nothing we do can earn it, create it, or make it happen. We can only receive it with the empty hands of faith, trusting God and relying on his promise that he has forgiven our sins and has accepted us for Jesus' sake. Until we do that, all our rules, requirements, conditions and obligations only miss the point and waste our time. But when we do trust the gospel promise that God receives sinners, we may happily entrust ourselves to such a God -- eager to seek and to know what pleases him, confident of his goodness and of his love." (Edward Fudge)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 11:34:09 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
LovedByGod,

Great quote!
Brennan Manning has a book called everything is grace- I havent read it yet but it might be a good read!
What we forget is that each and every moment was brought to us by God's permissive will- He is constantly speaking in those moments if we have the courage to listen!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 11:35:28 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
LovedByGod,

AMEN!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 11:38:17 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
LovedByGod,

AMEN - Yes that is sooooo Grace-Full!!
This really blessed me!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 6:37:40 AM PST
LovedByGod says:
Thank you. I will check it out as I do love to read about other Christians experiences and thoughts.

Right now I am thinking about the subjects of worship and doctrine. Sometimes we think we have the one and only answer to the correctness of each, and any one that differs is in danger of ultimate destruction. We search and search and study to get it all exactly right and then try to put a patent on our way.

If all these other people can be wrong, how can we be so conceited and self righteous to think that we are not the ones that are wrong?

We search for examples of this and that and find verses here and there and put them together like a puzzle, then say this is "it". We can be so blind that we put ourselves in grave danger of judgement.

In the O.T. God gave specific instruction for building the tabernacle. There was no doubt about how to build it. Also, their manner of worship and sacrifice was told to them. When we get to the time of Christ we are told to worship "in spirit and in truth", not "here on this mountain or on that mountain". Completely different.

We find some example, here and there, some direction, here and there, but for the most part the things outside of "heart matters", are quite scattered. That has to be for a reason, in my opinion.

The N.T. is full of references to love, belief, faith, grace, confession, repentance, salvation, reconciliation, justification, sanctification, righteousness, unrighteousness, God, The Father, Christ, Holy Spirit, etc.

Did God purposely leave out so many technical instructions concerning manner of worship?

Does that mean that we have the right to make rules that fill in those vacancies?

I notice when we start to make our own rules, then we have to make more rules to cover those rules, and pretty soon we are so involved in keeping track of and policing the rules we lose all focus on the object of our worship. This is all my opinion and not meant to disrespect anyone.

There are so many things about God that I don't know, so many things that He didn't think necessary for me to know. I do know, and it is plainly stated, that God loves me with the greatest love ever imaginable and even more so. My life matters to Him so much that He has promised to walk with me forever.

He died in my place, suffered in my place. Took my sins, all of them, plus the guilt and shame. I love Him for all that and more.

Why would He die for all my sins and then condemn me to eternal punishment because I don't have a complete understanding of His every word?

I have more confidence in God than that. I have put all my trust in Him. I trust He knows my heart and thoughts. I trust He knows my capabilities. I trust He loves all who sincerely love and trust Him.

He is the only One for anyone to trust. Who else is there?
Praise Him and praise Him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 4:18:59 AM PST
LovedByGod says:
Bob,
You are so right. Our nature seems to want to always prove us right. If we can get the love part right we'll put our need to be right out of the way and begin to follow Christ in the loving and caring way that He did.
I have a long way to go in learning how to love like He does.

I was reminded yesterday that everything He did was for others and out of love. So humbling.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 4:41:13 AM PST
LovedByGod says:
R. Hildreth: To reconcile means "to be put back together with" or "to make two things that seem incompatible, compatible."

Me: and it is a wonderful thing to know we are "put back together with God". Being apart from God, to me is a very sad thought.

As you have pointed out many times, when we are apart from God we usually have broken relationships due to that broken relationship with God.

When God reconciles us to Him, He also gives us the knowledge and love to heal other relationships in our lives. He gives us the tool that can heal many broken hearts. We have a new purpose and all is motivated by LOVE.
Love your posts Brother

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 7:55:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 20, 2013 9:29:29 PM PST
Loved, Grace indeed, but mere faith alone is refuted by the Holy Spirit, as we must also repent, (Luke 13:5) and obey, "If you wish to enter into Life, Keep the commandments", (Matthew 19:17, Romans 2:13, Ephesians 5;5,6, Galatians 5:19,20,21, Hebrews 10:26). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 8:52:48 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
God has a coffin and that is the knowledge we think we have about Him!
We put God in a coffin every time we Think we know exactly who He is and what He wants!
There are 3 words I know for sure "God Is Love" and everything else is Faith!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013 8:55:55 PM PST
R. Hildreth says:
LovedByGod,

Amen and Amen!!
It all comes from Him every good and perfect gift and Its all good!
God creates the Lovers in us that will glorify Him and every moment and breath in our life is designed to bring that creation into a greater sense of His purpose!
We have to be open to what He is doing and the easiest way to NOT be open is to think that we can offer something by our works and effort.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
581 16 days ago
Homosexual's in Houston attack Pastors 8667 8 seconds ago
Humans did NOT evolve from Apes 2568 15 seconds ago
Can Christianity be saved from the harm done by Literalist ID/Creationist End Times fundies: Part theSixth 2662 1 minute ago
The Historical Jesus 5793 2 minutes ago
The End of the World as we know it...Part Two 1771 3 minutes ago
King James Inerrancy 5310 5 minutes ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion (was "Mary was Sinless"). 8800 5 minutes ago
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the restored church II 8315 5 minutes ago
Will an atheist ever change their mind?..... again. 951 17 minutes ago
Catholicism is based on Jesus Christ- Part 9 3242 23 minutes ago
Who Created Nothing? 428 53 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  1010
Initial post:  Dec 30, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions