Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days we are living in; Part Four

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 10:16:07 PM PDT
Shakepen says:
TDM: Which version?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2012 11:36:52 PM PDT
Shakepen says:
TDM: Unfortunately, we still haven't agreed on which Biblical version. Just a few are Jerome's translation of the Greek into Latin Vulgate, Wycliffe's translation, Tyndale's translation, Erasmus' translation of the Greek new Testament, Luther's translation of the Bible. the Geneva Bible, the Douay-Rheims Bible, The King James Bible, Wettstein's publication of the Greek edition of the NT, the Schofield Bible, The New American Standard Bible, The New International Standard, The New Revised Standard Version, the Mormon Bible, The Jerusalem Bible, The New English Bible, and God knows how many other Bibles!

According to Ehrman in Misquoting Jesus, there are thousands of differences among these Bibles, caused by copying errors, different understanding of meanings, additions, subtractions, etc. The Bible is anything but the inerrent word of God! Remember the first Bibles were written in Greek from stories that were originally in Aramaic and then translated into Latin. Some translators used the Latin text to translate into native languages, and some translators went back to the Greek texts for translation into native languages such as English, French, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 1:12:11 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
That's why she thinks the Holy Spirit is a He not a She - one of those greek to roman translation problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 1:35:48 AM PDT
Theo says:
Moses wrote that 'in the beginning God' Elohim, plural, created the heavens and the Earth.' He also wrote 'let us' make man...
There are three separate and distinct persons in the Godhead. They are coequal, coinfinite and coeternal. They have the same
essence. God is: Soveriegn, Righteous, Just, Love, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Immutable, Veracity and Eternal Life.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 1:41:07 AM PDT
Theo says:
In order to become our mediator between God and man, God the Son (Adoni) took on human form. As the baby Jesus said in Heb 10:5-
'a body you (God the Father) you have prepared for me...'
Mary was a young Jewish Believer who was growing and maturing spiritually and loved the Lord her God...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 2:00:16 AM PDT
Theo says:
Cheri- you're right, the Earth will be restored to perfection during the Millenial Reign of Jesus Christ. However, all humans will still
possess the Old Sin Nature and many will choose against Christ even though he will be visible. This proves, that cleaning up the
environment, or whitewashing the Devil's world is not the solution for man's sin problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 2:08:40 AM PDT
Theo says:
'For since the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom
did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the
foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
For indeed Jews ask for signs, and Greeks search for wisdom;
but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block, and
to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both
Jews and Greeks (Gentiles), Christ the power of God and the wisdom of
God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and
the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1Col1:21-25.

Lois- I hope you and others here do not spend 40+ years wandering this Earth in search of God's truth
when we so clearly have it all before us.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 2:09:03 AM PDT
Theo says:
Amen.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 2:11:32 AM PDT
Theo says:
This is why all translations must be compared to the original language texts.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 2:22:34 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
The Us was God and Sophia.

Mother/Father

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 2:23:02 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
We already had mediators, tzeddiks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 2:38:41 AM PDT
Observation:
- --- - - -- -- --- - -
T. D. Mills says:

Theo says:

Shake- the Messiah was promised to come from David's line (not Solomon's.)

TDM: Amen, true.
-- - -- ---- - - -- - -
San Diego comment:

Solomon is David's son as such the Messiah is in the line of both (Mt. genealogy etc.)

And due to the curse on Coniah the blood line goes through Mary and the Royal line goes through Joseph.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:23:22 AM PDT
Allan says:
T. D. Mills says: I responded to it. I don't agree with evolution.

Allan: As advised by Behe and the Institute for Creation Research, of course.

Why not try thinking for yourself for a change?

BTW As a further evidence of the ICR's lies, take a look at http://www.icr.org/articles/view/6400/202/.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:27:23 AM PDT
Allan says:
''atheists and anti-christians are running the govt''

You mean the Capitalists?

But you must admit they know how to manipulate the born-agains, End Timers, Literalists, ID/Creationists and their type.

Tea Party Rules OK.

Be interesting to see how y'all cope with a Mormon POTUS.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:28:27 AM PDT
Allan says:
''As far as Jesus goes, of course, we resemble him: ''

Blonde, blue-eyed, tall, and handsome.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:30:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2012 4:30:30 AM PDT
Lois says:
She isn't talking about You, Allan! =]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:30:37 AM PDT
Allan says:
TDM: I don't fully understand it ...

Allan: you have never said a truer word.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:32:57 AM PDT
Allan says:
T. D. Mills says: I did not write the article I just posted it.

Allan: Not even honest enough to accept full personal responsibility for posting it here?

Typical of your type.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:38:37 AM PDT
Allan says:
''There are many such metaphors and allegories in God's Word, but they are obvious when being used. ''

Not to you, TDM.

'' A simple formula to determine if a passage should be considered symbolic is that the language in question must possess some degree of absurdity when taken literally and some degree of clarity when taken symbolically.''

Exactly.

Noah's Flood is an example of complete absurdity when taken literally since it literally could not have happened.

Adam and Eve in Eden is an example of absurdity when taken literally since it literally could not have happened.

Need I go on?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:42:40 AM PDT
Allan says:
'' I was pointing out that the RCC accepts evolution. ''

As do all educated Christians.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:48:32 AM PDT
Allan says:
Cheri says: I happen to believe in the garden of Eden. It was a perfect place where God walked and talked with Adam and Eve...*

Allan: 6000 years ago?

Try telling that to the Australian Aborigines who have been here somewhere between 45,000-70,000 years.

''I feel the earth will be restored to a condition very similar to the garden.''

And we will be reduced to the role of gardeners, hewers of wood and drawers of water?

No thanks.

*Try telling that to your mate who keeps insisting no one has seen God. Bit hard to walk and talk with someone you can't see.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:49:52 AM PDT
Allan says:
T. D. Mills says: There is only one true version of Christianity and it is the Biblical version.

Allan: The Bible according to and selected by the RCC.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:51:53 AM PDT
Allan says:
T. D. Mills says: The triune Godhead is not a pagan practice it is Biblical.

Allan: According to the RCC, which created this nonBiblical nonsense.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 4:56:24 AM PDT
Allan says:
Theo: However, all humans will still possess the Old Sin Nature and many will choose against Christ even though he will be visible. This proves, that cleaning up the environment, or whitewashing the Devil's world is not the solution for man's sin problem.

Allan: Sorry, Th, that is superstitious nonsense.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 5:03:15 AM PDT
Allan says:
Th: Lois- I hope you and others here do not spend 40+ years wandering this Earth in search of God's truth when we so clearly have it all before us.

Allan: Lois, I hope you can shrug this rubbish off with the contempt it deserves.

(As an aside, though she is Ukrainian I was surprised when one of my fellow NLP students did not recognise the ''water off a duck's back'' metaphor. We were doing an exercise on how to solve personal issues and I suggested this was how she needed to treat her issue we were working on and all I got was a blank stare.. I'm having fun, learning a lot.)
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions