Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Am I the Only Christian NOT Surprised by the Election Results?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 10:57:19 AM PST
I want to preface my comments with the Only Authoritative Source of Truth:

2 Peter 3
Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder),
2 that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior,
3 knowing this first: that SCOFFERS will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts,
4 and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation."
5 For this they WILLFULLY forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water,
6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a THIEF IN THE NIGHT, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 LOOKING FOR and HASTENING the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, BE DILIGENT to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation-as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which UNTAUGHT and UNSTABLE people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest YOU ALSO FALL from your own steadfastness, BEING LED AWAY with the error of the wicked;
18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.

We, as a Country, have not only rejected Christ but we have now rejected the other foundations of this United States. Santa Clause has trumped working hard. Conservatives everywhere, even Rush Limbaugh are beginning to wake up to the fact that Conservatives in this country ARE out-numbered. Knowing better, I was holding onto that hope as well. And while I did not FULLY expect Romney to win, I had hoped such MIGHT be the case.

The Nation underwent another FUNDAMENTAL changed last night. A change that has been decades in coming and is now (seemingly anyway) a change that is leading us down the last leg of a dark path.

Our answers are not in the politicians of this world, as this world is passing away. Jesus said that His Kingdom was NOT of this earth. Those of us who have our hope IN Christ Jesus need not let our hearts be troubled, for God is sovereign. He is not surprised by this in the least, indeed it has passed through His very hands.

Those of you who do NOT know Jesus Christ, those who are currently rejecting His RIGHTFUL rule in your life, consider the following: God has stated in His Word that EVERY knee will bow and EVERY tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ IS Lord. God is withholding His judgment so that YOU have a chance to turn to Him in faith AND repentance.

The choice is up to YOU.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:13:01 AM PST
We've killed tens of millions of innocent babies. Lots of Christians are voting in favor homosexual marriage and homosexual adoption and other Christians have been silent about it. Lots of Christians are in favor of legalizing marijuana because they themselves smoke it. Lots of Christians are getting high off xanax, oxycontin, and all sorts of synthetics. Many Christians worship money and Wall Street.

When you really look around God cannot bless America. We've gone too far away from His commandments.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:16:38 AM PST
Joe W says:
Next time you pray, tell Rush not to let the door hit him in the arse on the way out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 11:24:47 AM PST
inkling says:
"I want to preface my comments with the Only Authoritative Source of Truth"

Oh, how rare, spiritual arrogance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 12:59:24 PM PST
The problem for the "Progressives" is that I (for one) am NOT going anywhere. I and others of like mind, will continue to pray and use Constitutional means to protect this country.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:13:43 PM PST
Joe W says:
The problem for you personally, Jeremy, is that the people to whom you apply your ever changing labels meaning "Them" are not going anywhere. Fritter your time praying all you wish. I will think and use constitutional means to protect the people of this country.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:39:34 PM PST
Alan says:
As an outsider looking in I find one of the tragedies of American democracy is that religion and politics have become so entangled and bitter. It seems impossible to have fiscal responsibility without the social policies of the "Christian Right" or social liberalism without fiscal incontinence. The Founding Fathers were very wise when writing the Constitution in separating State and religion

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:42:29 PM PST
Seems that what this country needs protected from is you (for one).

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:50:13 PM PST
Alan says:
The great advantage of democracy is that the electorate, and only the electorate, is able to make the decision as to who governs the country. Regardless of who is the successful candidate it is the American people and democracy that are the real winners.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:51:26 PM PST
M. Simonson says:
"The Nation underwent another FUNDAMENTAL changed last night. A change that has been decades in coming and is now (seemingly anyway) a change that is leading us down the last leg of a dark path."

Well I sort of sense the typical "my way or the highway" theme often common among fundamentalists and ultra-conservatives. Many Christians are moderates and swing voters and they aren't going to jump in with the fundies and the Branson Missouri crowd. For example there were moderate Republicans, folks who would have voted for making the hard choices and trying to get some sort of budgeting back on track. Some were thrown out in primaries by these crazy tea party guys. No way was the populace going to embrace some of these characters.

Even if we live in a "center-right" country (which is highly debatable) we don't live in a country that's gone totally nuts and dreams of going to Branson to see Pat Boone and a live taping of the Jim Baker show.

Moderates for example see no problem with having something like unemployment insurance or a food stamp program. In no way is this trumping some function that God intended for the Church. Christians are encouraged to practice charity and giving in various ways but it's not one way or the other; a theme often heard from ultra-conservatives.

The problem with conservatives is not that they would do something like totally pull the rug out from Medicare recipients, I really don't think many of them would do that. The problem is their crazy rhetoric makes them sound just that bad. In joining with the fundamentalist right the political right has embraced rhetorical themes that just sound awful.

Yep, they aren't going to get elected. They think they are like their hero Ronald Reagan but they have much to high an opinion of themselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:54:07 PM PST
nonsense

no baby has been killed at all

a fetus is not a baby
until a fetus is ejected there is no person to kill

a fetus is a bunch of parasitic cells taht the female has the right to remove

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 1:55:14 PM PST
dream on alice

the big money manipulates the sheeple to get the govt taht they want and screw the people

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:23:53 PM PST
and, a fetus is a life, as Elizabeth called Mary the MOTHER of the LORD while He was yet a FETUS in her womb. (Luke 1:43). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:40:04 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 7, 2012 2:44:30 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:45:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 4:50:03 PM PST
emmenar2 says:
andthehorseirodeinontoo?:

"Fetus" is a term used by people who have no problem with killing unborn children. It is used to dehumanize the baby, aiding in justification for killing it. "It isn't human, so it doesn't matter." Eases the conscience, where there is one. When I was a boy, we raised rabbits for meat (big family, little money). My Dad told us not to name the rabbits, or we would get attached to them, making it harder when butchering time came. Same idea as "fetus" instead of "baby." So you don't get attached to the little parasite. Makes it easier to kill it.

Women who DON'T plan on killing their "fetuses" give them names long before they are born, caress them, sing and talk to them, buy them clothing, and decide which room will be the nursery.

If a baby in the womb is just a "parasite," subject to the whims of its "host" (what parasites live off of), why does the law charge a drunk driver with TWO homicides when a pregnant woman is killed?

Abortion is a blight on this country. We are a throw-away society: everything is disposable. Even babies.

Sincerely,
the father of two girls, who were always my babies, even before they were born--uh, I mean "ejected."
Matthew

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:48:15 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 7, 2012 3:24:08 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:50:54 PM PST
emmenar2 says:
Matthew L. Broderick:

Hey! I agreed with you on something! Gave you a yes!

Matthew

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 2:58:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 3:00:10 PM PST
It is only referred to as a baby if the mother wants it. No one ever asks, "how's your fetus doing?" Except maybe you.
Referring it as a fetus makes it easier to toss the baby away.

emmenar2 ninja'd me

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:04:29 PM PST
Alan says:
I don't think anybody could deny that abortion is always a tragedy for all concerned, but sometimes in their desperation some women feel that it is the least worse of the options that are available to them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:09:38 PM PST
Astrocat says:
Alan, I don't see abortion as a tragedy, but it's not the ideal solution to any problem, and can be somewhat abolished through the judicious and intelligent use of contraceptives. Not all women can use contraceptives, however, and even those that do find they don't provide 100% protection against pregnancy. So there will always be a need for abortion, even if contraceptives are always used when pregnancy is not desired.

Perhaps in the future better contraceptives will be developed so that they'll be less problematic. When that happens, we may find abortion becoming so rare as to cease being an issue of any kind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:12:58 PM PST
I don't agree with this statement at all(especially the first part).

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 3:14:11 PM PST
Alan says:
Nancy,

That would be an excellent outcome. But I suppose not all would agree.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:17:53 PM PST
Nancy,
People would have to actually use these futuristic better contraceptives.
"we may find abortion becoming so rare as to cease being an issue of any kind." Really?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:23:46 PM PST
Bubba says:
Perhaps once a month pills, or estrogen free oral or implantable contraceptives.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 3:34:35 PM PST
JJB says:
I want to preface my comments with the Only Authoritative Source of Truth:

Romans 13:1
"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

God made his choice clear in 2008. He made his choice clear again last night. i wonder what it will take for some of you to get the message. Perhaps he needs to drop a piano on some heads.

God's will be done and it was done.

get over it!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 63 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  74
Total posts:  1565
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions