Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days we are living in; Part Three

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 11, 2012 5:51:57 PM PDT
OSAS says:
We are living in the last days. The disciples asked Jesus ..."What will be the sign of Your coming, and the end of the age?" Matthew 24"3

"And Jesus answered and said to them "Take heed that no one deceives you. Many will come in My name, saying I am the Christ, and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not come yet. For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences and earthquakes in various places. All of these are the beginning of sorrows." Matthew 24:4-8

"And there will be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; men's hears failing them from fear and the expectation of those which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken." Luke 21:25

"For thus says the Lord of Host; Once more (it is a little while) I will shake heaven and earth, the sea and dry land and I will shake all nations..." Haggai 2:6-7

Signs in the Sun, Moon, and Stars-Just the First 3 Months of 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk-3MU-rc0M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=MgGWrX3jxJo&feature=endscreen

Nations are attempting to divide the small Nation of Israel, God's land, and the UN wants to declare a Palestinian State within it's borders and divide God's City Jerusalem. This would give Israel indefensible borders and set her up for annihilation which is something God will never allow. The prophet's Joel and Zechariah prophesied these events thousands of years ago and warned of God's fierce judgment against all nations who take part in dividing the land, His City and those who come against His people. This includes the United States, whose government continually attempts to take steps to orchestrate Israel's division and ultimate destruction, instead of defending Israel's right to exist in it's God given land as a sovereign nation.

Jerusalem and its alternative Hebrew name Zion appear 850 times in the Old Testament and 142 Times in the New Testament for a total of 992 times in the Holy Bible. Neither the name Jerusalem nor any of the 16 various Arabic names for Jerusalem is mentioned in the Koran. In an expanded interpretation of the Koran from the 12th century, one passage is said to refer to Jerusalem.

Regarding the land that God has promised Israel, Genesis 15:18 declares, "To your descendants [Abraham's] I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates." God later confirms this promise to Abraham's son Isaac, and Isaac's son Jacob (whose name was later changed to Israel). When the Israelites were about to invade the Promised Land, God reiterated the land promise, as recorded in Joshua 1:4, "Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the great river, the Euphrates - all the Hittite country - to the Great Sea on the west."

With these two passages in mind, the territory that God gave to Israel included everything from the Nile River in Egypt to Lebanon (North to South) and everything from the Mediterranean Sea to the Euphrates River (West to East). This includes all of the land modern Israel currently possesses, plus all of the land of the Palestinians (the West Bank and Gaza), plus parts of Egypt and Syria, all of Jordan, part of Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Israel currently possesses only a small percentage of the land God has promised.

In addition to the above passages, Ezekiel 47:13-48:35 recount's the Lord's measurements of the land given to the Israelites. He begins with "Thus says the Lord God: `These are the borders'" and finishes with a declaration that its capital (Jerusalem) shall be called "The Lord is There." (Ez 48:35)

Israel is the only nation on earth who has been allocated land by Almighty God with the title deed to their land recorded in the Holy Bible.

In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, "Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the Euphrates." Genesis 15:18

"And I will give unto thee and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God." Genesis 17:8

God said, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee, and in thee shall all the families be blessed." Genesis 12:3

And again God said, "The land shall not be sold for ever, for the land is Mine, for ye are strangers and sojourners with Me." Leviticus 25:23

"I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted My land." Joel 3:2

God said: "But I have chosen Jerusalem that my name might be there; and have chosen David to be over my people." 2 Chronicles 6:11

"Thus says the Lord of hosts: "He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; [Israel] for he who touches you, touches the apple of His eye." (Zech 2:8)

"The day of the Lord is near for all nations. As you have done, it will be done to you: your deeds will return upon you own head." (Obadiah 15)

"It shall be in that day [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem." Zach 12:9

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Psalm 122:6

"So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near, at the door!" Matt 24:33

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:29:31 PM PDT
OSAS says:
From Part 2
In reply to your post on Jun 11, 2012 5:31:28 PM PDT SIA says:

>>> You say you accepted Jesus as your Savior when you were young

SIA: Yes. I did. I have grown up since then.

TDM: What does that mean? I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was 6, I have grown up since then too but He is still my Lord and Savior.

>>> but you reject that He is God who came in the Flesh

SIA: Because God is greater than that which can be contained in one man. I have NEVER denied that Jesus came in the flesh, and that the Spirit of God was within him. I just see it differently than you do.

TDM: Jesus is God and yes He is greater that can be contained in one man but it is the man/God that interacts with humanity through the Holy Spirit. God is a Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each being equal yet one. The Father was only greater than the Son when He set aside His deity for 33 years so He could live as we do and experience what we go through with only the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to help Him through life as we have once we are born again. Jesus existed before He came in the flesh, He was the Word that created the heavens and the earth and all that they contain. He was the Lord God who appeared to people in the OT. Jesus tells us that no one has seen the Father therefore the part of God who was seen in the OT was the Lord Jesus pre-incarnate.

>>> you reject His atoning sacrifice on behalf of your sins

SIA: Because the Old Testament says that no man can pay for another man's sins. Each man is responsible for his own. Read the Bible. It's Biblical. It is not Jesus's BLOOD that saves, it is his LOVE that saves.

TDM; Not true, the OT prophesied the coming Messiah who would die for the sin of the world.

Genesis 3:15 "He was the "seed of a woman" - fulfilled in Galatians 4:4

The birth of Jesus was unique, different from every other human birth. He was to be, in a one-time sense, the "Seed of the woman", as promised by God in the very beginning, not made from male seed which is normally the case. Biologically, a woman does not produce a seed, and with the exception of this case the bible refers only to the seed of men. The promised Seed would consequently have to be miraculously implanted in the womb. In this way, Jesus would not inherit the sin nature which would disqualify every son of Adam from becoming a Savior from sin. In fact, His human body was specifically "prepared" by God (Heb 10:5) so as to be born without inherent sin or genetic defects from either parent. This prophecy in Gen 3:15 clearly anticipated the future virgin birth of Christ.

Isaiah 7:14 He would be born of a virgin - fulfilled in Luke 1:26-27, 30-31

Micah 5:2 He would be born in Bethlehem - fulfilled in John 1:2; Luke 2:4-5, 7

Genesis 12:3 He would be a descendant of Abraham - fulfilled in Matthew 1:1

Genesis 49:10 He would be from the tribe of Judah = fulfilled in Luke 3:33

Isaiah 9:7 He would be an heir to the throne of David - fulfilled in Luke 1:32-33

Hosea 11:1 He would be taken to Egypt - fulfilled in Matthew 2:14-15

Jeremiah 31:15 King Herod would order the killing of all infants - fulfilled in Matt 2:16-18

Isaiah 11:2 He would be anointed by the Holy Spirit - fulfilled in Matthew 3:16-17

Isaiah 40:3-5; Malachi 3:1 His way would be prepared by a messenger of the Lord - fulfilled in Matthew 3:1-3 by John the Baptist

Isaiah 35:5-6 He would perform miracles - fulfilled in Matthew 9:35

Isaiah 61:1 He would preach the Good News - fulfilled in Luke 4:14-21

Isaiah 9:1 He would minister in Galilee - fulfilled in Matthew 4:12-16

Malachi 3:1 He would cleanse the Temple - fulfilled in Matthew 21:12-13

Daniel 9:25 He would first portrayed Himself as King 173,880 days from the decree to rebuild Jerusalem - fulfilled in Matthew 21:4-11

Zechariah 9:9 He would enter Jerusalem as a King riding on a donkey - fulfilled in Matthew 21:4-9

Psalms 118:22 He would be rejected by the Jews - fulfilled in I Peter 2:7

Psalms 22; Isaiah 53 He would died a humiliating death that would involve:

Isaiah 53:3 Rejection - fulfilled in John 1:10-11; 7:5, 48

Psalms 41:9 being betrayed by a friend - fulfilled in Luke 22:3-4; John 13:18

Zechariah 11:12 Sold for thirty pieces of silver - fulfilled in Matthew 26:14-15

Isaiah 53:7 He would be silent before His accusers - fulfilled in Matthew 27:12-14

Psalms 22:7-8 He would be mocked - fulfilled in Matthew 27:31

Isaiah 52:14 He would be beaten - fulfilled in Matthew 27:26

Isaiah 50:6 He would be spit upon - fulfilled in Matthew 27:30

Psalms 22:16 His hands and feet would be pierced - fulfilled in Matthew 27:31

Isaiah 53:12 He would be crucified with thieves - fulfilled in Matthew 27:38

Isaiah 53:12 He would pray for His persecutors - fulfilled in Luke 23:34

Zechariah 12:10 His side would be pierced - fulfilled in John 19:34

Psalm 69:21 He would be given gall and vinegar to drink - fulfilled in Matthew 27:34; Luke 23:36

Psalm 34:20 He would sustain no broken bones - fulfilled John 19:32-36

Isaiah 53:9 He would be buried in the tomb of a rich man - fulfilled in Matthew 27:57-60

Psalms 22:18 they would cast lots for His garments - fulfilled in John 19:23-24

Psalm 16:10 He would rise from the dead - fulfilled in Mark 16:6; Acts 2:31

Psalms 68:18 He would ascend into Heaven - fulfilled in Acts 1:9

Psalms 110:1 He would sit down at the right hand of God - fulfilled in Hebrews 1:3

Jesus is heir to the throne of David:

Prophesied in Isaiah 9:7; Daniel 2:44 Jesus Christ would be an heir to the throne of David - fulfilled in Luke 1:32-34

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Price of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon His kingdom, to order it and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this." Isaiah 9:6-7

"And in the days of these kings, shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever." Daniel 2:44

"And behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him, the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of His kingdom there will be no end." Luke 1:32-34

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years." Revelation 20:4

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And He that sat upon the throne said Behold; I make all things new..." Revelation 21:3-5

"I Jesus have sent my angel to testify unto these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David..." Revelation 22:16

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:49:01 PM PDT
ajqueen says:
Wow, I didnt see this the thread had filled up so quickly!

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:49:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 25, 2012 8:05:47 AM PDT
OSAS says:
Continued from part two:

In reply to your post on Jun 11, 2012 5:31:28 PM PDT SIA says:

>>>> you never share the saving Gospel of Christ

SIA: I have shared the LOVING Gospel of Christ. Good news. The Kingdom of Heaven is within you.

TDM: God showed His Love by giving us the Saving Gospel of Christ and we show our love by sharing it. The Kingdom of heaven is ..."righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." [Romans 14:17] You do not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit i.e. the Kingdom of God within you until you are born again.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Jesus said "Truly, Truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God...Truly, Truly I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again." John 3:3, 5-7
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

"...I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which also ye are saved,... For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures: and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to Scriptures." I Cr 15:1-4

"That if thou shalt confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and shall believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness with the mouth confession is made unto salvation... Whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:9-10, 13

"If we confess our sins, He (Jesus) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9)

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; which He shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior. That being justified by His grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life." Titus 3:5-7

>>>> you reject the apostle Paul and all of His writings applicable to the Church

SIA: As you have admitted yourself, Paul's message is "different" than Jesus'. You say it's because it's a different dispensation. I don't see any divisions like that in the Bible anywhere.

TDM: Yes they are different because Jesus preached under the Law to the Jews and prior to His death and resurrection. They still had to keep the Law but salvation came through their faith in Him as their Messiah. Some believed and were saved but Israel as a nation rejected Him. Paul was the apostle chosen by Jesus to take His saving Gospel to the Gentiles and the rest of the world when the Age changed from the Law to Grace. Forgiveness of sin no longer came through the sacrifice of animals because Jesus became the final sacrifice for all sin. Salvation came through faith in Him as the promised Messiah or Savior, who reconciled man with God by washing away their sins through the shedding of His blood on their behalf. The sacrifice of faith is what God requires now, not blood sacrifice for the remission of sin.

>>> and you never agree with a born again believer about anything

SIA: A lie that Cheri keeps repeating as well. But then again, she sees and remembers what she chooses as well.

TDM: Just by what you have said here shows you do not agree with the tenets of Biblical Christianity.

>>> Something is not right.

SIA: You're right. Something isn't right.

TDM: I agree!

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:50:15 PM PDT
ajqueen says:
Wow, I didnt see this the thread had filled up so quickly!

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 6:53:06 PM PDT
ajqueen says:
Cheri says:
Hey, AJ, good to see you here tonight.

ajq: hey Cheri, always good to hear from you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 6:57:04 PM PDT
OSAS says:
I think we used up 10,000 posts in less than 30 days!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:04:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 7:04:46 PM PDT
ajqueen says:
T. D. Mills says:
I think we used up 10,000 posts in less than 30 days!

ajq: wow, guess I wasnt paying close enough attention. It seems like things just took off quick. Good to be here again! As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:06:16 PM PDT
OSAS says:
Don't know if you saw my post to you on the other thread AJ, that I started another discussion titled " If you died today are you ready to face eternity?" It has a whole host of different unbelievers on it. I hope you will drop in and post there too, when you can.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:06:26 PM PDT
ajqueen says:
It amazes me folks want to argue that God created evil, but then they refuse to add He desires us to have nothing to do with it. Why do they wanna leave that part out? Nor do they wanna mention that He swore in His wrath that they will never enter into His Rest!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:06:46 PM PDT
OSAS says:
Amen, mine too! Praise God.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:07:36 PM PDT
ajqueen says:
T. D. Mills says:
Don't know if you saw my post to you on the other thread AJ, that I started another discussion titled " If you died today are you ready to face eternity?" It has a whole host of different unbelievers on it. I hope you will drop in and post there too, when you can.

ajq: ok, I certainly will!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:19:18 PM PDT
OSAS says:
They want to make God into the image they perceive Him to be. If they believe He created evil then how can He fault them for partaking in it? They overlook the Scriptures that say the opposite.

"Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the LORD [are] on the righteous, And His ears [are open] to their prayers; But the face of the LORD [is] against those who do evil." [I Peter 3:11-12]

"Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone." James 1:13

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:28:24 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Me either, I was posting and hit send and that was it, lol. I think that yiu, Tonya p, had the last post.

What a day, so very hot here and had to leave for two showings but that's a good thing! I think Rosie and I had heat exhaustion, but already have a showing for tomorrow. I think that tomorrow I'll sit in the car and turn the air conditioner up! I wonder if my wireless will go out that far. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:30:14 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Like the old days, right? Well, today wasn't the best but God's message gets out. This is what's important, and I know His word doesn't
return void. I've was very surprised at a couple of the posts. It was finally said in black and white. Made me sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:30:56 PM PDT
Tinker says:
What surprised me is to think Jesus has no place in this world today.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:31:50 PM PDT
OSAS says:
It is hot and humid here too; I didn't go outside today at all. I need to weed my flowerbeds. I can handle the heat but not the humidity. I am glad to hear you are having so much interest in your house, hopefully it will sell quickly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:35:32 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 14, 2012 10:43:52 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:36:06 PM PDT
OSAS says:
Me too Cheri and it is getting worse and worse. I can't believe all the heresy and apostate churches turning up. But this is what was prophesied for the last days. It just seems like things are really coming to a head quickly to me. The battle of Psalms 83 and Isaiah 17 could occur any time and I think Jesus will remove the Church shortly before or after they occur. We need to keep looking up because our redemption draweth nigh...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:36:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 8:14:31 PM PDT
Gershom says:
Genesis 12:3 He would be a descendant of Abraham - fulfilled in Matthew 1:1
Like how many millions of other native Israelis...? i.e. Not any sort of legitimate "prophecy" OR "fulfillment".

Genesis 49:10 He would be from the tribe of Judah = fulfilled in Luke 3:33
Like how many other hundreds of thousands...? also neither "prophecy" nor "fulfillment".

Jeremiah 31:15 King Herod would order the killing of all infants - fulfilled in Matt 2:16-18
Jeremiah 31:15. "So says the L-rd: Refrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for there is reward for your work, says the L-rd, and they shall come back from the land of the enemy."
What "fulfillment"...? Are you actually referring to verse 14...? (not that you're the one who put this bogus list together...) There's no mention of Herod. No mention of killing of infants... Rachel weeping for her children... What does the context (and the Hebrew) there say that means...?

Isaiah 35:5-6 He would perform miracles - fulfilled in Matthew 9:35
Who...? G-d...? Like it says...? If you read the whole prophecy, you discover what it's actually talking about. Not about the specific performance of miracles, but rather, the state of affairs and people's existence at the time...

This entire list was put together by someone other than you... It gives completely false impressions. The "he"'s ("he would" etc.) in the list are all meant to refer to Yeshu, yet when consulting the verses listed, those "he"'s do not correspond with the actor (when there IS one...) in the actual "prophetic" verses listed... That makes that entire mish-mash an attempt at deception and a more than shoddy attempt to "show" that Yeshu "fulfilled" "prophecies", a number of which aren't even prophecies in the first place. The "list" is "padding" the prophecies in an attempt to make this look like more than what's actually there...

What does it say about the integrity and honesty of the person who compiled this list and of those who don't bother to go through and verify all of it, but just accept the list at its lying, deceptive face value, and subsequently try to push it off on others as some sort of representation of "truth" and "messianic fulfillment of prophecy"...?

You really should either throw that piece of trash in the garbage where it belongs, or fix it before you try to push it off on others any more...

Gershom

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:36:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 7:39:42 PM PDT
OSAS says:
Hi SIA, welcome back. I said that before I saw you weren't going to stay so goodby.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:39:02 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 14, 2012 10:43:53 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 7:40:10 PM PDT
OSAS says:
That's fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 8:47:52 PM PDT
ajqueen says:
Amen Tonya! Yet I dont hear them speaking on these matters that God makes clear.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 8:48:38 PM PDT
ajqueen says:
Oh I hope so!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  56
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jun 11, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions