Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Why Do Christians Bring up The Same Tired Arguments Refuted Long Ago?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2015 8:01:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2015 8:02:36 PM PDT
Ard Fhaidh says:
LOLZ

No doubt your local Orthodox rabbi will agree. You should ask him though, just to be sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2015 7:57:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2015 8:03:09 PM PDT
J. Green says:
Midrash is taking OT stories and retelling as NT stories

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2015 7:46:00 PM PDT
Ard Fhaidh says:
So then you do not know what midrash is. Not many people do. Perhaps you should look it up. You could look up Dunning-Kruger Effect too while you are at it.

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 4:17:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 29, 2015 1:30:35 PM PDT
J. Green says:
A.C.Bradley thinks he is the MIDNIGHT RAMBLER.
Scoots in and makes one of his brilliant observations and then vanishes like the rambler....leaves scoot marks on the forum.
What a wanker.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 5:57:44 AM PDT
J. Green says:
Ard Fhaidh says:
Mathew 15:1-4, yes that is one of Jesus' midrashic discourses with the Pharisees. I take it you are ill acquainted with midrashic discourse. Did you use a commentary to aid your study of Deuteronomy and Matthew? If so, which commentary?
------------------------
My commentary.

I read the bible cover to cover plus the NT three times.
The whole NT is midrash.Jesus never actually existed but......

This jesus DEFENDED the LAW.
All of it.
Including kill your own children.

I take it you are ill acquainted with christian logic.
You can't have it two ways.
Christians like sad sack Bradbury cherry pick and block out verses and parts of verses.

In this story in Mathew the Pharisees chastise jesus for not following "tradition".
A TRADITION that spells basic hygiene.
Of course pretend jesus knows NOTHING of germ theory.

Jesus calls the Pharisees HYPOCRITES because they don't follow the LAW including "KILLING YOUR OWN CHILDREN"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 4:01:20 AM PDT
Ard Fhaidh says:
Mathew 15:1-4, yes that is one of Jesus' midrashic discourses with the Pharisees. I take it you are ill acquainted with midrashic discourse. Did you use a commentary to aid your study of Deuteronomy and Matthew? If so, which commentary?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 3:54:19 AM PDT
Ard Fhaidh says:
A. J. Bradbury says: "I'm quite happy, for example, to accept as more or less accurate many of the descriptions put up by Dennett, Atkins, Harris, Dawkins, etc. But can they EXPLAIN all that they claim they can explain? Not, IMO, in a thousand months of Sundays. "

Ard Fhaidh:
Attorney Hugh Hewitt conducted an interview of Dawkins. One can find it at: www.hughhewitt.com/hugh-interviews-atheist-richard-dawkins/

Dawkin's answers to questions regarding evolution during the Cambrian Period in my view in this regard.

I also find this portion to be telling:

HH: Did you ever believe in God, Richard Dawkins?

RD: Of course, I was a child.

HH: And when did you put off your foolish belief in God?

RD: When did I put away childish things?

HH: Yes.

RD: At the age of about fifteen.

HH: And under who's influence was it?

RD: I suppose it was the influence, not of Darwin directly, but of the education in evolution that I was receiving.

HH: And did you just up and one day declare that's it, no God?

RD: No, it was a more gradual process than that, as it was with Darwin himself. I mean, he gradually lost his faith.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 8:14:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2015 8:16:56 PM PDT
J. Green says:
Deuteronomy 21:18-21. Mathew15:1-4
I don't know Torah
Jesus is not in it

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 6:17:56 PM PDT
Ard Fhaidh says:
Hello Mr. Bradbury and thanks for the reply.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 6:05:20 PM PDT
Ard Fhaidh says:
Must say I enjoyed your brief Amazon biography Mr. Green.

Can you provide the Torah citation, along with your NT reference? I might like to explore with your understanding of the historical context of the Law of Moses. Some of Jesus citations of Torah in NT are midrashic. We might be able to discuss those too.

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 1:54:53 PM PDT
J. Green says:
Bradbury.....where did you go after the last time I ran you off...read a book or write another worthless one?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 1:51:10 PM PDT
J. Green says:
bradbury.....Wrong again. The sheer consistency of something as vast and complex as our universe is a very strong argument for the existence of intelligence guiding the whole project.
----------------------------------
No it is proof that your god does not exist....
Now we both know that you have zero proof of your god.....you are the consistent one...always making statements as if they were true

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 1:48:53 PM PDT
J. Green says:
Bradbury....you have three gods...I get my numbers from your bible....is the bible in error?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 1:47:25 PM PDT
J. Green says:
bradbury..... In fact one could say it's basic concepts positively DEMAND the existence of God.
---------------------------------------------
Already setting up for your lies.

Even I don't claim no god exists...because I can't know that......

What I do know is that your god does not exist.....why don't you tell us about your god...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 1:44:22 PM PDT
J. Green says:
Bradbury....proving your god does not exist is easy....

If you would just not run away we could discuss this.

You have run away from me several times before....

well let us do it again.....tell us about your god

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 1:42:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2015 1:51:45 PM PDT
J. Green says:
Bradbury.....
what is the miracle that so impressed the Sanhedrin that they were afraid to persecute Peter

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 1:41:00 PM PDT
J. Green says:
Bradbury......
Would you care to share the mathematical formula that allegedly supports that finding?
---------------------------------------
0=0

Posted on Sep 27, 2015 1:20:52 PM PDT
Mickey says:
If there is a God, why doesn't he just tell us he exists and what he wants? Christianity always comes to me from human beings - as does atheism, Islam, Judaism, etc. Do you see the problem?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 12:55:01 PM PDT
Joe W says:
"Note: "Evolution" originally just meant "change". In that sense "evolution" is constantly going on all around us. But that didn't satisfy Darwin or his successors. Indeed, a growing number of scientists (from a variety of sciences) are now admitting that one of the primary ambitions of scientists is to prove that there is no God."

It is a constant source of amusement that believers such as yourself, try to claim that views that do not conform to your religious stuff are all about disproving your religious stuff. You try to make it all about you, where, in reality, your discomfort is just some tertiary effect.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 12:44:35 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 12:15:46 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 11:57:09 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 11:48:29 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 11:41:05 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2015 7:40:25 AM PDT
J. Green says:
bertos.....The magnitude of this impossibility may be appreciated by realizing that ten billion vigintillion is one followed by 75 zeros.
----------------------
Christians quoting math makes me laugh.
These are the same people that don't understand arithmetic..
Ask ANY christian to count their gods......I get THREE they get one.....

So lets use basic math to look at this 75 zeros......

Is there evidence life exists ????
YES....YES THERE IS......
So how life came about can now be explored....and MAYBE the 75 zeros is legit.....however my experience is that they pull these numbers out of their butts.....

NOW...is there any evidence god exists......NO....NO THERE IS NOT.....probability = ZERO
This is infinitely LESS then 75 zeros
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 390 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1197 12 days ago
Mary was not sinless. 6923 1 minute ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop, Part the Twelfth 437 1 minute ago
If a man dies will he live again? Or, is physical death the end? 1061 3 minutes ago
This is why atheism is growing throughout the world... 154 4 minutes ago
Jesus never "died for our sins" 3458 11 minutes ago
Christianity described as a 'profitable fable' by an early pope. 144 15 minutes ago
Interesting Comments by Posters 257 29 minutes ago
The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints is Christian. 7669 43 minutes ago
Judas was only a cover for JAMES THE JUST(video and interview by Sahansdal) 16 48 minutes ago
The Historical Jesus 8651 52 minutes ago
Part 3- the somewhat newer thread 375 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  339
Total posts:  9737
Initial post:  Dec 1, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 30, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 16 customers

Search Customer Discussions