Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. He rose from the Dead and is Alive.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2476-2490 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 2:13:41 PM PDT
BN,

You are completely irrational and inconsistent. Why should ANYONE read a word you write?
You responded to my post with a sentence fragment. Sentence fragments cannot explain
anything, much less Holy Scripture.

Please, explain to me why you accept the definitions given by Vines, yet teach that we are
only to accept the definitions given by God in Holy Scripture. Is Vines "Holy Scripture" in
your mind? If it is, then you yourself do not do what you expect others to do. That would
make you into a hypocrite. You don't wish to be a hypocrite, do you? Either reject all books
but the Bible as sources of truth, or stop demanding that everyone accept your "Sola Scriptura"
dogma.

Again, PLEASE be rational and consistent.

a servant of Christ Jesus,

Donald Lee McDaniel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 3:10:13 PM PDT
Defining a single word is not doctrine, it is a simple definition.
Please cease from judging others who belong to the Lord Jesus Christ.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 3:37:45 PM PDT
BN,

You are a strange one. Just like you [hopefully], I am not judging you,
but only your words, which I am required to do by the Holy Spirit. Just
remember that you and your friends are not the ONLY ones who "belong
to the Lord Jesus Christ". Since ALL men were created by God, ALL men
everywhere belong to Him.

Please, be consistent in your doctrine, friend.

Donald Lee McDaniel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 4:33:43 PM PDT
Defining New Testament Greek WORDS is not doctrine, it helps to understand the true meanings the writers used those words...for.

I am so glad I know how much the Lord loves me, because your statements to anyone who doesn't are cruel, and condescending.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 4:47:13 PM PDT
J. Green says:
mrs exp says:
J Green,
This is about murder. If the child is aborted but alive no mischief. But if the child is dead it is murder and there is a penalty.
-------------------------------------------------------
And where does it say what THAT penalty is.
Saying it is murder is a lie.
If it was murder than there would be no need for a separate section on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 4:51:29 PM PDT
J. Green says:
Sarah says:
You misunderstood the idiom. It is not about Adam "getting" a soul and about Eve, Cain, Abel, Seth, and all the living beings on Earth other than Adam not getting souls. But I think I see why you made that mistake
----------------
NO.
I did not make a mistake.
The animals before Adam were ALIVE as well.
They did not become living SOULS and neither did EVE or any women.
It is a MALE developed religion.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 7:28:49 PM PDT
BN,

Please explain how my statements are, as you call them "cruel and condescending".
I was not trying to be either cruel or condescending when I wrote. I was simply
reasoning with you.

But from what I have read of your writing, it's all about YOU.

I am sorry for that, but I am what and who I am. I cannot live my life according
to what others think about me. I must live it according to the way God thinks about
me, just as you must.

Anyway, please explain how my statements are "cruel". Then explain how they are
"condescending". Only then will I be able to understand just what you are saying to
me.

All I am asking for is a reasonable and rational conversation. If I am reasonable, and others are
not, how can we have a conversation at all? If you wish to not read my posts, then put me on
ignore. You have that right at any time.

But I do love you in Christ Jesus, whether you love me the same way or not. You have the ability to
disobey Christ, I suppose. I also do. But I choose not to use this ability, and instead, choose to obey
Him, and continue writing for the sake of others.

Additionally, Paul teaches us to stop arguing over the meanings of words, since such argument leads
only to schism and evil actions.

A question for you: are you also glad that the Lord loves me as much as he loves you? The AMOUNT
of his love is irrelevant, but the QUALITY of his love isn't.

If my words make you angry, resentful, or any other negative emotion, it is on you, for failing to perceive me in
Christ, since you choose to misunderstand just what I am writing. I've tried my best to be as clear as possible in what I teach,
but I sometimes miss the mark, like all human beings. All I can do is choose my words more carefully. But I am NOT a
perfect man, able to keep my entire body in check all the time.

So please forgive me for what you consider cruelty and condescension. And pray for me, that God would increase the wisdom
He has given me. I am not trying to be cruel. I AM attempting to be reasonable and rational. But the Proverbs tell us that
the fool, when he speaks with a wise man, either rages, or laughs. I have yet to rage against you, or laugh at your words,
so I wouldn't call myself a fool. Instead, I've attempted to correct what I believe are errors, whether from Christians, or
non-Christians.

But I am not the one who justifies myself. And you are not the one who justifies him/herself. We know who the Justifier
is, and it is NOT a human being. Only God can justify us, my friend.

Donald Lee McDaniel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 7:34:55 PM PDT
J. Green,

Contrary to what you say, Holy Scripture DOES tell us [literally] that Adam
"BECAME" a living soul when the breath of life entered his lungs.

Neither we nor the lower animals "became living souls" until the breath of life
entered our lungs. How could an animal be "living" if it does not first breathe?

Donald Lee McDaniel

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 6:34:23 PM PDT
J. Green says:
Donald L. Mcdaniel says:
J. Green,

Contrary to what you say, Holy Scripture DOES tell us [literally] that Adam
"BECAME" a living soul when the breath of life entered his lungs
----------------------------------------------------

Where did I say this.

I said life begins with the first breath according to the bible.

Posted on Aug 10, 2012 6:54:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 6:54:54 PM PDT
Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. He rose from the Dead and is Alive.

I think this Jesus character (if he actually even really existed) is much, much, much more dead than alive. I should think that this whole devotion of one's life or even a part of it to this long dead Middle Eastern fellow is rather morbid thinking and hero worship all wrapped up in one big lie that reeks of myth from a mile away.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 7:21:24 PM PDT
I think he's completely dead, and therefore the best thing to do is go through his pockets and look for loose change.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012 8:23:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 10, 2012 8:25:37 PM PDT
Nearenough says:
N: Midrash. Midrash is the word describing the technique of endless poring and combing through every word, phrase, hint and suggestion, from the Old Testament which might possibly be applied to the New Testament.

It is a silly hobby which preoccupies the religious fanatics who can't provide humanity any useful or truly enlightening thing, but only engage in self-satisfying daydreaming which support their fantasies.

Now where did I leave my ham and cheese sandwich?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 5:14:13 AM PDT
Kevin Bold says:
Todd M. Pence says: Every single one of the so-called "prophecies" you are referring to has been debunked.

No, they haven't.

Atheism is what's been "debunked."

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012 1:14:27 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
J Green,
I disagree. The Bible makes general statements and then gives examples from real life to make them more understandable.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 4:27:38 PM PDT
>No, they haven't.

>Atheism is what's been "debunked."

Here's a vid of Kevin Bold making that last post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy-wisdvW9A

You are cute, Kevin, but it's bedtime now. Time to let the grown-ups use the computer.
‹ Previous 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1052 6 days ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop. Part the Eleventh 7393 23 seconds ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion Part XXXV 6168 14 minutes ago
What do "born agains" actually believe about Jesus? I am confused. Want to discuss. 8490 19 minutes ago
Seventy weeks of Daniel 11 20 minutes ago
The Christ Myth: is it possible Jesus never existed? 584 24 minutes ago
Harvard University test results show that homosexuality is indeed caused by parental neglect --that is from Harvard mind you! 2981 35 minutes ago
Jesus never "died for our sins" 1585 37 minutes ago
If the early church adopted pagan things... 169 1 hour ago
Eternal life is obtained through faith in the atonement Jesus made. 4833 1 hour ago
Jesus' wife?-nope it's a forgery 130 1 hour ago
moment-of-broken-ness, part 2 9575 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  2490
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions