Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Moment-of-Broken-ness Testimonies

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3601-3625 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 8:22:15 AM PDT
Cheri, so glad you are back and doing better and able to play with those children. God blessed you--again. Love, J

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 7:27:49 PM PDT
Tinker says:
I just looked it up. Amazing, they made it to 30 weeks gestation, which is great for sextuplets. These parents will need lots of help.

Posted on Apr 27, 2012 7:44:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 28, 2012 10:34:34 AM PDT
Tinker says:
I read something today that talked about the seed of Abel, who was good and moral, and the seed of Cain, who murdered his brother. It makes me think about the possibility of those descendants from Cain possibly being more prone to evil.

Of course, we each have our own choice to make. Just something that got me to thinking. What do all of you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 5:23:32 AM PDT
It will be tough, but it goes by so quickly. (I remember thinking that the nine months was such a long time to wait for my first baby...that was a swift fifty years ago.)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 10:31:00 AM PDT
Tinker says:
My first was 41 years ago. I look back and I wonder how those first weeks ever went by, morning sickness was so bad. However I loved being pregnant, loved the labor and delivery, yes it hurt, but I was the first one at that hospital to have a natural delivery. She was out in 3 pushes, so tiny at 5 1/2 lbs, but such love she brought me.

I do remember when my mom went home after that first week or so, thinking I am responsible if this little baby lives or dies. I sat and cried, but we seem to learn as we go, mistakes and all. By the second one, I seemed to have figured out most of what to do. :)

Children really are a gift from God and grandchildren a special gift.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 11:08:20 AM PDT
B. and Cheri, I remember my first born, a daughter, who really was kind of ugly. She had red splotches like strawberries on her eyelids and was scrawny and bawling. I decided to love her anyway. Strangely, like the ugly duckling, she turned out to be beautiful. A nice surprise. I've had three children now and four grandchildren and am yet to see a single baby born. Love all of you, praying for you. Glad you are up and going and blessing again, Cheri. Janice

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2012 11:25:45 AM PDT
I have had the opportunity to be with my two daughters when their children were born. Five of the six of the babies, anyway.
I also have two great grandchildren, and the second one I watched recently as he came into the world. Pretty wonderful.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 9:42:01 PM PDT
Tinker says:
My two grandchildren are adopted so I never had the opportunity to watch them born. My daughter wasn't able to see them born either. The first one, the mother decided at the last minute they couldn't come in and changed her mind about the adoption. Praise God, she did let them adopt her about two weeks later.

Both are miracles.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 9:42:59 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Psa 142:1 A psalm [fn] of David, regarding his experience in the cave. A prayer. I cry out to the LORD; I plead for the LORD's mercy.

Psa 142:2 I pour out my complaints before him and tell him all my troubles.

Psa 142:3 When I am overwhelmed, you alone know the way I should turn. Wherever I go, my enemies have set traps for me.

Psa 142:4 I look for someone to come and help me, but no one gives me a passing thought! No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me.

Psa 142:5 Then I pray to you, O LORD. I say, "You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life.

Psa 142:6 Hear my cry, for I am very low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.

Psa 142:7 Bring me out of prison so I can thank you. The godly will crowd around me, for you are good to me."

I'm so thankful we have this group where we can lift each other up no matter what the circumstances.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 6:10:12 PM PDT
Tinker says:
I have my hip xrays tomorrow, I am so thankful for the neighbor God has given me as a friend these last few months. She is going to take me to the dentist and also to have my eyes checked so I can get things checked off my list. I really need to use the coverage I have now and not wait. I will really miss her when I move. So many years we just didn't get to know each other as she wouldn't come over when he was here, as many other neighbors woudn't either.

That was then, though and now is here and I thank God each day for my friend.

I am also praying they will find out why my hip won't stay in place and why the pain. I think when I fell a couple of years ago, it just simply messed it up.

I hope everyone is doing all right. When things are quiet here, I get worried some of you are having some bad times and not enough time to post here. I understand this completely. I am praying for each of you, those who post and those who just read the posts and 'visit' - may God richly bless each of you.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 7:55:49 AM PDT
Hey, sweet Cheri. I'm fine! My husband is fine! God's healing power is amazing. Sorry I deserted you here; yesterday, I had to go into town for my annual mammo--takes a long time since I live waaaay out. Also, just enjoying having my middle daughter here with us. What a joy she is! God has blessed us in so many ways; like you, with your helpful neighbor. I'm praying about your hip right now, praying specifically that you wan't have a fracture or something. But God knows what He's doing and that may involve his plans for your life. I love you, my sister. Thanks for your healing prayers for me and my husband. Love, J p.s. Love to all here.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 7:57:21 AM PDT
Cheri, thanks for posting these verses from Psalms. Yes, what comfort and reassurance that God is always there. Great reminder!

Posted on May 1, 2012 10:58:52 AM PDT
Ryan Willis says:
Glad to see everyone is doing well here! God is good to all our physical ailments :)

Tonight is going to be interesting for me as every Tuesday at my church's bible school we always have someone do a devotion that's about 5 mins long and tonight I'm up and I'm only a little nervous because this time I'm taking my first ever crack at doing a "The Father's Heart" message. So this ought to be interesting how it'll turn out and trying to make mine personal and unique from the generic messages out there on the same subject.

I hope your hip xrays go well, Cheri! I know my mother had a hip replacement almost 2 months ago and is doing well now so I kind of understand the kind of trouble it can be when hip issues start coming up.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 12:23:48 PM PDT
Ryan, I'm praying for your devotion tonight, that the Holy Spirit will bless and fill you and provide the audience who most needs to hear "The Father's Heart." thank you so much for sharing this with us. Love, Janice

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 12:25:50 PM PDT
One more thing, Ryan: If you don't mind share your devotion with us. I mean, if it's composed on computer where you can cut and paste. Your title has me interested. A good sign, because I'm gorged out on "generic messages out there on the subject" too. J

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 7:11:39 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Ryan, I pray your devotional went well tonight. I have found that the one teaching or sharing always grows and learns more than those who are listening. I'm sure God used you to bless many people tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 7:29:51 PM PDT
Tinker says:
I'm so glad to hear you both are healing! I know you are so thankful to finally find out what has been wrong with Seward and to know he will heal and though the road is still long, he will be back to his old self. God was so good to allow his tumor to be found and removed.

I had the x-rays. I always wonder why the table has to be so hard and unforgiving to my bones. Then, they want you to twist into positions my body rebels against just so they can say, "Don't breathe...". I should find out the results tomorrow, it might just be arthritis or something else.

I fell so hard a couple of years ago and it was a miracle I didn't break my hip then but it might just have caused something to ache now. Hopefully, the doc will call tomorrow and let me know.

Me neighbor took me by the store and I even picked up a few flowers to put by the front. I used to plant a huge garden and had flowers everywhere. In heaven, I can't wait to see all the different types of flowers and I'm sure the colors will be mind boggling.

A good day in all, but so tired :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 8:26:25 PM PDT
Ryan Willis says:
I had to keep it within a 5 minute time frame so it's a very rough draft and not very detailed. I don't do computer copies usually. Despite being very young I still prefer hard copies of files like books and prefer reading and writing Scripture by hand rather than electronically.

In short I wanted to present the heart of the Father, something that is very personal to me because my salvation experience was based on a real tangible encounter with the Father's love. I made 3 short illustrations of the Father's heart and character but I didn't use the generic stuff like the Exodus reference.

My points were: The Father's heart is evident in the natural world as Paul said in Romans 1:20 and this in agreement with the same illustration Jesus used in Matthew 6:26 to explain the nature of the Father evidenced in the natural world. My second point was the Father's heart in relation to Israel and although I could have used a number of verses I had little time so I went with the first half of Ezekiel 16 which gives a graphic description of how the Father viewed His relationship to Israel and His faithfulness to her is a testimony of His heart for all humanity. I had added Psalm 68:5-6 to this point to show how David, an Israelite, understand the same thing about the Father heart of God. And my final point was based off of Proverbs 18:21 which talks about the fruit of the tongue, of one's words, and correlating this with what Jesus said how our words reflect what's in the heart and so I made an interesting connection I have not ever heard preached and that is based off of Proverbs 18:21 if we understand the words reflect what's in the heart than how great is Christ, the Word of God made flesh, whom in every way testified and bore witness of what was in the Father's heart since He was the Word that went forth from the Father and the fruit of His words is life. Proof of this understanding I found in Christ's words in John 12:49-50 and John 15:3 combined with Proverbs 18:21. I know some people understand that Jesus was indeed the ultimate manifestation of the Father's heart but a light bulb went on for me when making the connection between Proverbs and the things Jesus said about words showing what's in the heart and how His words bring the fruit of life.

Someday I would much rather expand it but for a rough draft and my first time doing such a message my senior pastor, who was the one who heard since his class is first every Tuesday, did give very good positive feedback for being very Scriptural in explaining my points and articulating my words well to keep my short time full of content with a message to give rather than just some devotional that might instead have little meaning put into it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2012 10:00:50 PM PDT
Tinker says:
You did a great job, Ryan. I love the verses and how you pulled them together about the heart of the Father.

You have a thirst for God's word and a hunger for what He wants to teach you. Age doesn't matter, going forward in His footsteps does.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 9:02:49 AM PDT
Ryan, I'm a writer too who prefers writing pen to paper, especially on first draft. It's as if my thoughts have to come by way of my fingers, with no distractions from tapping keyboard keys.

I am sincerely moved by your devotional on the Father's heart, especially your pulling together John 12 and 15 with proverbs 18. You say you are very young but the Holy Spirit is evident in your understanding of words showing what's in the heart and "how His words bring the fruit of life."

Thanks you so much for sharing this with us. What a fresh approach to revealing these Words! Happy this experience went well for you and I pray God will open new paths for your sharing of the Word. Love, J

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 9:07:25 AM PDT
Cheri, good. Let us know the xray results when you get them. Happy feeling about the flowers and the neighbor. Cheri, I am truly beginning to sum up what God had in store for me and Seward and all the changes in lifestyle we've experienced. We are closer than we've ever been and closer to God--understanding that we are completely under his control. We pray whole-heartedly now. We've grown closer to our middle daughter and son too. Our older daughter is still far from us but we trust God to bring her back or give us peace about her chosen distance. Praying for you, my sister. I think about what DocBic said about God refining you into a saint. That's how I feel. Love, J

Posted on May 2, 2012 4:48:24 PM PDT
Tinker says:
VIETNAM: New Believers Expelled from Villages

According to VOM contacts, several Hmong families have been forced to leave their villages in northern Vietnam after coming to faith in Jesus. There are no Christians living in these villages because converts to Christianity are immediately expelled.

In one northern province, 13 individuals from three families converted to Christianity after experiencing miracles through the prayers of a Hmong Christian. Family members who had suffered from physical and mental illnesses were healed of their infirmities after the Christian prayed for them. But after converting to Christianity, the families were no longer welcome in their village.

In another northern province, a village leader forced a Christian family of eight to leave their home. The family now has no land to farm, and they are struggling to make a living. This family of new believers also came to Christ through the witness of a Hmong Christian.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 4:48:53 PM PDT
Tinker says:
No news yet, guess that means good news. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 6:43:37 AM PDT
Thanks for posting this, Cheri. I'm praying right now for them and you.

I'm reading Acts right now, following Paul on his journeys to spread the gospel. If he could overcome all those physical obstacles to get the Word out, we should have no trouble doing it, given all our modern conveniences and technology. I pray that this forum will be such a tool. And that we'll continue to offer welcome and love as we do. Love, J

Posted on May 6, 2012 7:11:39 AM PDT
Happy Sunday, everybody. The weather is mild and breezy here in S. Georgia, this morning. Another great day for giving thanks to our Lord and Savior. My husband is still in the hospital for an infection, following brain surgery. But he is doing well--very well. Again, I praise Jesus for staying close through his Holy Spirit, for providing us with joy and peace. I'm praying for all of you right now and for this outreach in the form of an internet forum. I love it here. I love all of you. Janice
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 12, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions