Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Mary was sinless -- so get over it. (Part II)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3951-3975 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:26:08 PM PDT
It's "you're".

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:29:15 PM PDT
Theresa says:
Thanks for the catch. (edited)

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:29:16 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
You can claim that until you are blue in the face. As long as you say "Mary is the mother of God," who was born without sin, and as long as you believe that Mary was born without sin, you will continue to elevate Mary to level of deity. When someone places flowers on the grave of a loved one, they aren't kneeling in front of a statue of that person and praying to that dead person.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:30:31 PM PDT
Raulito says:
Karen,

"She claimed that all generations would call her blessed because she was given the gift of being the mother of God's Son..."

Scripture does not say this. Scripture gives the real reason why Mary would be called blessed by all generations "..blessed are you for believing that what the Lord had spoken would be fulfilled.." Luke 1:45.

Not because she gave birth to Jesus. But because of her faith and obedience to the Lord, who was already in her womb.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:30:39 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
Praise be to God...

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:33:30 PM PDT
Raulito says:
Karen,

"When someone places flowers on the grave of a loved one, they aren't kneeling in front of a statue of that person and praying to that dead person..."

They are kneeling in front of a picture (idol) of the deceased which was placed in the tombstone. I have seen this many times, by good Protestants who are doing the same thing the Catholics do.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:36:36 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
She did not say "All generations shall call me blessed because I believed what the Lord said." She was His humble servant, and did not boast or brag. She did know that she would be blessed among women because she was chosen to be the mother of His Son.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:43:28 PM PDT
Raulito says:
Karen,

"She did not say "..all generations shall call me blessed because I believed what the Lord said.."

Luke 1:45, just three verses before clarify this "..Blessed are you for believing that what the Lord had spoke would be fulfilled.."

"She did know that she would be blessed among women because she was chosen to be the mother of his Son"

Yes, and Luke 1:45 clarifies what is the true nature of her blessings. Not merely because she gave birth to Jesus, which is already a blessing, but because of her faith and obedience.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:48:11 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
Wow! I have NEVER seen anyone do this. They KNEEL in front of a picture of the dead person? What are they doing when they do this? I can tell you, this is new to me. Wow. What do they think happens when they kneel in front of the picture?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 10:50:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 10:53:19 PM PDT
Raulito says:
Karen,

"They kneel in front of a picture of the dead person?

The family places a photo of their loved ones within the tombstone, then the family goes and places flowers over the tombstone. Any silly person would think they worship the idol, in the same way silly persons assume the Catholics worship statues of Mary when they place flowers next to her, as in Catholic weddings.

Protestants and Catholics do funny things. When Protestants go to the cemetery and place flowers over the tombstones and photos of their loved ones, it appears as if they worship their idols. But if Catholics go to a church and place flowers in front of a statue of Mary, they are accused of worshipping the statue. LoL.

Get what I'm saying?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 11:00:15 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
You didn't read far enough. She says, right there a few verses past that which you cited. Right there...She glorifies God for doing great things to her.

Luke 1:48,49 48for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, 49for the Mighty One has done great things for me- holy is his name.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 11:04:35 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
Actually, people probably put photos there so that others can put a face to the name on the stone. I don't believe it has anything to do with praying to them. I'm still stuck on the people kneeling in front of their loved one headstone. I am not sure WHY they do that.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 11:10:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 11:16:04 PM PDT
Jay Runner says:
Really and truly, the word "created" carries deep meaning.

All mere created living things, such as Mary, have a beginning and have only contingent life, dependent on God for their lives. Every mere human being, like Mary, depends on God for each moment of their existence.

Uncreated God, however, has no beginning, and possesses Self-Suffcient Life in and of His Nature, without dependence on any other.

The human creature, a created living thing, is of lower order than the Creator on Whom all humans depend for life.

"With the whole Church I acknowledge that Mary, being a mere creature fashioned by the hands of God is, compared to his infinite majesty, less than an atom, or rather is simply nothing, since he alone can say, 'I AM He who is'." True Devotion to Mary, Louis de Monfort.

This is what assures God's victory over all history; no mere creature, or even all creatures angelic and human fighting as one, can overcome God -- because God is of a higher order.

I love the way the Septuagint puts it at Exodus 3:14, "I AM THE BEING." I can only conclude that humans ain't.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 11:34:59 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
I don't see anywhere that Jesus, as He was fully God and fully human, was a "human creature, a created living thing" as he walked the earth as a human, but yet was still God. How does the fact that He was also human fit into this?

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 11:59:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 12:16:38 AM PDT
...Hmm...btw, Mr. Wade, you seem so...

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 12:10:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 12:12:27 AM PDT
"St. John Chrysostom defends the perpetual virginity of Mary, and addresses the main arguments against it." --- Raulito

==

Raulito,

Thank you for your sweet efforts, to share the truth, the facts.

Yet, this too, will be disregarded, by those "with an agenda,"
completely disregarded, sadly.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 12:41:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 12:45:22 AM PDT
Saint Karen says:
It is disregarded, not by those "with an agenda," but by those who believe that Mary and Joseph were a normal married couple. who had sex within the boundaries of their marriage, and that the brothers and sisters of Jesus were children of Mary and Joseph. Scripture does not state that Joseph was an older man, widowed with children. It would be expected that they would have children, and they can still serve God and produce children. What is really sad is that there are those who expect that they should get married, love each other and not be able to do what is normal between couples.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 12:56:55 AM PDT
Barbara Lawlor says:
Strange, no matter how we disprove this,
no matter how many times we..... "

No matter how many times, you elevate Pagan Babylonian Mystery Goddess Queen of Heaven....No matter how many times you dismiss the Gospel of Christ...........no matter how many times....you dismiss the ancient Traditions and testimony of the Patristics teaching the Apostolic Teachings....no matter how many times....you cling to the modern inventions of dogma inserted into a "Christian religion" decreed at the Vatican councils by evil, mentally ill, self diefying Heathen braggerts....yea....and you still hold dearly to the "Blasphemies" against Christ and the Father and their Revelations. Strange indeed!

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 1:58:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2012 12:05:42 PM PDT
Karen,

The earliest Reformers, your leaders of late, Luther, Calvin, Zwingli,
ALL had devotions to Mary, ALL accepted her Perpetual Virginity,
ALL believed Jesus was her only Child, ALL held her in very high
esteem.

These teachings began to change, as women and girls were burned as
witches, as Tyndale and Wycliffe crafted their error ridden "translations,"
as Queen Mary I ruled England, then, Elizabeth I as her successor, as the
Pilgrims brought the Geneva Bible [80% Tyndale's words] into the "New
World," only to use it to find more witches.

Sorry, you all have been "sold down the river," taken away from your
legacy, your birthright, taken away from your Holy Mother the Church,
by political charlatans posing as pious men.

Sorry, but your beloved souls have been used as "pawns," by political
hacks, FOR THEIR OWN BEST INTERESTS, not your own.

THIS is what is meant by, "to be deep in history, is to cease to be Protestant!"

How can anyone stand on the unkingly robe of Henry VIII, and claim to be a
member of the "True Church?" How can they?

How can anyone take John Calvin seriously, as he had the police force search
the Genevans' homes for the "proper number of cooking pots and garments?"
How can they?

I say this in all charity, with my heart breaking, for all of you who, sad to say,
"have been duped."

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 3:38:07 AM PDT
Kevin Bold says:
If it weren't for the Catholic Church, Kathy wouldn't even have a Bible to worship in the first place.

And what's this bit about her "father"? Who's the immaculately conceived virgin Kathy has for a mother?

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 3:41:08 AM PDT
Kevin Bold says:
Karen knows she's telling lies, Faith. But she thinks lying about Catholic teachings is acceptable in God's sight.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 3:44:34 AM PDT
Kevin Bold says:
Bruce Wade is one of the biggest name-callers here. If he wants it to stop, then let him start with himself.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 4:44:20 AM PDT
If we have to claim that until we are blue in the face, we will, because it's God's Truth, whether you accept it or not.

The bishops at Ephesus knew Mary was a creature. You seem to think they didn't. You KNOW that by "Mary is the mother of God," they meant "Jesus is God," not "Mary is a goddess," yet you ignore it anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 4:47:18 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 12, 2012 12:16:53 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2012 4:49:17 AM PDT
You are a hypocrite, Karen.

The council that decided "Mary is the Mother of God" is the same council that said "He was fully God and fully human."

What's with the cherrypicking?
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  105
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Apr 23, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions