Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Moment-of-Broken-ness Testimonies

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4801-4825 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 10:19:06 AM PDT
Tinker says:
Thanks! iPad checker strikes again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 10:29:00 AM PDT
I think I told you about the phone text my daughter sent to a woman (client) by the name of Trish...the phone changed it to...Trash.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 10:50:20 AM PDT
Greetings to All in the Name of Jesus: After reading the beautiful posts about everyone weekend I thought I would share one of my short writing with you all. Please remember that these are from years past.Yet I still see the same thing today. Blessings to All.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
THOUGHT"S
Dear Beloved Ones in the Lord, Jesus Christ:
As I have sat here this morning watching our first rain fall, I know that now, Winter is here. I saw all the things of nature in my yard. The wild turkeys were out and the domesticated geese next door, were trying to fly. The horses next door, were galloping up and down in the delight of the rain. On my lawn, were the Robins, Blue Birds and Magpies and just listening to the amazing sounds, surely showed me the Greatness of the Creations of God! The Birds were bathing in little rain puddles and the whole outside was so full of activity.
It reminded my soul, what kind of activity are we doing for our Lord Jesus Christ? Do we run and delight in the things of nature, as do the animals or do we put Him on the shelf for the next time we might find time to call upon Him? How much Praise and Worship was sung out of the mouth of the Kings children this morning? Did we delight in the day and the fresh sweet smell of the rain or did we think, Oh what a messy day this is going to be?
My heart is overflowed with the Great Joy that I find in the Lord and in His Marvelous Creation. Knowing that before He created all these things, He thought of me and called me by name. Oh, How Truly Blessed we really are! We do not have time to bicker about things, only time to sing unto the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. How God delights in the Praises of His people. Because He loved me, I can sit, read, write and feel all that I will allow myself to feel of the Almighty God that we serve. Knowing that we are just in this land for a short space of time and while we are here, we will be strangers and aliens to the way the things of the world are. Things here will shortly change and we will be Home in our Heavenly Mansion with our Beloved Bridegroom, Jesus Christ, waiting to be presented to His Father. He will present us as Pure as white driven snow, to His Father and the Father will say "Welcome Home my children. Welcome home. Please sit down my little ones for I have prepared a place for you, sit down and dine with Me. Did you know My children, that from now on you will be with Me Forever? You may now Rest from your Labor and take Great Joy in My beloved Son, who Choose you out of all the people. He Choose and Called you and Now as His Father, I Welcome you into your Heavenly Home. Your Inheritance is here, waiting for you. I have kept it in a safe place, until you could join Me and become My Heirs, Oh my Dear Children, Welcome Home, Welcome Home."
Soon, my loved ones, we will hear the call of our Bridegroom saying Come Up Hither, I can hardly wait as my spirit fills with the Anticipation, that Soon, I will See my King for the very first time! I will meet my Bridegroom and sit down at the Wedding Supper of the Lamb. Oh, How I thank You Father, Son and Holy Spirit! I desire to come Home! So, Maranatha Dear Jesus and Jesus tells us Surely, I am Coming Quickly. The day draw nigh soon, it will be over. See You In the Air and we will Sing the Beloved Song to the Lamb together! Blessings to all!
Agape
Zelma

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 11:24:17 AM PDT
Tinker says:
I hadn't heard this, but what an amazing story that so much evil can have at least one life saving outcome! What a blessing for this young woman. At times what we see as tragedy, God sees as what is best for us. He can make good out of evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 11:32:34 AM PDT
How true!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 2:19:23 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Oh, no, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 2:39:22 PM PDT
Great technology, and still there are glitches, or...gadgets or...galoshes...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 3:47:03 PM PDT
Tinker says:
I have had some really funny words in my sentences, but luckily I catch most of them.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 3:58:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 4:00:41 PM PDT
Tinker says:
My mom called me this morning, which is unusual. She was very upset and crying and said she has been since my daughter and family were there this past weekend. It seems my granddaughter who is almost 14 had on extremely short shorts and wasn't being careful how she was sitting. My mom felt she was 'enticing' her dad and that he should have said something, or mom should have, and that this might lead to some problems.

I understand that my daughter hasn't taught the girls to dress modestly or how to be a young lady and I understand some of it. Another part of me hears the accusations I heard growing up and the condemnation, even though I know she means well. She would like me to talk to my daughter.

I'm not sure I can. I have tried to tell my daughter I wish she didn't let them wear bikinis and as Christians we have a different code, but she didn't see any problem at that time. I know she won't like me saying anything again but I do understand what my mom means. I'm not sure if the girls being adopted is part of what is worrying my mom.

What would each of you do? I can pray, as my mom is praying, but I do know in our world dress codes are almost non- existent. However, as Christians we aren't to be of this world. I'm really confused about what to do in this. My instinct is to say nothing and hope that when I move there, i will have a time when I can share with the girls how we are to dress modestly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 4:53:36 PM PDT
Tinker says:
What wonderful praise to Jesus! He is the reason I can get up each day and keep going no matter what comes my way. Thanks for this reminder!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:20:18 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Sheri,
This is a beautiful, blessed post; and I like how you immediately passed along your blessings when receiving new ones, rather than hoarding, only to lose it to the moths, mold, mildew and fashion police (I think they are a subunit now under Homeland Security). i^)

BTW: Sheri, Cheri, & Zelma, the Mrs. mailed your books today.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:29:49 PM PDT
My Dearest Cheri:
Your problem with your granddaughters is one that I must pray and seek the Holy Spirit on. I have worried for years about how we dress our little girls.
They cannot find regular clothes. Everything is made to make them look sexual. My Amber is 24 and has to send to France to get her pants so they are ones that come up to her waist rather than below her belly button and ones that are not so tight she cannot breath. Schools have no dress cloth and mothers do not care. Even tho they will claim Christianity their lives are in the things of this world. I remember back in the late 70 when we had to give a lesson on how the women in the church should dress so that they did not entice men to lust after them. Little girls are not taught how to sit properly and how to behave property in the public. old women dress like they are 16 instead of 50.
You are in a pickle, will this alienate your daughter so that she will keep the girls away from you. Will she listen or will she condemn you for being to strict. Is the teen ager aware of what she is doing. Is it out of rebellion? So many questions. We teach them in school that sex is ok and they are brainwashed. I can only pray dearest one. This is so very sad, My love is with you and please give you Mom my love. This hurt her desperately because of her love for Jesus.
Agape
Zelma

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:48:21 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Janice,
Indeed, I do; it began early with my Mother, who suffered with cancer for several years and died before I had 8 years with her. Then, there was my grandmother, aunts, mother-in-law...not to mention uncles, father-in-law, then finally my father. There are all gone now, and I'm hard pressed to think of one that wasn't a Believer...some more dedicated than others, but all Believers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:51:19 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Janice,
I rejected my castor oil only once...that 2nd dose was worse than the first since I already knew what to expect...our doses were measured with tablespoons, not teaspoons...it must've worked as cure, because we seldom let anyone know we weren't feeling well after that first experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:53:46 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Barbara,
I've been down the cod liver oil & milk of magnesia roads as well...ever had your tooth removed with a pair of pliers? A string tied to a doorknob? How did we ever survive the Dark Ages??!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 5:59:07 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Janice,
I'm not sure my aunt knew what a "purgative" was...I think she just felt that the easiest way to get out whatever had entered me was to coat it in castor oil and let it slide...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 6:04:34 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Thanks! I really look forward to moving and getting the book where I can relax and get into it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 6:07:44 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Janice,
you made it to the special treat at the end...bless you...and you were able to be caught up into it...praise God! I was living in Germany when that hit me early in the morning while enjoying that first cup of coffee before heading off to work....caught me totally unprepared...since then though, I now know how to revisit whenever the Holy Spirit leads me back in, and it's so supernaturally natural now. I am so happy for you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 6:13:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 6:22:20 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Zelma,
Wow...this is a beautiful moment of recorded inspiration....this is exactly why Christians should keep a journal....nearby....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 6:39:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 24, 2012 6:43:33 PM PDT
DoC BiC says:
Cheri,
I appreciate that your Mom feels it's your duty to talk to your daughter about her and her daughter. But, your current relationship with her, as you described it before, is not amenable to such an intimate conversation in a congenial climate. I'm concerned that in the midst of your praying, hoping and trying to mend a fence with her, it could result in pulling down the entire fence. I think she is aware of her daughter's behavior and dress, so there very well may be the risk that she has already postured herself for an incoming argument, and by permitting such behavior in front of your mother, she very well may be intentionally setting up a confrontation...possibly to use it to halt you in your ongoing efforts to mend that fence.
Also, nothing would work faster to fix such behavior than if the male it is focused towards overtly rejects it, to her embarrassment....that should have happened, and still should.
Cheri,
Ask God to let you know what He wants you to do, to set the environment for His Will to be done, and for the Holy Spirit to guide you into it, through it, and back out of it...but only at the right time....God's right time. If you do this in faith, then patiently wait on God, you will know when He has moved on this in your favor, and emboldened you with strength and wisdom, in the midst of love, to actually make a positive versus negative difference in their already troubled lives.
Meanwhile, how about trying the loving grandmotherly thing, and sending gifts of clothing, decent summer clothing...with no strings attached in messages for them to reject? Maybe just a simple tongue-in-cheek message: "Thinking about you"
Just a thought from a male viewpoint.

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 9:13:18 PM PDT
Excellent advice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 10:01:25 PM PDT
Very wise, Doc Bic. Cheri, I agree with Doc Bic. Take it from somebody who has been estranged from one of her daughters for six years over a similar blowup. I love you both

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 10:07:59 PM PDT
Doc, long ago I looked up "the third heaven," I believe in the Geneva Bible Study and as I recall that's a symbolically strong reference to the same heaven in other scripture. What can you tell me about that?

Doc, all day I've been so full of the Spirit, warm and filled with joy and peace. I can see the images so strongly in my mind and I find myself eager to go back. Please when you have time, will you suggest other such specific Bible studies? I've always simply read the Bible randomly, or like a book from beginning to end and starting over. Thanks so much. God bless you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 10:09:26 PM PDT
So funny! What I truly hated was the adult trick of spiking the castor oil with orange juice. Hey, and sometimes my mom even heated it up. Don't know why.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2012 10:14:05 PM PDT
Such beautiful imagery. Such honest and loving gratitude. You inspire me more than I can say. Love, Janice
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  87
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 12, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions