Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

How did Mary become the Goddess of Snows Saviour of the Roman people?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-39 of 39 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:22:38 PM PDT
pearls is 100% correct
raulito is wrong
the pope is full of squishy brown stuff

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 8:35:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2012 7:34:35 PM PDT
Pearls, Just as Paul claimned that he too can save some, (1 Corinthians 9:22), all the more the Mother of the Lord, after all, by her yes, came forth OUR salvation, Jesus Christ! After all, we are God's coworkers! (1 Corinthians 3:9, Jude vs. 23, Colossians 1:24). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 9:26:02 PM PDT
raulitos minion weighed in

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 9:51:04 PM PDT
Raulito says:
and,

"the pope is full of squishy brown stuff"

I hope that is nothing you were eating.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 11:56:07 PM PDT
and,
There certainly are some inescapable comprables between the two, sitting upon the seven hilled city-Rome, having her tentacles or tabernacles crossing many seas, it appears her liturgical colors scarlett and purple, known for her Frankinsence, selling the souls of men, Mystery across her forehead, all Mystery religions have the Queen of Heaven goddess, her entire liturgy is a Mystery, Mysterium. I don't know that we're living in the time that He says, "Come out of her My people, lest you be partakers in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues; Revelation 18:4

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 4:30:49 AM PDT
QUESTER says:
Raulito says:
Quester,

"Interesting observation"

Don't be so gullible Quester. Christians were allowed to built their temples for the first time at the arrival of Constantine. But the Christians were all former pagans themselves, and they knew that pagans had turned their gods into idols, and they worshipped them. Worshipping God in the statues was far from Christianity.

So, Pearls his mistaken. The Christians in the 4th century did not envision any form of Christian art and architecture, at least for a while.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Pearl's point wasn't about statuary.

It was about the Catholic "saints".

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 7:00:26 AM PDT
Gone says:
Pearls says,
"Did Jesus or any of His Apostles ever hint that his mom would be the Saviour of Roman peoples or the Goddess of Snows?"

Not that I know of. Was she formally given these titles after Cardinal Ratzinger became Pope Benedict XVI?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 7:34:48 PM PDT
Pearls, Just as Paul claimned that he too can save some, (1 Corinthians 9:22), all the more the Mother of the Lord, after all, by her yes, came forth OUR salvation, Jesus Christ! After all, we are God's coworkers! (1 Corinthians 3:9, Jude vs. 23, Colossians 1:24). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 8:11:41 PM PDT
It's what you find appetitizing in the latter Apostate Anti-Christ's Dogma's Raul...Immaculate conception of Mary...Mary assumed..and oh yea! Pope is infallible!-Stinky too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 8:12:58 PM PDT
andthehorseirodeinontoo? says:
raulitos minion weighed in.."

I know, it makes me wonder if pre-programmed bots get paid!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 8:15:28 PM PDT
Thanks, I have posted a ton of quotes by the infant church's patristic fathers teaching the church that Mary had sin at all the other sites on Mary. Then I also found this of interest too-much later and shows up until this time there were no universal or acceptible beliefs in Mary as the modernists from RC claim;

Cardinal Cajetan, in his Commentaries, loco citate, pg 144. makes clear that from the Church's beginning until the days of St. Thomas Aquinas, all held in common that the Virgin was conceived in original sin, and therefore reprobated the idea of her sanctification before the infusion of her soul." The Cardinal goes on to "compose a formal treatise on the subject of the conception of the blessed virgin Mary, in chapter iv. of which he expressly lays it down that the doctrine of the blessed virgin was conceived in originalsin appers to be most probable one, since so many holy fathers and so many illustrious doctors in theology and in the Canon law have taught it, not in general terms, but in particular, speaking of the blessed virgin by name. He proceeds to quote Chrysostom, Eusebius, Emisseous, St. Remigius, St. Maxiumus, St. Bede, St. Anslem, St. Bernard, St. Erardus, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Bonaventure, St. Bernardinus, St. Vicentius the Confessor;

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 8:16:10 PM PDT
Pope Innocent III
Sermon on the Assumption, Sermon
Eve was produced without sin, but she brought forth in sin; Mary WAS PRODUCED IN SIN, but she brought forth without sin. .Ibidem below
Innocent III
On the Feast of John the Baptist, i (Sermon 16 on Feast Days)
Of John the Angel does not speak of the conception but of the birth. But of Jesus he predicts alike the Birth and the Conception. For to Zechariah the father it is predicted, 'Thy wife shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John,' but to Mary the mother it is predicted, 'Behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb and bear a Son, and shalt call His Name Jesus.' For John was conceived in fault, but Christ Alone was conceived without fault. But each was born in grace, and therefore the Nativity of each is celebrated, but the Conception of Christ Alone is celebrated.

Pope Innocent III
Sermon on the Assumption, Sermon 2 (Second Discourse on the Assumption)
Eve was produced without sin, but she brought forth in sin; Mary was produced in sin, but she brought forth without sin, second, from a state of childhood to maternal honor, third, from misery to glory.
( De festo Assump., sermon 2)

Innocent III
Sermon on the Purification of the Virgin
But forthwith [upon the Angel's words, 'The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee'] the Holy Ghost came upon her. He had before come into her, when, in her mother's womb, He cleansed her soul from original sin; but now too He came upon her to cleanse her flesh from the 'fomes' of sin, that she might be altogether without spot or wrinkle. That tyrant then of the flesh, the sickness of nature, the 'fomes' of sin, as I think, He altogether extinguished, that henceforth any motion from the law of sin should not be able to arise in her members.
(which omits the first phrase that Launoy includes, includes subsequent phrases that Launoy omits)
Innocent V
Book 3, Distinction 3, Question 1, Article 1
The nearer any one approaches to the Holy of Holies, so much the greater degree of sanctification ought he to have, for there is no approach to Him, except through sanctification. But the mother approaches more than all to the Son, Who is the Holy of Holies; therefore she ought to have a greater degree of sanctification after her Son. The degree of sanctification may be understood as fourfold: either that one have sanctity (1) before conception and birth; (2) after conception and birth; (3) in the conception itself and birth; (4) in birth, not in conception. For, 'in conception and not in birth' is impossible. The first degree is not possible, both because personal perfection (like knowledge or virtue) is not transfused from the parents; and also because in children the being of grace cannot take place, before the actual being of nature, upon which it is founded. The second degree is common to all, according to the common law of sanctification through sacraments. The third is peculiar to the Holy of Holies, in Whom Alone all sanctification took place at once, conception, sanctification, assumption. There remains then the fourth. But this has four degrees; because the foetus, when conceived in the womb, may be understood to be sanctified either before animation, or in the animation, or soon after the animation, or long after the animation. The first degree is impossible, because according to Dionysius (de div. nom. c. 12) 'Holiness is cleanness free from all defilement, and perfect and immaculate;' but the uncleanness of fault is not expelled except through 'grace making gracious' [acceptable], as darkness by light, of which grace the reasonable creature only is the subject. The second degree was not suitable to the Virgin, because either she would not have contracted original sin, and so would not have needed the universal sanctification and redemption of Christ, or if she had contracted it, grace and fault could not have been in her at once. The fourth degree also was not suitable to the Virgin, because it did suit John and Jeremiah, and because it did not suit so great holiness that she should have lingered long in sin, as others; but John was sanctified in the sixth month (Luke i.). But the third seems suitable and piously credible, although it be not derived from Scripture, that she should have been sanctified, soon after her animation, either on the very day or hour, although not at the same moment.
(Only the final portion, regarding the suitability of the third condition is provided by Launoy, but I've provided some expanded context.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 8:17:06 PM PDT
all the rcc folks are mindless stepford bots parroting the popes propaganda

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2012 8:59:58 PM PDT
I know hugh? It's sickening. And the only ancient sign of these beliefs, like Mary Assumed, Mary Immacualte and Papal Infallibility were all previously ritually cursed (anethema) by ancient Popes, Gregory the Great I, Pope Gelasius, Pope Hormisdas, Pope John XXII as well by patristic fathers Cyril, Crysostom, Augustine, and so many more. I have posted a ton of quotes from each and the robs still rattle the same old drivel as their lies of reply. Madness really.

See what the Pope that first allowed Mary's ic feast to be observed had to say about her presumed sinless state;

Clement VI
On approval the feast of her conception;
But before I divide the theme, it seems that that Conception ought not to be celebrated, first, on the authority of Bernard, who, in his Epistle to the Lyonnese [canons], gravely reprehends them, because they had received the feast and held it solemnly. Because no feast ought to be celebrated, except for reverence of the sanctity of the person as to whom it is celebrated, since such honor is shown to saints on account of the [relation] which they have to God above others; but this is on account of holiness; and not actual sin only, but original sin also [separates] from God. But the Blessed Virgin WAS CONCEIVED IN ORIGINAL SIN, as many saints seem to say, and may be proved by many grounds. It seems that the Church ought not to hold a festival of her Conception. Here, being unwilling to dispute, I say briefly that one thing is clear, that the Blessed Virgin contracted original sin in the cause. The cause and reason is this, that, as being conceived from the coming together of man and woman, she was conceived through passion, and therefore she had original sin in the cause, which her Son had not, because He was not conceived of seed of man, but through the mystic breathing (Luke i.), 'The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee.' And therefore not to have original sin is a singular privilege of Christ Alone. But whether she had 'in form' original sin, or was by Divine virtue preserved, there are different opinions among Doctors. But however it was, I say, that if, in form and not in cause only, she had original sin.
Sermon One of the Lord's Advent (aka "Sigua erunt in sole.")

Pope Clement VI
Sermon One of the Lord's Advent (aka "Sigua erunt in sole.") On approval the feast of her conception;
" But the Blessed Virgin was conceived in original sin, as many saints seem to say, and may be proved by many grounds."
" I say briefly that one thing is clear, that the Blessed Virgin CONTRACTED ORIGINAL SIN in the cause. The cause and reason is this, that, as being conceived from the coming together of man and woman, she was conceived through passion, and therefore she had original sin in the cause, which her Son had not, because He was not conceived of seed of man, but through the mystic breathing (Luke i.), 'The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee.' And therefore NOT TO HAVE ORIGINAL SIN IS A SINGULAR PRIVIELEGE OF CHRIST ALONE."
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  39
Initial post:  Jun 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions