Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

If you died today are you ready to face eternity?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 476-500 of 972 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:24:33 PM PDT
brunumb says:
ajq: "Amen Tonya, He certainly can do a better job with our lives than we can."

So you're really only a robot operated by God.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 3:26:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 3:27:33 PM PDT
brunumb says:
ajq: "Amen Tonya, moreover He loves and takes care of His own as well."

Sadly, the Christians killed in disasters are unable to testify to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:22:01 PM PDT
ajqueen says:
brunumb says:
ajq: "Amen Tonya, He certainly can do a better job with our lives than we can."

So you're really only a robot operated by God.

ajq: no, you can find my words here too brunumb. But certainly why would I not agree with God's Word. I choose to submit my will to His will, knowing that His Ways are above our ways.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:24:29 PM PDT
ajqueen says:
brunumb says:
ajq: "Amen Tonya, moreover He loves and takes care of His own as well."

Sadly, the Christians killed in disasters are unable to testify to that.

ajq: Christians regardless of how they die can attest to the truth of God's Word that death comes to every man, but after death there's judgment, and eternal life awaits those who placed their trust in the Righteousness found in Jesus Christ. They will indeed be seen again at the resurrection.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 4:54:12 PM PDT
T. D. Mills says:
Amen AJ.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 5:10:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 5:12:01 AM PDT
Charles says:
ajqueen says:

charles says:
Actually the lessons of Jesus were to let everyone know they would have eternal life. They got things screwed up a bit.

ajq: Charles, the message is clear, those who have the Son have life, those who have not the Son have not life. WHo would not want the Word of God operating in their lives? Could anything be more foolish? We know God's Word brings life, and that of life eternal.

Luke 3 (KJV)
5Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low;
and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;

6And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

7Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation
of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

ALL FLESH SHALL SEE THE SALVATION OF GOD

Your fear tacics don't work with real men of God, those that know the One True God on a real personal level.

Your reply to ajqueen's post:

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 5:16:46 AM PDT
Charles says:
ajq:
Charles, the message is clear, those who have the Son have life, those who have not the Son have not life. WHo would not want the Word of God operating in their lives? Could anything be more foolish? We know God's Word brings life, and that of life eternal.

What that was meant to bee seen aws was that all mankind is in Jesus and will have eternal life, you see that goes with the whole story of creation. But the church would change things to add a bit of fear into the followers so they could control them.

If any one was to find the True God in them, they would know these things and not need to pay someone else to tell them what to think !

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:40:41 AM PDT
T. D. Mills says:
This is speaking of the second coming of Jesus, The Messiah. All flesh alive on earth when He returns will see He who is our salvation. It does not mean all people will be saved. This is a quote taken from Isaiah 40:3-5.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:47:07 AM PDT
T. D. Mills says:
No all mankind is not in Jesus. Jesus said you must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God. He also said not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven; these two verses show that not everyone will be saved. He goes on to say that few will actually be saved but the majority chose the broad way that leads to destruction instead of the narrow gate that leads to everlasting life.

"Truly, Truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God...Truly, Truly I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again." John 3:3, 5-7

"Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to Me in the day of the Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? And in Thy name have we cast our devils? And in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you; depart from Me, ye that work iniquity." Matthew 7:21-23

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide [is] the gate and broad [is] the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow [is] the gate and difficult [is] the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." Matt 7:13-14

"Someone asked Him, "Lord will only a few be saved?" And He said unto them, strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able." Luke 13:23-24

Jesus Himself states that the majority of people will never be saved, despite the fact that salvation is a free gift available to everyone who will accept it in faith. (John 3:16, 18; Rom 6:23) Those who enter through the narrow gate choose to follow Jesus and accept His gift of pardon through His sacrifice on their behalf. They believe He died for them and rose again on the third day. The wide gate and broad way refers to the majority of people who chose to reject Jesus and His gift of pardon and follow their own path. But Jesus says He "is the Way, The Truth and the Life, no one comes to the Father except through Him." (John 14:6) The "broad way" is the road that ends in "everlasting destruction" in the lake of fire and eternal separation from the goodness of God, instead of eternal life in the presence of God in the Kingdom of Heaven. (Matt 7:19-23, 27).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 8:13:03 AM PDT
Charles says:
Shame on you TD. you're not suppose to be adding or taking away from the book What gives you the right to add that crap about the second coming to it. It is very clear in what it says, not you have achoice, believe the words in the book or the words out of your earth bound leaders

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:19:43 AM PDT
Charles says:
unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God

Yes TD, reincarnation was a strong part of the teaching in th book until the church and constantine decided the concept would put a crimp in the whole fear doing wrong and not following the church thing !!
Baptism by fire includes everyone, all are born again, even by your beliefs. Now if you want to continue to argue against the writings in the book , knock yourself out, but that just shows how mixed up the book teachings are.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:47:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 8:50:38 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there! Of course we give thanks to God on this day and always!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 12:17:07 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
charles,
Have you read Hebrews 9:27-28? "And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear --a second time--for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 12:30:40 PM PDT
T.D Actually, It was Christ's Church authority that he built on Peter the rock, (John 1:42, Matthew 16;18, John 21;17. 1 Thessalonains 5;12, Luke 10:16), that determined which of the over 75 letters written, were to be included in the new testament and which were not, the same Church authority that put an end to all the debating at the assembly of baptized believers, since "Scripture alone" could not. (Acts 15;12, Matthew 16;18). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 12:33:26 PM PDT
adj, Actually, Paul warns those who have faith in Jesus, that IF they then persist in immoraity and impurity, the sacrifice for sins NO LONGER remains for them. (Hebrews 10:26, Ephesians 5;5,6, Galatians 5;19,20,21, Romans 2:8,9). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 12:34:00 PM PDT
T. D. Mills says:
I did neither. Context is imperative. To say that all people will be saved contradicts other parts of Scripture and Jesus' own words. You better learn how to properly read the Bible before you try to preach it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 12:40:03 PM PDT
T. D. Mills says:
Reincarnation is not a biblical teaching and never was. Being born again is being born of the Spirit of God through our faith in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus on the cross on our behalf, not reborn of the flesh, as the Scripture so states.

Jesus the Living Word said that "you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God." [John 3:3, 7] He further explains to Nicodemus "that unless a man be born of water and of the Spirit he cannot enter the kingdom of God. What is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit." [John 3:5-6] The Spirit He is referring to is the Holy Spirit, the third persona of the Godhead.

There is only one way that happens. You are born of the Spirit [born again] when by faith you accept Jesus sacrifice of pardon on the cross for your sin on your behalf and ask Him to be your Savior; resulting in the forgiveness and removal of your sin, the indwelling of His Holy Spirit, reconciliation with God and eternal life.

The Apostle Paul tells us "That IF thou shalt confess with thy mouth that Jesus is Lord, and shalt BELIEVE in thine heart that God raised Him from the dead, though shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness with the mouth CONFESSION is made unto salvation... Whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:9-10; 13

"If we confess our sins, He (Jesus) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9)

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit." Titus 3:5

"Now He which establishes us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee." 2 Cor 1:21-22

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Eph 4:30

It is our faith in Jesus sacrifice for our sins that saves us; the Holy Spirit is God's seal upon us [the Church/bride of Christ] as His guarantee of our inheritance of salvation until the day of redemption. The seal of the Holy Spirit is a blessing unique to the Church.

When we are born again, we are given the "mind of Christ". As a result, we have the ability to hold in our mind, His thoughts, His feelings and the purpose of His heart, which is to do the will of God. Holding, His thoughts, feelings and purpose accompanied by the Holy Spirit working within us, enables us to live a humble, godly, obedient life, full of love, compassion, and selflessness, just as Jesus did. It also gives us the capability to go through life's ups and downs in total peace and filled with joy.

"For who has known the mind of the Lord that He may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ." I Corinthians 2:16

"Then make my joy complete by being like-minded," (with Christ) "having the same love, being one in the spirit and purpose....Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." Philippians 2:2, 5

Having the "mind of Christ" is like having the fruits of the Spirit. We need to learn how to retain a godly attitude and cultivate our love walk or the way we treat others, by following Jesus example. Our lives should demonstrate all of the fruits of the Spirit, which are in us, but they have to be developed. The fruits of the Spirit equip us to handle the stresses of this world with godly attitudes; however we have to choose to implement them.

When a believer is born again they are given the mind of Christ and they have the fruits of the Spirit because the Holy Spirit indwells the believer. What a believer does with those attitudes and attributes is up to them. We either go forward with in our walk with Christ or we go backward. However these are not attributes that unbelievers with carnal minds have. When we are first born again although we have the mind of Christ some young Christians may still be controlled by the flesh. They need to be fed the milk of the Word so that they grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior but then should begin to partake of the strength building meat of the Word in order to develop the thoughts, feelings and purpose of Christ in their life.

"A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statues, and ye shall keep my judgments and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people and I will be your God." Ez 36:26-28

This Scripture is speaking to the nation of Israel as a whole, a description of being born-again from the OT. Israel rejected their Messiah the first time He came and God partially blinded them and turned His attention to the Gentiles. But when the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled, the true Church will be removed and God will turn His attention back to Israel during the seven year Tribulation. This prophecy will be fulfilled at the end of the Tribulation when Israel as a nation will receive the New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:31-34) at the time of the second Coming of Jesus the Messiah. And in the verses following, Ezekiel concluded his thought by describing Jewish life in the Millennium (Ezekiel 36:28-38).

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 6:50:28 PM PDT
Hoo-Zen!! says:
So long as they've got Star Trek.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 7:06:09 PM PDT
Cheri says:
I watched the 2009 Star Trek today, I had forgotten how good it was.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 7:08:18 PM PDT
Hoo-Zen!! says:
Pretty nice storylines and character development - what more could you want?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 10:35:53 AM PDT
AJ

Christians regardless of how they die can attest to the truth of God's Word that death comes to every man, but after death there's judgment, and eternal life awaits those who placed their trust in the Righteousness found in Jesus Christ. They will indeed be seen again at the resurrection.

(No they cannot attest to the truth of his word because they do not follow the correct word of this God his word came under the Jewish faith not the christian faith the Tenakh is his word NOT the New Testament remember YAWHEH chose the jews as his people and had them write his word and carry out his will no where does it say anything about chrisitanity or christians in the jewish text.Also no where is it supported in Jewish text about placing trust in Jesus in order to obtain eternal life and no ressurrection bellief either)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 10:37:52 AM PDT
T.D.MILLS

There is no such thing as a second coming this is not supported anywhere in jewish text the jews are still waiting for the messiah his FIRST appearance not his second

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 10:48:54 AM PDT
Charles says:
mrs exp says:

charles,
Have you read Hebrews 9:27-28? "And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment, so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear --a second time--for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.
exp

So what point are you trying show here ? That you book is different than mine, that a man dies once, or that the book shows we can comeback as reincarnation says ?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 10:53:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 11:03:30 AM PDT
Charles says:
Matthew L. Broderick says:

" adj, Actually, Paul warns those who have faith in Jesus, that IF they then persist in immoraity and impurity, the sacrifice for sins NO LONGER remains for them. (Hebrews 10:26, Ephesians "

Morality is a false standard of meansure to our non animal nature. Humans were told, many year ago, that they were above the other animals. To prove this we were given standards that we were to live by. Those standards took many of the most natural action of the animal kingdon and were called wrong to do.

The wrong thng to do was to try to seperate us from natural acts. All that it has managed to do is create a bunch of insecure people. We are animals and we have natural drives like all other animals. When the church controlled much of society, it also wanted to increase it's power by increasing it's number of followers. To take them away from other religions, the church made up crap that would seperate it from the others. Many of the earlier religins celibrated our naturalist natures, so to seperate themselves , they said we are not animals and we should not act like them, BAD MOVE ! It is hunan nature to think of ourselves as rising above others, We all like to think we are better than the other guy, so this line of reasoning by the church had the people begging to be better than the animals, and morality was born. The real problem is that it is unatural, but the people didn't think that through , instead they just snuck around doing the same things and lying about it.
Thus today we have a world of screwed up human animals in need of continued theropy, or incarseration, for the crime of acting natural.
example:
I need to survive but have no money because I have no job because that guy has one, I'll take from him to survive !!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 10:53:34 AM PDT
B. Nixon says:
1 "From: Sha'ul, a slave of the Messiah Yeshua, an emissary because I was called and set apart for the Good News of God.

2 God promised this Good News in advance through his prophets in the Tanakh.

3 It concerns his Son - he is descended from David physically;

4 he was powerfully demonstrated to be Son of God spiritually, set apart by his having been resurrected from the dead; he is Yeshua the Messiah, our Lord.

5 Through him we received grace and were given the work of being an emissary on his behalf promoting trust-grounded obedience among all the Gentiles,

6 including you, who have been called by Yeshua the Messiah."
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  54
Total posts:  972
Initial post:  Jun 8, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions