Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Anti-bullying speaker bullies some in crowd, curses Christian teens

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 501-525 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 4:57:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 5:04:16 PM PDT
A Customer says:
I have said the same thing many times, some people self-label themselves as "victim", and then feel that gives them moral license to be an intolerant jerk to everyone who doesn't think exactly like them. That's the license guys like Savage labor under, as well as his apologists here who say things like "the high school kids brought it on themselves".

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 4:59:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 5:18:41 PM PDT
"And you do not use logic, and obviously have not studied theology either."

In fact, I have studied theology, formally, as in a seminary. Sacramental theology, in fact (which is what marriage is). You have not. You can pass off your BS "no real Scotsman" argument (as in "no real scholar would think this") on the rest of these people, not me. I know better. You are a either a pseudo expert or a troll, most likely both.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:05:20 PM PDT
Rev Otter says:
<<I have said the same thing many times, some people self-label themselves as "victim", and then feel that gives them moral license to be an intolerant jerk to everyone who doesn't think exactly like them.>>

i love irony. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:16:53 PM PDT
A Customer says:
Always with the snide remarks Rev, pretty consistant. So anyway, you never answered, what church do you belong to?

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:18:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 5:38:42 PM PDT
Joe Anthony says:
MacHeath says:

"I have said the same thing many times, some people self-label themselves as "victim", and then feel that gives them moral license to be an intolerant jerk to everyone who stands in their way. That's the license guys like Savage labor under, as well as his apologists here who say things like "the high school kids brought it on themselves"."

I say:

While I'm a Christian who represents the more liberal side of the politic spectrum; I'll agree with you on Savage. While I commend Mr. Savage's efforts to try to stop young GLBT teens from committing suicide, it's obvious by way of just doing a few minutes of searching his name on the internet that he's said a great many nasty things (i.e. saying that "Santorum" should be a word to describe feces mixed with lube).

I'm a staunch supporter of GLBT rights and same-sex marriage. In that sense, I am a proponent of equal rights. While it was morally wrong and insulting to GLBT people to treat them as perverts and criminals; I believe it's condescending and as insulting to treat them as people who should be allowed to bypass civil discourse because of all that they or other gay people have been through. In this regard, Savage should be held to the same standard as everybody else. If a straight guest speaker who was called as a role-model and mentor called the gay lifestyle "BS" and if he went on to call a gay high school kid "pansy-assed", then his days as a guest speaker would be over, and with good reason.

Why should Savage be excused?

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:24:53 PM PDT
Bubba says:
So why is it still not a moral law? Today, many people need their daily wages daily, yet employers hold wages for a week or possibly a up to a month.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:45:11 PM PDT
Eric Pyle says:
Macheath,

<<some people self-label themselves as "victim", and then feel that gives them moral license to be an intolerant jerk>>

Just the other day you wrote a loooong post explaining how you'd been victimized on this forum, how certain words had hurt your feelings, etc. You wanted sympathy from another poster.

Would this give you a moral license to try to get other people banned from the forum, or give multiple no-votes, or change your name and come back and lie about it?

Posted on May 3, 2012 5:50:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 14, 2012 12:37:02 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 6:08:07 PM PDT
Eric Pyle says:
Macheath,

Well, it's clear you feel you've been victimized. Now you fight back by calling me a rude name. "Cyberstalker."

Isn't that what Savage was doing? Fighting back by calling someone a (slightly) rude name?

Is it OK when you do it, but not when he does it?

Posted on May 3, 2012 6:10:39 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 26, 2012 4:39:11 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 6:34:30 PM PDT
Eric Pyle says:
<<hasn't even responded to his posts in months>>

You *always* read my posts and respond to them, just as you are doing now. You type into the box at the bottom of the page and not the "reply" box, so you can say later you haven't responded.

<<totally made-up lies about A's personal life>>

I have not lied about your personal life. Show me where you claim I did that.

You feel victimized. You are becoming paranoid.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 6:57:46 PM PDT
Kilgore says:
wasn't me, just came home. besides i only vote for positive uplifting posts... i don't vote negative, due to they get lost when censored by amazon when too many votes occur. i want ignorant post to stay up for the world to see what the u.s. is dealing with

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 7:22:12 PM PDT
Katydid says:
I think it has to do with today's social economics and not a law covenant given to the Israelites that is now obsolete.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 7:33:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 7:42:36 PM PDT
B. Josephson says:
Me: "And you do not use logic, and obviously have not studied theology either."

Fingers: In fact, I have studied theology, formally, as in a seminary.

Response: Then how come you know so little?

You show no evidence of knowing any Greek or Hebrew.

Maybe you should have had some university training rather than going to a seminary where sometimes standards are incredibly low, and dogma is taught rather than theology.

Fingers: You can pass off your BS "no real Scotsman" argument (as in "no real scholar would think this") on the rest of these people, not me. I know better

Response: But as I have said many many times, a fundamentalist scholar is an oxymoron.

Fingers: You are a either a pseudo expert or a troll, most likely both.

Response: And you are most likely someone who makes ad hominem arguments, when presented with arguments they cannot address.

I do note that you avoided addressing the points in my last post...

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 8:01:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 8:04:49 PM PDT
Banner says:
Wow Eric, I just don't get it. You actually are stalking him around the forum turning every topic around on him. Why? And people here have the choice to be anonymous, me being one of them, why would you violate a persons privacy like that? You troll him while condemning him for trolling lol.

You and the clique need to practice what you preach

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 8:36:51 PM PDT
Eric Pyle says:
Banner,

I post on lots of different threads. I'm not following anybody around. I have posted here longer than "Macheath" has.

<<You and the clique>>

What clique am I a part of, according to you?

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 8:37:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 5, 2012 8:52:51 PM PDT
Birutegal says:
Response: But as I have said many many times, a fundamentalist scholar is an oxymoron.

Fingers: You are a either a pseudo expert or a troll, most likely both.

Response: And you are most likely someone who makes ad hominem arguments, when presented with arguments they cannot address.

biru: Not to worry, as b jo understands very little of scripture; he knows how to read, but that is about all. He has been Christian-bashing and Word of God-bashing for quite some time on these threads.

He accuses others of ad hom arguments yet sneeringly claims, "a fundamentalist scholar is an oxymoron."

I would call him a hater of all that is good and all that is from God.

You will know them by their fruits...and the people they attract...and those are not Bible and Jesus-honoring Christians she attracts.

Posted on May 3, 2012 9:32:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 3, 2012 10:16:28 PM PDT
B. Josephson says:
Birut: biru: Not to worry, as b jo understands very little of scripture; he knows how to read, but that is about all. He has been Christian-bashing and Word of God-bashing for quite some time on these threads.

Response: I am very in favor of the Word of God, which is Jesus. I don't like those who substitute the Word of God for the Bible. As I have said over and over again, accept no substitutes--though I cannot figure what this has to the topic of the discussion.

Any more lies today Birut?

I freely admit I am not a fundamentalist Christian.

Birut: You will know them by their fruits...and the people they attract...and those are not Bible and Jesus-honoring Christians.

Response:' Yes, I know you claim you honor the Bible, but you rarely quote, it. Whereas I often do. So here is the Bible verse where Jesus tells how to identify his disciples:

From John 13:

34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another

Though I can't figure out what my character has to do with the topic of the discussion.

Birut: I would call him a hater of all that is good and all that is from God.

Response: And I would say you have made an unrighteous judgment.

Again let us look at what Jesus taught, you know from that book you claim to honor. From Matthew 7:

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, `Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Though I can't understand what your opinon of me has to do with the topic of discussion.

Now can you tell us what you think of the subject of this thread?

Do you think that the speaker was bullying students?

Do you think that God hates homosexuals?

I have commented on both these issues, and so far the only thing you have posted is why I am a bad Christian (or maybe not a true Christian) since I have different ideas than you.

Do you have anything to add to this discussion?

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 2:41:15 AM PDT
"Then how come you know so little?"

How can someone who apparently knows nothing judge that?

"I do note that you avoided addressing the points in my last post..."

You haven't made a point, you just hurl insults. Good day, troll. I will not waste any more time on you.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 2:43:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 3:45:45 AM PDT
"biru: Not to worry, as b jo understands very little of scripture; he knows how to read, but that is about all. He has been Christian-bashing and Word of God-bashing for quite some time on these threads."

I don't run into that kind of breathtaking ignorance face to face very often, but on public forums it happens regularly. Seminaries ARE universities, much of theology IS dogmatic (although Mormons think they have facts), and the Bible is generally referred to as the "Word of God", yet he insists on making distinctions without a difference, and as you pointed out, complains about "ad homenim attacks" even as he launches them.

"You will know them by their fruits...and the people they attract...and those are not Bible and Jesus-honoring Christians."

He's a Mormon, no wonder he hates Christians. The Jehovah's Witnesses are the same way - they have tried to steal the name of Christian and throw us out of our own church. Feel the love!

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 4:32:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 5:01:16 AM PDT
B. Josephson says:
Me: "I do note that you avoided addressing the points in my last post..."

Fingers: You haven't made a point, you just hurl insults. Good day, troll. I will not waste any more time on you

Response: Then let me recall the things I asked you.

"I see you want to pick which abominations to follow and which to not, and you get to decide which are moral and which are not.

To which you responded: " Don't project your neurosis on me, I am just trying to explain the logic, and the theology."

You wrote: "He [Jesus] DID say that marriage was between a man and a woman. There, spin that

Response: Well, so you claim, please cite the verses. Unlike most fundamentalists, I have read the Bible many many times, that is why I don't make ridciulous claims about hwhat Jesus taught. So give us the verses please

And you stil have not responded.

So I have not: "just hurl[ed] insults."

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 4:37:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 4, 2012 4:58:21 AM PDT
B. Josephson says:
Fingers: don't run into that kind of breathtaking ignorance face to face very often, but on public forums it happens regularly. Seminaries ARE universities, much of theology IS dogmatic

Response: No seminaries are not universities. Sorry to tell you. Some universities have seminaries in them, like Princeton Seminary, but they actualy have some pretty high standards to get into.

Again, I have seen no indication you have studied Greek or Hebrew. Subjects that would be taught at a seminary like Princeton seminary.

Fingers: He's a Mormon, no wonder he hates Christians. The Jehovah's Witnesses are the same way

Response: Where did you get this idea Fingers?

I never said I was LDS. Ah, I see, another ad hominem attack so you don't have to show where Jesus says that marriage is only to be between a man and a woman.

But apparently you get angry at LDS and JWs for having the audacity to want to be a part of your Christians only club. How about RCs, do you also say they are not worthy?

Fingers: the Bible is generally referred to as the "Word of God"

Response: By fundamentalists. Bible translators only capitalize Word when referring to Jesus, such as in John 1. Maybe you should get angry at them for doing that.

The Word is Jesus, accept no substitutes.

Fingers: Feel the love!

Response: I am wating to feel the love you have for homosexuals.

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 5:15:47 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
>Some universities have seminaries in them, like Princeton Seminary, but they
>actualy have some pretty high standards to get into.

My high school religions teacher was heading to Princeton to study theology.

>Response: I am wating to feel the love you have for homosexuals.

You might have to wait a few lifetimes, but they'll get it eventually.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 5:22:25 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
>You wrote: "He [Jesus] DID say that marriage was between a man and a
>woman. There, spin that
>Response: Well, so you claim, please cite the verses.

Matthew 19:4-6
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

However given that he is not talking about a marriage of the flesh, he is talking about the marriage between Adam (humanity) and Eve (The Holy spirit). The father being God and the mother being Sophia. So Eve rejoins Adam in the flesh (being spirit filled once again).

Other than that there are 2-3 other types of marriage depending on how you want to count it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 9:23:17 AM PDT
Rev Otter says:
<<Always with the snide remarks>>

more irony, thanks! :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  1149
Initial post:  Apr 28, 2012
Latest post:  May 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions