Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Mary was sinless -- so get over it. (Part III)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 6951-6975 of 10000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:16:14 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
Sorry, I can't believe you. I have never heard any church speak of Catholics like you seem to think that they all do. Other churches aren't like Catholics. They aren't ALL the same all over the country. You can't possibly know this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:18:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 6:38:54 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:
StevePL says: " Not at all, Ferdi! We protestants on here are united."

Disagree.

StevePL says: "And not just because we see and agree on the false teaching of the RCC."

Actually, that is the only thing that you all agree, in call the CC the Whore of Babylon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:22:07 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:23:48 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
No, especially when she says they "teach the same thing all over the country." As if she could even have an idea of how churches are all over the country.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:26:30 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
Catholic churches never welcome visitors. They don't speak or acknowledge outsiders. Definite cold shoulder. They don't even act all warm and loving. That's how Catholic churches act toward non-Catholics.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:31:23 PM PDT
Amen, Ferdinand!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:37:17 PM PDT
"Catholic churches never welcome visitors. They don't speak or acknowledge outsiders. Definite cold shoulder. They don't even act all warm and loving. That's how Catholic churches act toward non-Catholics."

Karen -

Does your religion actually encourage you to tell untruths? Because it seems to come so naturally to you...

As all are welcome in the Catholic Church.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:42:49 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
"PUSHING IT?!?!?!" In what way?!?!?! I gave a legitimate answer. What's your beef? In case you haven't noticed, Jesus did a lot of things that did not fall in line with Jewish culture.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 3:45:19 PM PDT
Believer says:
Faith says:
"Catholic churches never welcome visitors. They don't speak or acknowledge outsiders. Definite cold shoulder. They don't even act all warm and loving. That's how Catholic churches act toward non-Catholics."
Karen -
Does your religion actually encourage you to tell untruths? Because it seems to come so naturally to you...
As all are welcome in the Catholic Church.

Faith,
I believe she is referring only to how they treat visitors (their actions). Saying all are welcome are just words. Actually living out what you preach, well that is a whole different story and a problem I have seen with the Roman traditionalists that I know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:47:32 PM PDT
Jay Runner says:
"His flesh and blood brothers did not believe Him (John 7:5) just as the Prophet of OT said would be the case. This Scripture certainly makes James, Joses, Simon and Judas His blood brothers."

Ferdinand,

I don't know which Bible version says flesh and blood brothers, but the Greek NT simply has "adelphoi," brethren or brothers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:48:41 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
fr: Actually, that is only thing that you all agree, in call the CC the Whore of Babylon.

spl: I don't know we agree on that. But we are united in most of our views of Truth. I know I'm really impressed with all their posts, they're all right on the money concerning Truth.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:54:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 4:04:19 PM PDT
Jay Runner says:
Owned,

You will have to attend Kingdom Hall to maybe hear a sermon like that.

One of my wife's friends, after much coaxing, finally agreed to attend Kingdom Hall. That week the Watchtower magazine (what is in the Watchtower determines the subject of the sermon -- I guess it is called a sermon or lesson) was about the terrible wrong in all the churches. Every church in existence was put down and demonized. She who attended said she never heard anything so negative in her life.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 3:54:27 PM PDT
Believer says:
StevePL says:
fr: Actually, that is only thing that you all agree, in call the CC the Whore of Babylon.

I am not sure about all this Whore of Babylon stuff (I am aware of the reference). I do know that a man or group of men that elevate themselves above the Word of God is/are false prophets. They blatantly neglect and disrespect the Word of God in favor of their traditions and opinions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:56:17 PM PDT
Believer says:
Will not hear "negative" stuff in my church. The Gospel is the good news. We preach the Gospel. (Some of the judgments might not be popular but the Good News is you have a choice.)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:56:34 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
Just like how your church promotes Mary, you may SAY all are welcome in the Catholic church, but outsiders are not made to feel welcome. Perhaps you should be asking Lily the same question you just asked me. By the way, it's not my church who teach untruths...Unlike Catholics on here who try to portray themselves as being perfect, I am only telling the truth.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 3:57:35 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
Thank you. You're spot on with this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:00:28 PM PDT
Amen, Ferdinand!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:03:16 PM PDT
Quester says,
"Aww ... Owned ... you should have come by my church.

We'll love you to life."

Thank you for making me smile. I would've enjoyed that very much and would if I knew where your church was located.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:03:22 PM PDT
Jay Runner says:
Faith,

The first time I attended Mass I told the usher I was Protestant and asked if I could just take a seat anywhere. He said, "Sure, but once you go in the only way we let you go out is feet first." He couldn't keep a straight face though, big black jovial guy. We still laugh about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:11:17 PM PDT
Jay Runner says:
Believer,

Glad to hear that. Indeed the Gospel is not popular outside of Christian faith communities.

Even the TV is preaching a gospel. Most of the programs have as their underlying assumption their belief that there is no God, or that believers are crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:21:08 PM PDT
Kevin Bold says:
What did you expect? She's a shiksa. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:25:05 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
That sounds like my church. Scripture is always presented in ways applicable to our daily lives. I don't know why Lily thinks they all spend time "dissing" the Catholic church. There is no time and no one wants to waste energy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:27:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 4:29:42 PM PDT
Kevin Bold says:
So all Catholic parishes are rude to visitors?

There's always a couple of people in every group who are "shy," but not everyone is.

Beside, we all know that some people here get such a thrill out of dissing the Church they don't care about "facts."

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:29:17 PM PDT
Saint Karen says:
And you're a donkey...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 4:31:18 PM PDT
Kevin Bold says:
"Shiksa" is Yiddish for "female gentile."

It's not an insult. It's what you are.

As well as a donkey.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  78
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions