Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Mary was sinless -- so get over it. (Part III)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7026-7050 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:19:50 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
"spl: In forty years of regular church attendance I've never heard anything spoken about any other denomination. Or even other religions for that matter. Like your church they preach the Gospel."

This is good to hear, StevePL -

Although it still makes me wonder where all the anti-RCC rhetoric comes from.

spl: Books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:25:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 8:28:37 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:
Quester,

No, I have not make an accusation but a contra-argument to your argument in which you use 1 Cor 7 to invalidate Kevin's prior argument about whether not having sexual intimidacy in the marriage is a sin. Then, after my argument, ask you if you still believe that the teachings of the Church regarding Celibacy, the Perpetuaty of Marriage, Chastity, and against Divorce are unBiblical? A reasonable person would have answer, well, I do not agree with your interpretation but I see the basis of the teachings.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:26:34 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
kb: If one of your pastors took a swipe at either the Catholic Church, or a less dramatic Protestant denomination, you probably would think it was funny, witty, clever, etc..

spl: It's never happened, so I don't know. One of our pastors did say that you can be a Christian and be a Democrat, though. Which he was saying probably because of the anti-Democrat seniment of many of the churchmembers.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:27:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 9:01:15 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:
Steve,

I already answer you that question. I noted that I do not know Lenon's work and cannot provide an educated opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:29:47 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
Kevin Bold says:
It's used to keep the group together, and make members feel there's no alternative to their brand of "Christianity."
s
spl: Our church is not like that. They really don't play those kind of games. And I wonder how many actually do. You just seem to hear that stuff on some of the fringe websites and you think it's commonplace. I mean, people see Fred Phelps's anti-homosexuality garbage and they think all Protestant churches are like that, for example.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:31:05 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:
StevePL says:

"spl: In forty years of regular church attendance I've never heard anything spoken about any other denomination. Or even other religions for that matter. Like your church they preach the Gospel."

This is good to hear, StevePL -

Although it still makes me wonder where all the anti-RCC rhetoric comes from.

spl: Books.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fedinand: Figures!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:36:22 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
Plus, is what the Bible commands: "Therefore confess your sins to one another..." (Js 5:16) I recommend you do the same.

spl: But the Confessional is not confessing "your sins to one another". It's a fast food drive thru where the same priest hears everyone's sins.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:37:15 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
Sure. Give me the answer to the riddle.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:38:55 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
Clayton A. Miller says:
StevePL,

Jesus is said to be the first born of all creation. Does that mean there are other sons of God?

spl: For one, where does it say that? And sure, there are other sons of God. Are we not children of God? Are my fellow Christians not brothers?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:40:19 PM PDT
Excellent

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:42:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 8:43:24 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
Most Protestants when I talk to them personally seem to have the same view of the RCC that all the Protestants in the forum have. But it's never talked about by the Pastors. It's just not a focus of any church I know of, and not talked about in sermons.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:46:06 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 8:57:23 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:39:18 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
ferd: For Catholics, Priests are part of the congregation and it meets the definition.

spl: LOL! Meets the definition, huh? One dude who sits in there and listens to ALL the churchmembers dump their garbage on him. That's gotta be a nasty job, LOL! I don't think it's supposed to work like that, even if you do think it meets the "definition".

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:40:17 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
fr: Here it goes. I'm the first born of my parents because I was the first born child of my mother in the union she had with my father. However, my father was a widower and had a male son from his first marriage. Therefore, I'm the first born from the union of my parents.

spl: Hmmm. Where do you live? In America?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:41:08 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
Hmmm, people are no-voting your posts into invisibility.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 10:08:13 PM PDT
Jay Runner says:
StevePL,

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation." Col. 1:15 NASB

"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature." KJV

Creation or creature both work equally well from the Greek. Even in English dictionaries the first definition for creature is usually something like this: Something created either animate or inanimate.

A mountain is a creature, a tree is a creature.

From scripture we can only say sons by adoption (Gal. 4:5).

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 10:17:21 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 10:19:53 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:
StevePL says:"Hmmm. Where do you live? In America?"

Ok, you do not like my testimony, fine. You do not have to denigrate me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 10:21:18 PM PDT
Ferdinand says:
StevePL says: "Hmmm, people are no-voting your posts into invisibility."

Good!!! Then, the massage is going through. They are voting me out, but, not contra-argument is given.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 11:12:28 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
ferdi: Like Jn 3:16 meets the definition of OSAS, ah? What about the rest of the Bible? Let me see, if I declare Jesus as LORD and Savior today and for 10 yrs I keep pius life. Suddenly, I enter to a time of tribulations and start drinking till fall in Alcoholism. During my crisis, one day, I drink to much and die. The Bible tell us that drunkers will not inheret the Kingdom of Heaven. Would I be saved?

spl: That's not for me to judge.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 11:13:17 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
What? Because I asked you where you lived? It's just a question, you're reading too much into it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 11:16:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012 11:18:17 PM PDT
Jesus4us says:
fr: Good!!! Then, the massage is going through. They are voting me out, but, not contra-argument is given.

spl: Maybe they've had bad experiences with Catholicism. Maybe they were abused by priests. Maybe they don't trust Catholicism and the Pope. Maybe they think your arguments aren't good, that you just parrot Catholic dogma. Maybe they think you're arrogant. Could be a number of reasons.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 12:12:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 1:17:05 AM PDT
Ferdinand "For fun, look in the translator of Geogle the word anepsios to see what show up in English.'

I am uncertain as to why you think Karen will have fun searching a modern Greek translator into modern English for the ancient Koine Greek language.

When researching a word belonging to the ancient Greek Koine, all Greek scholars turn to the Lexicons and Concordances. Ancient Greek dictionary's (Persues, or Woodhouse are excellent), but not google which translates from the modern Greek, and not Koine.

One of my favourites is Henry Liddell & Robert Scott, the 1901 edition. You may prefer the most popular Strongs concordance. Anepsios means cousin>> ἀ, ῦ, ὁ>>> cousin, sister's son. Strong's Exhaustive Concordane-From a (as a particle of union) and an obsolete nepos (a brood); properly, akin, i.e. (specially) a cousin -- sister's son.

Colossians Paul states that Mark is Barnabas' anepsios-cousin. All of Jesus' brothers James, Jude, Josef/s, Simon are all "adelphoi"==or same womb.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012 12:27:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012 9:47:52 PM PDT
Septuagint does translate to brother in expressing kinfolk and the Scripture details that Lot is not actually the brother of Abraham, but son of Abrahams brother. Scripture does not make such allowance for any of Jesus' brothers or sisters. Adeplphe (sister) is never used for any other purpose than 'of same womb" relation.

Although Hebrew was no longer spoken nor readily understood by most of the Hebrews of Jerusalem Palestine in Jesus's day, Aramaic as Greek were the common languages. There are NT examples of when Jesus spoke Aramaic, and the writers translate His words for us>> Eli Eli sabachthani etc...

The word "ben-" in Masoretic H.
בֶּן־
son 'ăḥ
אֲחִ֥י; brother's
ben" (Note: the Hebrew would be ben-dod which is Hebrew for "cousin". (son of uncle).

Gen.14:14 "And when Abram heard that his brother [Lot] was taken captive ...." 'י brother's אֲחִ֥י; / ăḥ benבֶן־ -son

Septuagint-Gen 14:12 ἔλαβον δὲ καὶ τὸν Λωτ υἱὸν τοῦ ἀδελφοQ66; Αβραμ καὶ τὴν ἀποσκε`5;ὴν αὐτοῦ καὶ ἀπῴχον 64;ο ἦν γὰρ κατοικ̲2;ν ἐν Σοδομοι

Septuagint-Gen 14:14 ἀκούσα 62; δὲ Αβραμ ὅτι ᾐχμαλώ 64;ευται Λωτ ὁ ἀδελφὸ 62; αὐτοῦ ἠρίθμη 63;εν τοὺς ἰδίους οἰκογε_7;εῖς αὐτοῦ τριακοσ;ίους δέκα καὶ ὀκτώ καὶ κατεδί`9;ξεν ὀπίσω αὐτῶν ἕως Δαν
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1074 32 minutes ago
Jesus never "died for our sins" 1944 2 minutes ago
My Mob's pub and coffee shop. Part the Eleventh 7750 12 minutes ago
Dispensations and the Gospels, Part Two 7156 30 minutes ago
What do "born agains" actually believe about Jesus? I am confused. Want to discuss. 8974 35 minutes ago
Religion, No Religion - Who Really Cares? 60 37 minutes ago
Eternal life is obtained through faith in the atonement Jesus made. 4880 41 minutes ago
Outside of the your feelings, do any of you fundamentalist atheists have personal that atheism is true? 119 46 minutes ago
Catholic-Protestant Discussion Part XXXV 7220 1 hour ago
Judas was the Beloved Disciple 26 1 hour ago
The Christ Myth: is it possible Jesus never existed? 694 1 hour ago
Transgender Individuals 5835 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  78
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions