Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days we are living in; Part Two

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7626-7650 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 11:49:12 PM PDT
Birutegal says:
Yes..death is a horrible thing.

No more death, no more tears, no more sorrow, no more pain in eternity; all things will be made new, the former forgotten.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2012 11:53:26 PM PDT
Birutegal says:
I missed putting that in quotes. D'Souze was saying that before his death. You could have easily figured that out.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 12:03:40 AM PDT
Birutegal says:
thanks, cam. Here's a little review of the book:

"Book Description
Publication Date: December 13, 2011
What if notorious atheist Christopher Hitchens, bestselling author of God Is Not Great, had a Christian brother? He does. Peter Hitchens details a very personal story of how he left the faith but dramatically returned. And like many of the Old Testament saints whose personal lives were intertwined with the life of their nation, so Peter's story is also the story of modern England and its sad spiritual decline. Peter brings his work as an international journalist to bear as he documents firsthand accounts of atheistic societies, specifically in Communist Russia, where he lived in Moscow during the collapse of the Soviet Union. He shows that the world's bloodiest century, the 20th, entailed nothing short of atheism's own version of the Crusades and the Inquisition. The path to a secular utopia, pursued by numerous modern tyrants, is truly paved with more violence than has been witnessed in any era in history. Hitchens provides hope for all believers whose friends or family members have left Christianity or who are enchanted by the arguments of the anti-religious intellects of our age."

Reminds me of Madeleine Murray's son who became a believer. Madeleine Murray was an outspoken atheist who had prayer taken out of public schools.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 12:05:26 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
Communism is an economic system, one used by some early christians

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 1:09:19 AM PDT
diana says:
Mac: That's very sweet of you to put the message out there, as I'm sure you believe in what you're doing. The thing is, as a JEW, I can NEVER accept Jesus as G-d, as THAT would be IDOLATRY and BLASPHEMY.

diana: Well, thank you for informing me of this, I did not know you are Jewish. I have spent time with Hanala, Big Shmooz and Sarah (gasp) in forums here so I hear ya and understand what you are saying to me. I would not be offended if you put me on "IGGY' if you want to, or end up doing it at a later time.

Mac: BUT, I can search for and read about what he originally taught and appreciate his thoughts, words, deeds and depths about TORAH. Thank you :))

diana: Yes, of course you can, and you're welcome! :) But I am not fully sure what I am being thanked for because I dont really know what you mean about TORAH from anything I have posted. I am not geared to recognize a Torah teaching or know if thats what I was looking at.

However, I am very happy to see that you appreciate Jesus' thoughts, words, deeds and depths about Torah, that means something in the big picture that only God knows.

Mac: BTW, there were and are still, very many JEWISH teacchers who also teach TORAH, and at very deep levels.

diana: I appreciate your thoughtfulness in letting me know this. I cant see Jesus the way Judaism does though, and after awhile the comments about Him get to be more than I can bear.

Its kinda like when your mother does not approve of your choice of husband and puts him down every chance she gets, trying to persuade you to think like her, ya know? It can get to a point where one will dishonor their mother, which is never a good thing. Thats the way it is with Jews and christians, in my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 1:11:32 AM PDT
diana says:
Thank you Tonya :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 1:17:11 AM PDT
diana says:
Allan: Not necessarily that long, diana. One of the lads I worked with has overcome serious problems and has worked solidly as an apprentice for more than seven months now, making such an impression on his employers that they are going out of their way to support him so he can finish his apprenticeship as quickly as possible. Another we worked with has developed enough faith in himself to take on a bigger challenge and work without our assistance. Others who had their ups and downs are now working well, again without needing support.

diana: Thank you for sharing more Allan. I love to hear stories like this! :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 2:04:24 AM PDT
diana says:
Allan: It is a quick read, diana, and you might enjoy the message

diana: Oh, dear.

snippet from the article: When the boy is talking, a crotchety old yogi comes into the palace with a banana leaf parasol. He is naked except for a loincloth, and on his chest is a little disk of hair, and half the hairs in the middle have all dropped out.

The boy greets him and asks him just what Indra was about to ask. "Old man, what is your name? Where do you come from? Where is your family? Where is your house? And what is the meaning of this curious constellation of hair on your chest?"

"Well," says the old fella, "my name is Hairy. I don't have a house. Life is too short for that. I just have this parasol. I don't have a family. I just meditate on Vishnu's feet, and think of eternity, and how passing time is. You know, every time an Indra dies, a world disappears- these things just flash by like that. Every time an Indra dies, one hair drops out of this circle on my chest. Half the hairs are gone now. Pretty soon they will all be gone. Life is short. Why build a house?"

diana: Thats so pessimistic Allan. Reminds me of Solomons 'everything is vanity'. I also did not like the part where the Brahma dies and another takes his place every 432,000 years, so sad. I prefer the eternal God that never dies, the eternal love story. But I did enjoy the story, got a few snickers and serioously hope this hairy downer guy with the banana leaf wont be in my neighborhood of eternity.

I also liked the last paragraph about 'that wonderful mystery of the two that will become one. I think I will stick with the Bible tho...

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 2:11:40 AM PDT
diana says:
Thank you :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 2:17:51 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
Brahma in some respects sounds like the Holy Spirit (born in water).

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 2:25:08 AM PDT
diana says:
''It kinda follows along with the idea of God being within us.''

Allan: Dangerously heretic. Straight Gnosticism.

diana: It is?

Allan: I realise that you and many others need to believe this, diana, but it is simply not true. Nor fair.

diana: Well, I admit I have not spoken with Bryan for a long time, but I was pretty sure that Bryan did not believe Jesus is deity, the only begotten Son of God. I do. If Bryan reads this post, I would appreciate a correction if I am mistaken about his belief. People do change afterall.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 2:49:59 AM PDT
Theo says:
Phil- religion is Satan's Ace Trump.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 2:56:26 AM PDT
Theo says:
BB- communism is a failure as an economic system...it is a system of tierany.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 2:58:15 AM PDT
diana says:
Allan: Bryan and I are not entirely on the same wavelength, but I believe we are much closer to the truth than some here can allow themselves to realise.

One of the may advantages of comparative mythology is that it allows us to see with a much clearer eye than those who restrict themselves to one holy script, one interpretation

diana: Well, I can not argue with complete conviction on this because of my own life experience. As an early teen, I very much adored Egyptian studies, I was like a sponge. Then one day something clicked with the Bible when I saw the typology between the two. I started to see Egyptian stuff as a counterfeit to lead people away from the truth of scripture. Thats my evolution story and I'm sticking to it :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 3:00:46 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
No it isn't. It's quite successful where it's used.

See Mondragon Corporation, Israeli Kibbutzes, Amish communities and other places.

However it does require one to follow Jesus I admit.....

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 3:02:31 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
The egyptian stuff was a precursor to Judiasm.

And there are no counterfeits, they all have there own truths.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 3:10:01 AM PDT
Theo says:
BB- as long as they keep the Vodka flowing...

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 3:16:16 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
That wasn't communism, but nice try....

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 3:50:27 AM PDT
Allan says:
''And Buddhism basically has many gods, no gods, one main god...whatever one chooses.''

Your ignorance, astounding as it is, Brutegal, is inexcusable.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 3:52:07 AM PDT
Allan says:
'' All with very credible sources of their info.''

It would be interesting would it not, Philip, to learn how Brutegal defines ''credible''?

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 5:08:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 5:09:12 AM PDT
Allan, my guess is that her sources are Conservapedia and Bill O' Reilly/Fox News.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 5:10:59 AM PDT
Lois says:
You know, I have never understood how people miss that.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 5:18:50 AM PDT
Bryan Borich says:
greed

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 5:33:29 AM PDT
Lois says:
I have always thought that among the '7 Deadly Sins,' pride and greed were the worst, and easiest to fall into without realizing it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 5:34:48 AM PDT
Allan says:
'' modern England and its sad spiritual decline. ''

Unlike modern USA, modern Britain is educated. I doubt that it is declining spiritually anywhere near as quickly as the Mammon-worshipping US of A.

''And like many of the Old Testament saints whose personal lives were intertwined with the life of their nation... Peter brings his work as an international journalist to bear as he documents firsthand accounts of atheistic societies...''

Like many modern journalists (I know lots like him) Peter obviously sells out his profession to make a quick quid (buck, to you United Staters).

He is a sad reflection on my profession.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  60
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 6, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions