Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Grace of God

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 8426-8450 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 11, 2012 12:40:14 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
How can you have the Peace of Christ if you are counting on the effort of self?

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 12:43:43 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 5:30:50 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
What would you suffer for me?

Why do we have suffering?

Please read 2 Corinthians 1:6-7

Vs. 6 "If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort."

I am convinced after a life of valleys and peaks that most of both have been my own making. The valleys contain the fertile soil of growth that produce the vines that I climb on to get to the peak.

Both the valley and the peak are transitional places that God allows in His University of Love so that both we and others grow from it. For me it seems like some valleys have a very strong rate for second visits-LOL!

But for me the point of this beautiful passage is this- if my focus is on Love, the suffering becomes a gift from me to you as you can see the Peace that God gives me.

As Grace based people on a journey with God we share many of the same lessons, challenges and trials. Lessons like stop debating things that were used to bring me to Christ but now are not part of my relationship with Him- this only goes to separate us.

This is why testimonies are so very wonderful! We can share in the sufferings and as a result share in the comfort.

To this point I have a confession to make. Maybe it's the Irish in me but I will argue about the law and Grace. Please don't misunderstand me, I love the law- it brought me to Christ, it showed me my tremendous need for Him.

But Grace!!!!!! Oh so Amazing Grace!!! Words fail me and tears overwhelm me just to see the working of His Grace in my life looking back. This is Heaven- to reside and abide in the moment of His Grace!

Find a time and a place where you probably won't be disturbed and just breathe, be still and know that He is God and He is here. When you are breathing with each exhale just notice if there is any stress points in your body and as best your breathe will allow just relax. When you feel a bit more relaxed and focused just breathe normally and:

Breathe in and say:
"Lord let my distress"

Breathe out and say:
"Bring Your Love to others"

Practice this way and realize that each moment comes through Him for His purpose in you and others- and His purpose is Always for the good!

Don't worry- BeGraceFull.com!!

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 8:26:23 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
How powerful is the god you serve? If they need your help I would say they are pretty weak. The gods of money or power or fame come to mind.
My God supplies my every need.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 8:53:34 PM PDT
Gr and Karen, If that were the case, Paul would not have had to warn those who had faith in Jesus, that EVEN if they have ALL FAITH, but do not love others, it is useless. (1 Corinthians 13;2). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 8:53:53 PM PDT
GR, Faith alone does not justify one before God, for we must also repent, (Luke 13:5) and forgive others, (Matthew 6;14), for as Paul affirms what Jesus said, "It is the DOERS of the LAW that are justified before God", (Romans 2:13) as Jesus said earlier, "If you wish to enter into Life, then keep the commandments", (Matthew 19:17), for Paul warns those who have faith in Jesus, but then persist in immorality and impurity, the sacrifice for sins no longer remains, (Ephesians 5;5,6, Romans 2:8,9, Hebrews 10:26, Galatians 5:19,20,21), for we shall each receive as our works deserve, as "it is by WORKS and NOT by faith alone that man is justified", (Revelation 2:23, James 2:24). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 11:39:59 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
How to spot a "false teacher" in one easy lesson!

Is it possible that "false teachers" exist in religious groups today?

Did "false teachers" on the days of the early church cause concern?

Please read 1 Timothy 1:3-9

Vs. 5 "The goal of this command is LOVE, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of the law, but they dont know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.
We know that the law is good IF one uses it properly. We also know that the law is not for the righteous BUT for lawbreakers and rebels."

What happens to a person at the moment when they accept Christ in faith?

Please look up the word "righteous" in your concordance. Yes that is right that person by faith becomes righteous NOT because of what they have done but because of Jesus.

Here again we see the truth of Grace.

"GOD IS LOVE" and NOT law to a "righteous" person.

Is the law good? Absolutely and I would never say otherwise!

Its good to those that are "lawbreakers and rebels" but if the law is still being taught in your church as having ANYTHING to do with righteousness its wrong.

What then do we need to focus on?

We need to focus on the one thing that can and will radically change the world- "GOD IS LOVE"

The easiest way for a church or organization to fall away from the purpose of God is for them to look at stupid stuff instead of LOVE!

God calls us to be Lovers not lawers! God calls us to be Lovers not judges!

The world needs LOVE now more than ever and sad to say what they are finding is a whole lot of law and legalistic crap that is being pushed off as what Jesus wants you to do.

Let me simplify this Jesus wants you to learn what He did on the cross and why He did the cross and that can only be summed up in three little words:
"GOD IS LOVE!!!!!"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 12:17:14 AM PDT
Herllo r. helldirth. Peace of Christ.

You say>>We know that the law is good IF one uses it properly. We also know that the law is not for the righteous BUT for lawbreakers and rebels."<<

CORRECT!!!!.....CORRECT!!!!..CORRECT!!!!!!!

Halellujah!......Halellujah!....Hallelujah!!!

Out of your own hand...read>>We know that the law is good IF one uses it properly. We also know that the law is not for the righteous BUT for lawbreakers and rebels."<<<

Notice that in your words you say.THE LAW "IS"
GOOD...not "WAS"..eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!

The you SAY>> Then you say that The Law "IS" good if one "USES IT PROPERLY"..(We The New Spiritual Jews a.k.a Christians do that)..you don' even have a Law....eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!, eh!. eh!

Then The Holy Spirit says:

Heb. 10:22 In fact "THE LAW REQUIRES" that nearly everything "BE CLEANED WITH BLOOD" (The wine and His Body at the Sabbath-Service) because
"WITHOUT BLOOD"..THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS OF
SINS.........UPH!!!!!!!!!!! somebody is a BIG-MEGA-
SPIRITUAL TROUBLE........Hold on to your followers...

God Bless...........Brother James

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 12:23:52 AM PDT
Hello r. helldirth. Peace of Christ.

You say>>Please look up the word "righteous" in your concordance<<<

I looked into my bible and it says this:

Ezek. 18:9 nHe/She who follows "MY" Decrees and
faithfully "KEEP MY LAWS".

That person "IS RIGHTEOUS"; he/she WILL SURELY LIVE, declares the Sovereing YHWH = 1 John 2:17

He/She "WHO DOES THE WILL OF GOD 'WILL LIVE FOR EVER'"...it seems as you are riding the train heading to hell....yes, yes, yes!! 'ALL" your followers and cheerleaders will go with you...so..do not worry..

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 12:28:08 AM PDT
Hello r. helldirth. Peace of Christ.

You say>>Please look up the word "righteous" in your concordance. Yes that is right that person by faith becomes righteous NOT because of what they have done but because of Jesus.<<<

Psalm 119:137 "RIGHTEOUS" ARE YOU O YHWH =
Ephesians 5:1 IMITATE GOD....

Ezek. 18:9 The person who keeps My decrees faithfuly and FOLLOW "MY LAWS" that person is
"RIGHTEOUS".....

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 3:16:33 AM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
How deep is your love?

How can you tell an infant from an adult in the spiritual world?

After Christ comes in then what?

Please read 1 Peter 1:22-23

Vs. 22 "Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere Love for each other, Love one another deeply, from the heart. For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God."

So how do you spot someone that is more "Christ" like?

Simple answer is they Love more. Its not the person who does this and doesnt do that its the person who "Loves one another deeply" as it says in this passage.

Again Gods focus is on one four letter word and that word makes all the difference in the world but also all the difference in your spirit and soul.

According to this passage once a reason accepts Christ they have "purified themselves" and at that point its all about Love and learning to "Love one another deeply."

Its not about debate or right and wrong or judgment its about the undeniable truth that "GOD IS LOVE" and growing in that Love!

So how do we grow in that Love?

How do we "Love one another deeply" today?

When you first wake up in the morning I want to challenge you to do this-
Before your feet hit the floor in the stillness of the moment with your eyes closed. Breathe in and out several times and get a mental picture of the people you will come in contact with this day. As you do this just keep relaxed breath as you say the following several times:

Breath in and say:
"God love others deeply"

Breath out and say:
"Through me this day"

Do this until you have a smile on your face and

Dont worry- Be Grace-Full!!

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 10:11:11 AM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
What is sincere Love?

What is evil?

What is good?

Please read Romans 12:9-10

Vs. 9 "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."

In my experience the above passage is impossible without Grace just like so many other Love actions are impossible without Grace.

Why?

Because just like His Love for us is unconditional His work within us is creating a more unconditional Lover. Again this has been my experience in my spiritual journey with Him.

How does this work?

The more we surrender to the idea that ONLY He makes us righteous the more we see our incapability and His capability in us and others!

What does this mean to growth?

As Grace grows in you one thing you begin to notice is a hate for things that separate us from each other- be it politics, religion, legalism or any of 1000 other distractors you just have less and less desire to have anything to do with it.

So what do we cling to when we cling to the old rugged cross?

Love! Peace! Forgiveness! Hope! Joy! - These are the good things! Love that honors others above me- like Jesus did on the cross.

Here is a meditation for you. Find a time and a place where you probably won't be disturbed and begin to take several deep cleansing breaths in which with every exhale you let go of more stress as you give it to Him. Close your eyes and begin to just feel the breath come in and out and know that He created each breath for you and He is in each breath. As you do this:

Breathe in and say:
"God let me Love sincerely"

Breathe out and say:
"And honor others above myself"

Practice like this until you sense His Love flowing through you today!

Don't worry- Be Grace-Full!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 1:41:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 6:35:39 AM PDT
R, Not true, for Paul states,"It is OBEDIENCE that leads to RIGHTEOUSNESS", Romans 6:16), same as Christ affirmed, "If you wish to enter into Life, then Keep the commandments", (Matthew 19:17) for faith alone does not justify one before God. (Ephesians 5;5,6, Romans 2:8,9, Hebrews 10:26, Galatians 5;19,20,21, James 2:24). Peace always in teh Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 4:39:28 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
Are you a "but (hole)" saint?

How does a "but (hole)" saint take away from Christ?

Is there something in addition to Christ that you need?

Please read Romans 10:5-9

Vs. 5 "Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: "The person who does these things will live by them." But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, `Who will ascend into heaven?' " (that is, to bring Christ down) "or `Who will descend into the deep?' "(that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

A "but (hole)" saint is one that has to add to what Christ did in order to be righteous. One example is "Yes Christ saved me "but" "I have to tithe." In this example we are bringing Christ down as our hole is "I have to tithe."

There are a million different "holes" that people fall into and fall for in an effort to please God and the bottom line is this- You can't please God- not now, not ever!

This is the reason why Jesus came! Because without faith it is impossible to please God!

When I was a "but (hole)" saint some of my logic went like this:

"But I have to do this to grow"- God is in charge of the growth with Grace-Full Christians. He will supply the situation and the education.

"But this is a commandment"- God placed His word in your heart when you accepted Him. Once a person is Grace-Full- "Love God and Love one
another"

"But this is what I should do"- God isn't impressed with your doing and that brings Christ up from the dead.

Today as you go through your day keep this simple phrase in the forefront of your mind as a prayer and an ongoing meditation:

"God is my righteousness 100% based on faith?"

Don't Worry- Be Grace-Full!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:16:51 PM PDT
R, Not true, for Paul states,"It is OBEDIENCE that leads to RIGHTEOUSNESS", Romans 6:16), same as Christ affirmed, "If you wish to enter into Life, then Keep the commandments", (Matthew 19:17) for faith alone does not justify one before God. (Ephesians 5;5,6, Romans 2:8,9, Hebrews 10:26, Galatians 5;19,20,21, James 2:24). Peace always in teh Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:27:13 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
Nothing but the blood will wash away your sins

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:30:03 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
For by Grace you were saved through faith and that NOT OF YOURSELVES lest any man could boast.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 9:32:55 PM PDT
MK Hill says:
do you have a pulpit?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 10:37:34 PM PDT
Hello MK. Peace of Christ.

You say>>do you have a pulpit?<<

Are you talking to your leader, "helldirth?"!!!!..

God Bless.........Brother James

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 4:41:54 AM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
MK Hill

If that was for me no I dont at this time but I am sending His Love and Grace through the internet on several sites and I will be loading my Bible studies on Kindle and Nook within a few days- Currently seeking a place to pastor.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 11:34:45 AM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
The Last Breathe

Have you ever considered what you are leaving here?

What is it all worth?

Please read Acts 20:24

Paul was about to leave for the heart of darkness, Jerusalem, and he had no idea what would happen to him there. He only knew that the legalist there did not like what he was saying but he was "compelled by the Spirit" to go there.

Vs 24 "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace."

Why do I say Jerusalem was the heart of darkness?

At that time it was the most legalistic place on earth and where the law rules, Love does not. Paul was all about the message of Grace and it is in almost every single word that he wrote.

To "finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus" he had been given was his soul purpose. What ever that meant and where ever that took him- He was all in, no holding back till death does he testify.

What is your life about?

Big bank account, great sex, power and position, personal health and a long life?

What if we all lived in a way so as "to make Love" our aim?

What if all the stuff that "so easily entagles us" like that which I just mentioned was not our objective but instead we were all about Love and spreading it?

Paul's race was not about following the law but rather sharing Love. The law brought me to Christ but if it entagles me in guilt and shame I cant finish the task of sharing Love.

If you want to start knowing more about Gods Grace in your life this link is a great Bible study! Just answering the questions that are underlined based on the scripture:

http://newcreationchurch.ning.com/profiles/blogs/freedom-starts-here

Dont Worry- Be Grace-Full!!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 3:08:03 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
Are you being "should" on?

What "should" is right?

Please read John 13:12-17

Vs. 12 "When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. "Do you understand what I have done for you?" he asked them. "You call me `Teacher' and `Lord,' and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them."

In what was one of Jesus's last acts on earth alone with His disciples He teaches us the what?

"Love one another", meet the needs of others, help others and help heal others! He became a servant and told us to serve others as well.

Jesus was the ultimate un-should-er! Born in lowly conditions yet a king, born from a virgin in a country where that meant certain death, hanging out
with all the wrong people and saying all the wrong things! Wasn't He supposed to come with a sword and conquer the whole world?

And yet He didn't should people except for the "teachers of the law" why is that?

Remember this if you have should-ers in your life- guilt and shame is sure to follow. That was the main purpose of the "teachers of the law" and an entire people felt unworthy and never acceptable to God because of them.

Here is a secret- If Christ is in you, you are as good as you will ever get!

Find a time and a place where you probably won't be disturbed. Take several deep breaths and with each exhale relax a bit more. When you are feeling a bit more relaxed focus on these words as you:

Breathe in and say:
"Lord give me the heart"

Breathe out and say:
"Of a servant lover like Christ"

Practice this until you sense a change in the way you relate to others. No longer should-ing but instead Loving, Caring and Serving.

Don't worry- Be Grace-Full!!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 4:24:09 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
Jesus said, I am the Way, I am the Truth, I am the Life, no one comes to the Father but by me!
No one based on good works, no one based on washing feet, no one based on position, no one at all!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 6:30:08 PM PDT
R. Hildreth says:
If Christ alone is not enough for you All hope is gone!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 8:01:07 PM PDT
R. Hildreth, Jesus, our Great God and Saviour affirms we must repent (Luke 13:5) and obey, for, "If you wish to enter into Life, then Keep the commandments", (Matthew 19:17). Peace always in the Most Precious Blood of Jesus our Great God and Saviour
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  159
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions