Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Israel, God's judgments and the last days we are living in.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9801-9825 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 9:30:04 AM PDT
OSAS says:
Well said AJQ.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 9:30:44 AM PDT
OSAS says:
Thanks so much AJQ!

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 9:34:18 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
SIA says:
Jesus is also referred to as "the Prophet Like Moses." Moses is known for two things ... delivering them from the bondage of Egypt, and delivering the Word of God.

The analogy between Moses and Jesus is clear. The link between them is made definite when Matthew 2:15 eludes to Hosea 11:1 ... "out of Egypt I called my son." This indicates to me that they recognized that Jesus was "the prophet like Moses."

It's obvious who Jesus felt they were slaves of and in bondage to. That would be Rome. There was no "separation of church and state" in Rome. Their politics and religion were intertwined.

AJQ: Jesus spoke very clear on this matter that it was sin they were in bondage to and that those who is in bondage to sin is children of the devil. He also said that the devil does not set his captors free. Jesus said He came to deliver us from the power of Satan. He showed that a greater one that Satan has come to bind and spoil his house, and that the works He did was by the power of God. The Messiah is prophecied to make the blind see and set the prisoners free in Isaiah 42, Jesus indeed set us free from the power of sin and death. Those who accept Him indeed have power over these things.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 9:36:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 14, 2012 10:32:57 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 9:40:02 AM PDT
OSAS says:
Amen AJQ!

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 9:44:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2012 10:42:35 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
SIA says:
>>> He also said that the devil does not set his captors free.

If that were the case, then NO ONE would be saved.

AJQ: No, it means a stronger one than Satan must come into our lives and deliver us from sin. None of us could deliver ourselves from sin from the very beginning, Jesus came and showed us before all how He defeated evil for each and every one of us. Jesus simply chose to have nothing to do with evil, then took it further to the cross where He did for our sins, having done no sin Himself, and condemned evil and sin for killing One who was not worthy of death. By this Jesus is given power by God to rule over the living and the dead, fulfilling many prophecies and ensuring that righteousness rules over all including unrighteousness and Satan himself for ever. God by the righteousness of Christ will judge all things.

All can be saved because God broke Satans power through the blood of Christ which pours out grace and mercy towards us. That is how our sins are forgiven. He led captivity captive.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 9:47:04 AM PDT
OSAS says:
Christ is more powerful than Satan, He defeated Satan and the cross. Christ is the only one who can free us from the devil's captivity and all it takes is a heart willing to call on Jesus and by faith accept His gift of pardon.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 9:49:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2012 9:54:59 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
SIA says:
>>> He also said that the devil does not set his captors free.

If that were the case, then NO ONE would be saved.

AJQ: None of us could be saved from sin and death until Jesus defeated evil on the cross. Righteousness got struck in the side and poured out grace and mercy towards us all. Now Death himself and Satan will have to give account on why the Prince of Life who had no sin at all was crucified? How do you think they will be able to explain that?

We deserved death because we were sinners, yet the Word of God never sinned and could not sin, and because God put Him in flesh, the devil destroyed Him as he sought to do to all flesh, yet he touched the WRONG ONE!!! Through this God's power comes through to ultimately destroy all the works of the devil by ushering in righteousness through Christ unto all that look to Him for salvation.

You've seen how through sin this world has commited horrible unspeakable evils BUT WATCH how through Christ ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS comes to fruition. God will create a new heaven and new earth through CHRIST, a place in which only righteousness dwells. He will also prove the worthlessness of evil and all who have trusted in it and its lies instead of the truth of God's love.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:05:12 AM PDT
B. Nixon says:
I agree with much of what you wrote, but Jesus was talking about the bondage to sin...in that passage in John.
But that statement about Rome is accurate, also.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:07:46 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
B. Nixon: 38 I speak the things which I have seen with My Father; therefore you also do the things which you heard from your father."

39 They answered and said to Him, "Abraham is our father." Jesus *said to them, " If you are Abraham's children, do the deeds of Abraham.

40 But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do."

AJQ: great post B. Nixon. I also consider these verses when people bring up the horrors done in the name of Christianity, because just as Abraham didnt seek to kill Jesus, neither did Jesus teach Christians to commit the horrors mankind has commited under the name of Christ.

My understanding would be that those who lift their hands to murder, do the work of their Father the devil, he was a murderer from the beginning. Doesnt matter if its Jew or Gentile doing it, its still the work of evil not God.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:12:53 AM PDT
B. Nixon says:
I often speak of the fact that the "false brethren" began their moves to imitate and lead away from...the True Christ...by counterfeit, since the first century. That 'body' is huge, and has grown alongside the True Body of Christ...all along the way. Intermingled, intertwined, but the harvest is coming...and the angels know the difference!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:16:49 AM PDT
OSAS says:
Amen AJQ I agree with you!

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:20:55 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
B. Nixon says:
I often speak of the fact that the "false brethren" began their moves to imitate and lead away from...the True Christ...by counterfeit, since the first century. That 'body' is huge, and has grown alongside the True Body of Christ...all along the way. Intermingled, intertwined, but the harvest is coming...and the angels know the difference!!

AJQ: Indeed, many who thought they were doing the works of Christ, He will tell them to depart from Him, for He never knew them. This is because they thought they were doing the works of God but were advancing their own evil ambitions or that of others instead. Clearly any work not done in the love of Christ will not remain and be able to stand in that day.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:23:26 AM PDT
OSAS says:
Amen BN! There are so many counterfeit "Christians" today doing so many works in the name of Jesus but they will be the ones who when they stand before Him, will be told He never knew them. It is not enough to claim the title of a "Christian", you have to have the Spirit of Jesus within you and that only comes when we submit and commit our lives to Him as our Lord and Savior through faith in His atoning sacrifice on our behalf. It is then that the heart is changed and we are given new life in the Spirit. It is then that we can have the personal relationship with our Lord that God created us to have and it is only through that personal relationship that we get to know Jesus and Jesus knows us.

Posted on May 6, 2012 10:26:45 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
B. Nixon says:
Taking the Bible as has been done, as a "textbook" or "roadmap", is the reason there are so many offshoots and false teachings flooding the World.

AJQ: B Nix, Im not sure what your saying in this part of your post? I do believe the Word of God is authorative and given for instruction, correction, and reproof in righteousness. I think its a perfect road map, just that people tend to leave whats in the scripture or pervert whats their to twist it for their own objectives, and not the will of God.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:27:13 AM PDT
B. Nixon says:
I agree. And we don't commend ourselves, or tell ourselves we are in Him and He in us...He confirms it to us, Himself, by His Spirit.

It certainly is not a 'religion', as many think, but a LIFE that comes only by His Spirit making alive our spirit (once dead in sin but born anew when we received Him) through our trust and faith in all that He IS!!

Posted on May 6, 2012 10:30:49 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
SIA, where did u go? I like what u said about Jesus being the Prophet like Moses. I definitely agree with this, although BS and others did not. What do you think Jesus was saying when He said He came to save those that were lost and that all who believe on Him will never die?

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:31:54 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
B. Nixon says:
I agree. And we don't commend ourselves, or tell ourselves we are in Him and He in us...He confirms it to us, Himself, by His Spirit.

It certainly is not a 'religion', as many think, but a LIFE that comes only by His Spirit making alive our spirit (once dead in sin but born anew when we received Him) through our trust and faith in all that He IS!!

AJQ: Amen

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:44:51 AM PDT
B. Nixon says:
I agree, but that isn't how it has been used and taken...by far too many religions that are not empowered and led by His Spirit. Doctrine never saved anyone, Jesus Christ DOES.

His command is "follow Me", and "be yoked together with Me, My yoke is easy, My burden is light". That picture is clear. The untrained animal may pull right when the trained one turns left, and gently is trained in the way it should go.

Jesus taught the disciples for three and a half years. God sent them into the World filled with His Spirit. When He says go and teach...He spoke to those who had been "yoked" together with Him for those years.

With His Spirit within them, HE could lead them and reach the whole World.

Part of the reason He said "the things I do, you will do, and greater than these will you do..because I go to the Father"...because the World was about to be addressed through MANY, but directly from One Spirit, One Lord...and it spread...everywhere. Much larger "ministry" than He could do during those final years, but it IS He Who is accomplishing it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 10:54:19 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 14, 2012 10:32:58 AM PDT]

Posted on May 6, 2012 10:54:48 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
B. Nixon says:
I agree, but that isn't how it has been used and taken...by far too many religions that are not empowered and led by His Spirit. Doctrine never saved anyone, Jesus Christ DOES.

His command is "follow Me", and "be yoked together with Me, My yoke is easy, My burden is light". That picture is clear. The untrained animal may pull right when the trained one turns left, and gently is trained in the way it should go.

AJQ: Amen, I agree. The Word of God is sure. Mankind however fails to follow the truth of whats written therein time and time again. The Word increases our faith and the Spirit bears witness and leads us into all truth.

Posted on May 6, 2012 10:59:49 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
SIA says:
I see very stark parallels, AJ. I know there will be those that disagree with this assessment ... but this is what I see ...

AJQ: There she is! Let me first say Im happy and glad to speak with you this morning. Also I know how much you have labored in studying to understand what God has said in His Word, and I commend you that you seek to earnestly see what is being said in the scripture. Now let me go back and read what you have said! :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 11:00:29 AM PDT
OSAS says:
Amen, I agree with you both!

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 11:03:28 AM PDT
ajqueen says:
SIA: -- During the time that Israel lived in Egypt, the family of Jacob was welcomed and treated fairly. They were allowed to live in Egypt in peace, and to practice their customs, albeit separately. Egypt was Egypt, Israel was Israel. But they lived together in peace, thanks to the relationship between Joseph and his pharaoh. It was not until there came a "pharaoh who did not know Joseph" where they entered into slavery. I take this to mean, in part, that Israel was in "spiritual bondage" in Egypt. Whether intentional or non-intentional on the part of the Pharaoh to FORCE Egyptian beliefs on them, or whether it was societal influence is hard to say. I seem to think the FORMER (correction here), because the Pharaoh's heart was hard. Over the course of many generations, the traditions and understanding that they had about God was lost to them. Not all, perhaps, but we know there were some.

AJQ: SIA, I agree 100% with your 1st para. I believe Israel was both in physical and spiritual bondage to Egypt. Physical bondage to men, Sprititual bondage to evil, and Satan is the Chair in that department.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2012 11:08:44 AM PDT
OSAS says:
I also agree with both of you!
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  149
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Aug 1, 2011
Latest post:  May 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions