Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. He rose from the Dead and is Alive.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1076-1100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 4:57:12 AM PDT
J. Green says:
In reply to your post on Jun 21, 2012 9:35:10 PM PDT
Birutegal says:
The literal translation of that would be "dying you will surely die."
---------------------------------------
Can I have that in a sentence?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 5:01:12 AM PDT
J. Green says:
Krystal says:
Thanx, I got it, wasnt doubting you, just never heard of the guy.
---------------------------------------------------------
Thallus is one of their big guns.
THAT is how minuscule their proof is

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 5:14:14 AM PDT
J. Green says:
Jeremy Crockett says:
J. Green -- Your a real wizard.

That should be "you're a real wizard". If you're going to insult someone's intelligence, at least make sure you have the brains to spell properly.
---------------------------------
Good cum bak wizz

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 6:58:42 AM PDT
Ryan says:
Donald L. Mcdaniel says:
Krystal,

You should be able to figure out out what Satan did that was evil if you would read the Holy Scriptures
for yourself.
+++++++++++++++++++
You mean you have nothing to offer.
Thanx..

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 7:28:44 AM PDT
You wouldn't know the truth if it came up and bit you. Regardless of the religious beliefs of the Constitution's signers, the Constitution itself has no mention of your god in it. The only reference, in fact, is the clause which says that no religious test can be required to hold a public office.

The references in the Declaration of Independence are to the god of the Deists. That's why they refer to the 'Creator' and not God or Jesus. That's historical fact, not the fantasies you learned in Sunday school.

I have no idea what Liberals have to do with this.

Yes, the government generally favored Christianity at first, and that lasted until the strictures against establishments of religion started to be enforced. Now the government is officially neutral concerning religion, and the country is better off for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 7:32:02 AM PDT
Total, utter and complete nonsense. Apparently your tiny little mind equates liberals with Satan, so you ascribe everything bad to liberals. This post is idiotic; in fact, it's even more idiotic than most of the dreck you post.

There is no other side of evolution. Creationism / Intelligent Design is nothing but "God did it," and not an alternative to what is perhaps the best-supported scientific theory in existence. Your remarks only serve to stress your abysmal ignorance concerning the subject.

And again, the Constitution does not say anything about Christianity. It is a strictly secular document.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 9:17:33 AM PDT
Krystal,

I have much to offer.

But it will make no sense to you at this point in your Journey.
You MUST read the Scriptures for yourself. YOU MUST take the
trouble necessary to learn, rather than listen. Until you personally
learn the difference between good and evil, you will NEVER understand
how all satan's actions are evil.

I am NOT a Catholic priest. I am a lay person, like yourself. I learned
by reading the Holy Scriptures for myself. You must do the same thing.

Sorry, friend, but I'm not going to do YOUR research for you. You are
more than capable of doing your OWN research, using the intelligence
and rationality G-d gives all human beings.

a servant of Christ Jesus,

Donald Lee McDaniel

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 9:53:13 AM PDT
Celsus,

G-d forbid that anything I write should "tempt" you to do anything.
Temptation is not a good thing.

Felix, the Procurator who tried S. Paul also said the same thing
after Paul made his defense before him -- "Almost you persuade
me...". As the saying goes, "almost only counts in horseshoes
and atom bombs."

It is not helpful to be "almost persuaded". It leaves one confused
and lost, along with having a divided mind.

IF we are to be servants of G-d, it must be with a whole heart, not
a divided one. Additionally, if we look at the people, we will not be
looking to Christ Jesus.

Don't let others' behavior decide for you what you believe or don't
believe.

"Why do you hang between two opinions? If G-d is G-d, serve Him.
If not, don't." The words of Elijah to Israel. So, make up your own
mind, and you will be happier, I assure you. Doesn't matter what
you make up your mind about. Just make up your mind.

a servant of Christ Jesus,

Donald Lee McDaniel

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 12:45:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2012 12:50:00 AM PDT
----------------------------------------------------------:
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 2:31:39 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
Jeremy Crockett,
I hear God saying, In the day that you eat of the tree, know that you will die. Not that he would die the very day that he ate, but he would, as you said, surely die sometime.
------------------------------------------
J. Green says
Your a real wizard.

Especially since he didn't die the DAY he ate the fruit as god said.
--------------------------------------------------------
San Diego observation: "J. Green" comment above is incorrect.

The Hebrew original text (of Gen 2:17) simply states "dying you shall surely die" two deaths are detailed. And since only the original languages (Hebrew [Old Testament] & Koine Greek [New Testament]) are qualified by the following statement:

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
----------------------------------------------
As such "all" the individuals posting on these Amazon conversation threads that have the Canon as a subject matter (that do not know the original languages) will be a minimum of six aspects of reality removed from the meanings of the original text, 6 examples (out of many) detailed below.

(1) All translations (most languages of the planet) will naturally lose something when you convert one language to another.

(2) Along with the fact even in one language you will have alteration of meaning from one geographical location to another (life long Cajun speaker vs. life long New Yorker vs. Texan trying to talk to each other).

(3) Or one portion of the time line attempting to converse with another (King James English -1611 KJV and 1769 King James Versions are naturally a poor means of communication [in this day and age] vs. modern English). In the subject matter we are discussing here (Canon) we are 2000 plus years removed from when text was put to written form.

(4) The major cults (or any religious system) that have their own publishing houses will naturally change the content of the original languages texts to "fortify" their specific doctrines that are in direct conflict with the Canon's Hebrew and Koine Greek. That fact alone precipitates necessity (on your part) of a glance at who the publisher happens to be of whatever English text you are glancing at (and if the translation does not line up with the original text then simply throw it out with the rest of the pulp magazines). That being the reason for stated policy in Rev 22:18 - 19.

(5) The Canon has to be interpreted in the time in which it was written. Simple illustration as seen in the following passage (which is how a Jewish marriage "of that time" was conducted) Mat 25:1 thru Mat 25:12.

(6) If the "categories" of "specific" subject matter (in non-canon writings) do not line up with "all" the mentions of any "specific" subject in the Canon (throughout the entire text) then you automatically have (as in any good encrypted text - which the entire Canon is as per the statements that follow this numbered listing) some "written" material that does not meet the following qualifying criteria:

1Pe 1:23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which "lives and abides forever".

Notice what the above comment does "not" say. The writings of Islam, Mormonism, Christian Science, Shintoism, Buddhism, Jehovah Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventist, Hinduism etc. etc. "lives and abides forever".
-------------------------------------------
Note the exclusivity (to only a specific category of humans) of the below (for believers only) and the fact of text being encrypted "mystery", "kept secret", "parables" & "has been hidden" etc.

Mar 4:11 And He said to them, "To you it has been given to know the {mystery} of the kingdom of God; but to those who are outside, all things come in parables,

Mat 13:35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things {kept secret} from the foundation of the world."

And

Rom 16:25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the {mystery kept secret since the world began}

1Cr 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God {in a mystery}, the hidden [wisdom] which God ordained before the ages for our glory,

Eph 1:9 having made known to us the {mystery of His will}, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,

Eph 3:3 how that by revelation He made known to me the {mystery} (as I have briefly written already,
Eph 3:4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ),

Eph 5:32 This is a {great mystery}, but I speak concerning {Christ and the church}.

Col 1:26 the {mystery} which {has been hidden} from ages and from generations, but now has been {revealed to His saints}. Speaks of exclusivity and applicability to Christians only during the last 2000 plus years that the "Church" age has been in existence.

Col 1:27 To them (Christians only) God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of {this mystery} among the Gentiles: which is {Christ in you} (positional present and eternal future reality), the hope of glory.

1Ti 3:9 holding the {mystery} of the faith (Christianity) with a pure conscience.

------------------------------------------------------------------
And the result of the above?

Col 2:10 and you are complete in Him (past tense and eternal future tense applies to born again believers only), who is the head of all principality and power.

Hbr 10:14 For by one offering (the Cross work) He has perfected forever (past, present and eternal future reality) those who are being "sanctified" (Greek text meaning of "sanctified" = "set apart" & refers to the point of physical death when the individual believer is as follows:

2Cr 5:8 "We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord".
----------------------------------------------------------------
In consideration of all the above details you (and anyone else reading this post) would be well advised to:

1) Compare any comment someone makes on these threads (that deal with subject matter of the Canon) with the original text language meanings. If they cannot detail such then do not waste your time. Simply move on with your life.

2) If content of a posted comment is pulled from a translation (as opposed to the original language) then you the reader of necessity have to filter out any ambiguity generated by either the "translation" (being used) or the individual posting the comment own "point of view" or knowledge of the English language (some individuals do not even know difference between English past, present or future tense).

---------------------------------------------------------------

In one or two prior posts I have seen during the last month there has been a "request for eyewitnesses" to this "so called" individual from 2000 years ago. So let us glance at just (3) qualified witnesses (out of many) to who and what that individual known in history as Lord Jesus Christ. Three "Roman Centurions" (professional soldiers/killers) in the employ of a world power that had as its center foundation governmental structure human emperor worship.

Mat 8:8 The centurion answered and said, "Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.
Mat 8:9 "For I also am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to this [one], 'Go,' and he goes; and to another, 'Come,' and he comes; and to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does [it]."
Mat 8:10 When Jesus heard [it], He marveled, and said to those who followed, "Assuredly, I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel!

Or,

Mat 27:54 So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared greatly, saying, "Truly this was the Son of God!"

Or,

Act 10:1 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment,
Act 10:31 "and said, 'Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your alms are remembered in the sight of God.
------------------------------------------------------------
And how did this above mentioned individual (Lord Jesus Christ) function?

Note the following realities (among many).

Luk 4:36 Then they were all amazed and spoke among themselves, saying, "What a word this [is]! For with authority and power He commands the unclean spirits, and they come out."

Mat 7:29 for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

Mar 1:22 And they were astonished at His teaching, for He taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Luk 4:32 And they were astonished at His teaching, for His word was with authority.

Jhn 17:2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
So to finish this up let us go back to the top, the two deaths mentioned in the Hebrew of Gen 2:17 "dying you shall surely die".

Somewhere on the Amazon conversation thread "Prometheus Lass Conversations with San Diego" will be a more detailed coverage of the Hebrew "dying you shall surely die". If you have positive volition (as shown by the Roman Centurions) you can read the full details there behind the original text statement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is full of choices. Here is one for you (and any others who so chose) under the following principle:

Jhn 7:17 "If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine,"

In other words if no positive volition then "God" is not obligated to answer an individuals questions.

If the individual just wants to jaw bone with, taunt, satisfy the favorite flavor of curiosity for the day or would just like to "put" God in his place by exercising their "human" philosophy or intelligence then no answer from God is forthcoming. As was done to the "religious unbelievers" mentioned next.

Mat 21:27 So they answered Jesus and said, "We do not know." And He said to them, "Neither will I tell you by what authority I do these things.

If on the other hand the individual genuinely desires a legitimate conversation with the God of the universe then note the speed, conciseness, objectivity, sufficiency and finality in the following conversation.

Luk 23:41 "And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong."
Luk 23:42 Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom."
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."

Am tired, time to sleep.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 5:58:58 AM PDT
J. Green says:
san diego......Am tired, time to sleep.
------------------------------
God is guilty of the murder of Job's children.
Satan actually did the deed but god is guilty as well.
Finish explaining the morality of your god.

Your last answer....satan did it.

If this is your answer than......shut up

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 6:11:25 AM PDT
J. Green says:
san diego.....Mat 27:54 So when the centurion and those with him, who were guarding Jesus, saw the earthquake and the things that had happened, they feared greatly, saying, "Truly this was the Son of God!"
----------------------------------------------------------
You do like to blather.

This is NOT an eyewitness report.
This is a SECONDHAND REPORT at best.
This is a report by the anonymous writers of Mathew.

You really are clueless beneath the prattle

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 9:30:44 AM PDT
Birutegal says:
brunumb posts, By the way, the Bible also reads,
"And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them." (Jeremiah 13:14)

biru: And with no understanding of scripture do you make your posts, and with no context.

God here is describing future events that will occur to disobedient Israel via the Babylonian invasion. He is not causing this. Notice whenever the Israelites become exceedingly evil, God withdraws his protection of them...actually, the people turning from God...and when the Israelites stepped out from God's protection through their horrific disobedience and cruelty, all hell would break loose. God always warned peoples, giving them time to repent (change direction). Gross evil has to be stopped/punished, one way or another. Otherwise, the world would be filled with great violence, as was the pre-flood condition of the world.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 9:41:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2012 9:43:14 AM PDT
Birutegal says:
Krystal says:
Birutegal says:
A Jewish rabbi explained that what Adam and Eve wanted was to be their own god and determine for themselves what was good and what was evil instead of God.
+++++++++++++++
Was this before or after they ate the apple. Assuming it was why they ate the apple, how does the Rabbi know what they thought, or what they wanted.

Based on their limited experience in the garden, what evil do you suppose they wanted to do, or try.

biru: Before the fall. Satan tempted them, claiming they would be as gods (judges) knowing (endued with; can have) good and evil.

Why second guess "what evil do you suppose they wanted to do, or try?" What would it add to God's message of his gift of salvation to us?

All we need to know is written down, and the results of choosing to follow Satan is clearly observed everyday in men's evil choices and the great pain these evil choices engender.

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 9:43:09 AM PDT
JESUS CHRIST

For the record Jesus "NEVER" met a christian,never started christianity,never wrote one word of the New Testament never preached christian doctrine and never said anyone had to be a born again christian to enter heaven oh yeah and Jesus of Christianity is "dead" and isn't coming back

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 9:49:53 AM PDT
Birutegal says:
Krystal says:
I am still waiting to hear what Evil acts did Satan do.??

No ones offering any.. You all seem to know the bible better than me.

biru: Some of these evil acts have been pointed out. How were you able to miss them?

It was evil for Satan to twist God's Words and to lie to Even, wasn't it? His intentions were not...uh..."good."

Also, the narrative of Job's sufferings which were inflicted by Satan. You don't think what Job and his family suffered wasn't evil?

And scholars recognize that the words of the prophets often have more than one application, either to two events (one near future, one in the past or even far future); re a certain individual and future individuals...or Satan. The Prince of Tyre, for instance, never was in heaven, never was a cherub, etc.

How could those parts of the prophetic utterances have applied to a man?

Again, revelation is progressive and we can know more about Satan when we consider both testaments.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 9:56:39 AM PDT
Birutegal says:
Kry,
You asked if there were 2 trees in the garden when scripture clearly writes about trees and particularly two of them. So, you asking those kinds of questions shows me that you have either not read the Bible, or you forgot what you once read, and then when this is brought up, you move the goalposts and claim you are "guing only where the answers are not logical and rational."

What is "not logical and rational" to assume you don't know scripture and therefore err when you ask such questions?

It isn't the questions you ask, for it's legitimate and good to ask questions; it is your lack of knowledge re scripture that is found wanting and the resulting naysaying about that with which you show meager familiarity. On the level of a preschooler. That's not diminishing you, only pointing out your biblical ignorance. Surprising that one would take up the attitude you display here when knowing/understanding so little.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 9:59:59 AM PDT
Birutegal says:
Excellent post, again, Donald Mcd

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 10:46:50 AM PDT
Gr8fl2bHis says:
This is not true. You misread the Scriptures if you think so. And, yes, the 'fetus' is a real person. The word 'fetus' is Latin and simply means an offspring. Hardly a 'non-person'.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 10:47:27 AM PDT
Gr8fl2bHis says:
A fetus is nothing BUT a person.

A woman is either pregnant, or she's not. She's either with child, or she's not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 10:48:27 AM PDT
Gr8fl2bHis says:
Bir: Life for life was the penalty for causing a woman to miscarry and the child dies as a result.
---------------------------

This is true.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 10:49:13 AM PDT
Gr8fl2bHis says:
Who is hiding? Who is waiting for...?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 10:53:58 AM PDT
Gr8fl2bHis says:
mrs exp: I think the difference is that believing in Jesus and the Bible might mean a change in their life while believing in Plato, Caesar and the others requires nothing from them.
-------------------------------------------

Yes, this is the bottom line.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 10:55:01 AM PDT
Gr8fl2bHis says:
"The simple fact is that you do not WANT to believe them, so you will find excuse after excuse to reject their authenticity and thus, God's authority over your life."

ITA, Jeremy and mrs exp.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 11:19:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 23, 2012 11:27:13 AM PDT
Krystal says:
Jeremy Crockett's post:
Adam's spiritual death was INSTANT. His physical death followed 900 some years later.
+++++++++++++++++
Krystal says:
So what is spiritual death and am I spiritually dead.? Like how can you tell..
-----------------------------------------
San Diego answer.

The following details the "Principle, Mechanics and Application" of individuals who are "spiritually dead".
(PMA).

(PMA) you will note the conversation content again between Christ and Nicodemus.

For brevity and the fact this subject has been addressed in prior posts will only deal with several verses (out of the whole conversation of Jn. 3:1 thru Jhn 3:21). If a reader of this post is not conversant with the whole passage then advisable you read it.

Jhn 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.
Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Jhn 3:10 Jesus answered and said to him, "Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things?
Jhn 3:11 "Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness.

What the above details is that an individual who is not "born again" will not "see" (and in this context if the individual does not "see" then they will not understand). As illustrated by Nicodemus response:

Jhn 3:4 Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
Jhn 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, "How can these things be?"

Notice "Nicci" boy above (a smart "old" man) is thoroughly schooled, knows the entire O.T. by memory along with "full" understanding of the original language, and still has no clue as to what Christ is talking about. Even while they are conversing in the common primary language belonging to each.

All of the above details the following reality. If any individual is not "born again" i.e. has no "human spirit" (if they are just an unbeliever with only an immortal soul & human body) as opposed to a believer who is "born again" (who has an immortal soul, human body and a "human spirit"). Then the unbeliever will not understand the meaning of and content/substance of the Canon.

Note the following (PMA):
Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God,

Simply details one aspect regards "mechanics" of salvation. Since I was once an unbeliever (dichotomous) and as such had no "human spirit" I could not understand spiritual reality any more than Nicodemus above.

When (at some point in the past) I went on positive volition toward the "gospel" then (and only then) did God (the Holy Spirit functioning) step in and act as a "human spirit" thus enabling me (while I was a religious unbeliever - "dichotomous"- body and immortal soul only) to finally understand what Christ was detailing to Nicodemous above and at the instant of full understanding "and" acceptance of said reality did I go from being a religious unbeliever (not born again) to a trichotomous; body, immortal soul and human spirit believer.

The statement "that not of yourselves; it is] the gift of God," refers back to the "saving faith" whereby God the Holy Spirit (functioning as a human spirit in a spiritually dead ("as in Adam all die") individual allows the individual to make an "informed" & "understood" decision to either accept (or reject) Christ and his execution of the absolute righteousness and absolute justice of God on behalf of that (specific) individual (during the second three hours he was on the cross).

Then and only then was the statement made: Jhn 19:30 "It is finished!"

Bottom line application of all the above.

If an individual (unbeliever type) acknowledges the fact of Christ existence roughly 2000+ years ago that does not get them saved.

If an individual (still unbeliever type) acknowledges the historical fact Christ died for the sins of the world, that does not get them saved, even the demons know all of the above:

Luk 4:34 saying, "Let [us] alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are--the Holy One of God!"

And they (demons) are not saved (yet they "know" [not just believe] exactly who Christ is i.e.

Col 2:9 "For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;"

Only when the individual human (as an unbeliever) wants to know who, what, when, where, why, how etc. The reality of God (the second member of the Trinity) and his work (on the Cross) in behalf of that specific individual does the third member of the Trinity step in and make the information perspicuous (as occurred later with Nicodemus). If no positive volition (on the part of a human - such as the Luk 18:18 "certain ruler") then no additional information and no intervention by God the Holy Spirit. God is a gentleman and does not coerce the volition of anyone. If on the other hand the individual "really" wants to know (from positive volition - not just mere curiosity or for the sake of argumentation) then the response from God detailed above and the "mechanics & application" below takes place every time:

Jhn 7:17 "If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or [whether] I speak on My own [authority].

The statement to Nicodemus by Christ in Jn. 3 above is the pivot point. If the individual is not "born again" then all the study, memorization, academic acumen, human knowledge, language proficiency etc in the world will not avail ones understanding of the content of the Canon. Classic examples are Scribes and Pharisees' 2000 years ago or practical application from today is when a mature believer interfaces with unbelievers (religious or not). In my case on this Amazon conversation thread for instance, within a few posts by someone, I am aware as to the composition of the individuals whether they are "dichotomous" (unbeliever) or "trichotomous" (Christians). Simply from the mechanics mentioned above and below:

Below was taken from an addendum on a prior post dated June 9, 2012 also.

What was the m.o. that Christ used with the religious unbeliever Nicodemus?

If he (Nicodemus) could not answer the meaning of "born again" then Christ treated him for what he was i.e. a religious unbeliever

If at some point you become a Christian all that is necessary for you to determine if a mormon elder or a roman catholic priest or a Baptist preacher or a buddhist monk or an islam mullah or a hindu sadhu etc. etc. is a Christian or a religious unbeliever is to ask them quietly and in a non confrontational mode by pointing to the passage of Jn. 3:1 thru 3:10 and asking politely what is the meaning of "born again". If they cannot answer, then you have your answer.

Your interface with the individual will be the same as Christ interface with Nicodemus. Treat them as an unbeliever and give them (if they are on positive volition) the same information (i.e. the gospel) as Christ gave to Nicodemus. If on the other hand the individual is on negative volition. As per "certain ruler" of Luk 18:18ff where the "follow me" reference is to regeneration based on recognizing the individual standing in front of him is God and that his Messiah function will be to die (as an innocent sacrifice) for the sins of the world (but only those who appropriate that fact personally - without human "religious" works added to the mix) will be saved.

(4) Examples:

A. The individual crucified to the right of Christ was saved (after he accepted the above - plus nothing) whereas the scribes and Pharisees standing around the base of the Cross (making sure the new upstart kid on the block was dead physically) went home still "dichotomous" i.e. religious unbelievers.

B. The certain ruler (mentioned above) went home "dichotomous" an unbeliever. But Nicodemus got the point and finally accepted Christ for what he was and was about to do in functioning as the innocent sacrifice "lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world", and in the instant Nicodemus did so he went from being a religious "dichotomous" unbeliever to a "born again" trichotomous" believer.

C. The religious unbeliever "Saul of Tarsus" (having no human spirit - and as such was "dichotomous", body and immortal soul only) chose not to recognize Christ for what he was. Only after he was knocked on his back side and faced with the reality of who he was persecuting did he (change his mind) accept Christ (as finally the individual crucified to the right of Christ & Nicodemus did) and in that instant he became "born again" trichotomous (body, immortal soul and human spirit). And since he was about to be assigned the position of Apostle to the Gentiles it required a change of name to Paul. Reflecting the fact the old "Saul of Tarsus" was no longer a functional reality.

D. And final (stick the knife in and twist it m.o.) comment by Christ as to the reality of all the above examples detailing the difference between religious unbelievers and those who are saved detailed next.

Luk 18:10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector.
Luk 18:11 "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, 'God, I thank You that I am not like other men--extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.
Luk 18:12 'I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.'
Luk 18:13 "And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise [his] eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner!'
Luk 18:14 "I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Notice in all of the above I personally was not involved (even though I am fairly old - I still was not around when all of the above was written) and as such I do not dictate reality to the Canon but rather the Canon (that)

1Pe 1:23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

Dictates reality to (all) the human race (past, present & future). If you have a problem with the way God handles the humans and the angelic creation then your prerogative is to tell him to take a hike. If on the other hand you want to orient to reality (as God dictates it) then at least you have been given the necessary information to make an "intelligent" decision. The choice is yours.

Remember though the passage with Lazarus and the rich man.

Luk 16:19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.
Thru
Luk 16:31 "But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.' "

Is the reality of the time line dictated by God. If the decision is not made before the human dies physically then the option of either being saved or not ceases. As per the comment made by Abraham.

And reemphasized here:

Jhn 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Clock is ticking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2012 11:29:51 AM PDT
J. Green says:
san diego......And they (demons) are not saved (yet they "know" [not just believe] exactly who Christ is i.e.
--------------------------------------
You TRY to act as if you use logic but little statements about existence of demons give you away.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  2490
Initial post:  Jun 10, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions