Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Be The Love Wherever You Are

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1151-1175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 1:42:50 PM PDT
D. S. Clark says:
It was that or silence. You made an attempt to answer my question so I thought that deserved a response. My inability to get something from it could be my fault or yours or neither.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 1:55:59 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
If that's what you want to do, I support ya. From what you've said to me recently, this seems rash and unsupported by your own sense of right thinking, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 1:59:12 PM PDT
There is nothing more to say. I bid you goodbye and good luck.
B.D.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:01:42 PM PDT
Nova,
The bottom line: I am not going to pour my heart out any longer. I'm done.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:02:49 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
There is more to say and you know it. If what *I've* said has caused any of this (too much Advaita, etc. or you didn't like the correspondence), then there is still more to say, but then I'd understand the sweeping nature of your goodbye/dismissal.

If you want to go away for yourself, fine, but the goodbye seems like a slap in the face of our friendship (I'm speaking for DSC and myself here).

If this is another ploy to get attention (don't deny it! ;), then I'm here for you as long as you really need me/us!

Friends let friends go away if we are all on the same page, even if we disagree or if anyone is at wits end.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:04:05 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
I received your heart, so did DSC. States of consciousness can only hear and see what they can hear and see. Fine, you've made your best case for Anth. Someone (many) don't see its beauty. That's life isn't it? In all its guises?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:06:16 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
I'm thinking if you could read the words you've written just the way DSC sees them, you'd understand exactly why he wrote what he wrote. He doesn't have the Theosophical background you and I have is why he can't understand it. The "mess" is his, not yours.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:09:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 2:09:25 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
If this "I'm done" is a wounded heart, I would encourage you to not let "time" heal that wound. I encourage you to set Th = 0. That is, if Th = time to the day of your heart being healed (which usually only amounts to you forgetting why it was wounded in the first place, which is no healing at all), you can heal it by knowing understanding and love do not come from everyone agreeing with each other, but by knowing you love independent of any agreement/disagreement.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:25:43 PM PDT
I disagree. I believe there is more to it than that. But it is not something I can fix.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:31:51 PM PDT
Nova,
Accept my sincere wish that you continue to benefit from this group. I feel there is too much dysfunction here (for whatever reason). Life is leave taking. I'm glad to have known you, but I have not heard anything that would change my mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:33:21 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
Compared to other threads, I find ours most rewarding.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:34:32 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
All of us have been more patient, more kind, more gentle and more wise with each other over the years. That's where I rest my hat. The skirmishes have been karmically inevitable.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 2:35:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 2:35:11 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
Perhaps your karma with us is ending. It is sometimes tough to break free.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 3:01:50 PM PDT
Love may not come from everyone agreeing with each other, but it does have to stem from a minimum level of respect for individual differences. I think DSC has been baiting me for quite a long time now. You do not do that to someone for whom you have respect. I don't want to start dredging up old posts--that's not necessary. I can still love DSC in an abstract kind of way while still sensing that he harbors a perpetual ill will toward me. Nothing sinister mind you, but a kind of unconscious kick the dog reflex.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 3:17:09 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
The differences, however, eventually should not cause either party to sense the kick the dog reflex. If this reflex has been exhibited and recognized by both of you (which I'd claim it has), then both of you worked on it and overcame it.

Anyone's inability to grasp exactly what the other means shouldn't be the difference that continues to look like a duck, quack like a duck and then be called a duck.

For me, this realization is part and parcel to supersenible thinking and recognition. It is one of the main points, imo, of doing a spiritual exercise (say, the green circle surrounded by red band and red circle surrounded by green band).

What I mean is on that last point: If I can fly to the moon spiritually (leave my body in an OBE) or what-not, but cannot spend time with a combatant learning to see him differently in the flying, then I should stop flying and really learn to see a combatant differently.

And, that "differently" can't be seeing what appeared to be a truth that continues to keep us at arms length! Love is saying, "Even if you say you see that in me, I don't see you saying that except to not really disrespect you for having to see me that way!" lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 3:43:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 3:45:57 PM PDT
Nova,
Stop shoulding all over me. This doesn't concern you, and it's pretty obvious at this point that it doesn't concern DSC. I am the only one who is unsettled by this turn of events. Please allow me to own it and DSC to either deal with it or not. There are no right or wrong feelings as long as we own them. I think DSC is repressing something--I can't prove it, but I strongly suspect it. If or when he's ready to examine that possibility is none of my business. I was doing my best to ignore certain provocations, but that's only good for so long. I would appreciate it if you would just leave the shattered pieces where they are. Perhaps one day they can be used for something else. I leave you to explore my own possibilities no worse for the wear.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 3:47:11 PM PDT
jpl says:
Be The Love Wherever You Are

D. S. Clark says: Could there be better advice?

jpl: Explain love.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:32:10 PM PDT
D. S. Clark says:
To love is to intend the highest good for another.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:34:37 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
Love can't be explained. Only experienced. We can point you there. Be nice. Apologize when you make a faux pas. Forgive. Lust. Sex. Rock&Roll. Silence. Renounce! Lift up. Denounce. Break. Destroy. Create. Live. Dream. Interact. Penetrate. Love. (hehe).

I would hate things for a while to see love. I would destest everyone and everything to learn what love is. Taste the chit in life. Imbibe everything you think love isn't, then, whatever's left....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:35:57 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
Yeah. That, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:38:34 PM PDT
jpl says:
D. S. Clark says: To love is to intend the highest good for another.

jpl: What is the highest good?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:38:42 PM PDT
D. S. Clark says:
We are all dogs here and life kicks us on a daily basis. I've been angry at life for a long time because of that. Still am sometimes.

But if you think I do any kicking the way someone would actually kick a dog for no reason, then you need to keep looking. I'm not saying I'm without blame in this. But it seems like my choice is usually between silence and getting you upset.

Which one is better is actually not an easy one to answer. Is it better if I just disappear and shut up? Or is it better to work on this stuff? And then the question comes in whether there's anything to work on. Some "problems" don't actually need solutions...or don't have solutions. I just don't speak your language most of the time and you apparently don't speak mine. But we both keep holding out hope that the other will change. I hope that you will speak plainly and from your own experience. And you keep hoping I will develop a working knowledge of Steiner and Anthroposophy (did I even spell that right?). Neither appears likely anytime soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:43:56 PM PDT
D. S. Clark says:
What the highest good is depends on your perspective...and on theirs. It can change because perspectives change. We can only do the best we can do.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 5:30:27 PM PDT
Nova137 says:
"Do what thou wilt, harm none" shall be the "highest good".

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 6:07:08 PM PDT
DSC: Some "problems" don't actually need solutions...

B.D.: I agree.

DSC: But we both keep holding out hope that the other will change. I hope that you will speak plainly and from your own experience. And you keep hoping I will develop a working knowledge of Steiner and Anthroposophy (did I even spell that right?). Neither appears likely anytime soon.

B.D.: No, it isn't really like that. I don't want you to understand Steiner and Anthroposophy (there are times when I can't follow Steiner either, BTW); I want you to be open to whatever I'm bringing in whether it makes sense or not, because then you have really accepted me. I don't ask that you agree with me. But at the same time, is that all that communication is?--you either agree or disagree, and you need to make up your mind soon? That's not how dialogue works in my brain.

I think that I have spoken plainly and from my own experience on numerous occasions, but sometimes others can express better than I can a very exalted or lofty thought that I've also glimpsed. The post which you didn't like was in answer to a question which you posed. I thought it was a good question, or I wouldn't have answered it.

So listen, I've given this some thought, and I don't want to throw everything away over this business. But I've really come to the conclusion that I don't want to discuss spirituality with anyone anymore. This includes you too, Nova. I'll just pop in from time to time like Craig, just to say "hi" or if the group gets to discussing something fun. *Discussing* spirituality is I guess a bit of a drag. :(
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Christianity forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  1939
Initial post:  Apr 11, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 11, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions