Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

false salvation - are you really saved ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1176-1200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 5:38:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 5:45:57 AM PDT
B. Josephson says:
Or could it be that different people have different gifts of the Spirit, as described in 1 Corinthians 12.

Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.[b] 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

Again, Stephanie, I urge you to quote the Bible if that is what you mean by the word of God.

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 5:49:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 5:51:20 AM PDT
Celsus says:
Stephanie

>>You are seeing through carnal eyes, eyes that are in the world and of the world. You cannot see from any other perspective because the world puts blinders on you that prevent you from seeing what is holy.

You are of the world. I am of God. You cannot see what I see or understand what I understand or know what I know until you accept Christ, give u everything and follow Him.<<

Just another way of saying, "You cannot share my delusions until you also become delusional". No thanks. I much prefer reality to fantasy.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:01:34 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:03:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:10:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 6:12:57 AM PDT
B. Josephson says:
SM: Since you do not know the Bible

Response: I actually have read the Bible, all of it many times.

Are you always so rude to people Stephanie?

And unlike you, I have been quoting it to support what I say.

If you are trying to make people angry with your rude posts, you are succeeding.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:17:02 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:03:52 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:21:21 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:03:58 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:28:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:04:04 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:29:08 AM PDT
B. Josephson says:
SM: . I did not realize that you do not know the Bible

Response: No, I was suggesting that if you say the word of God is what you are preaching, and you are preaching the word of God, you should be quoting form the Bible, not telling us what it says. You may think that you can say things better than the Bible authors, but I do not think you are doing a better job. In fact, I would say quiting one verse here, and one verse there destroys the meaning of the text. So you just suggest John 10: 2-5, when it takes more verses than that to understand the text:

Here is John 10 with more context:

Verily truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice." 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7 Therefore Jesus said again, "Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

14 "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me- 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father -and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life -only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:38:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 6:41:05 AM PDT
B. Josephson says:
sm: Not being rude, just honest. I can only go by what you show me. I have no desire to anger anyone, perhaps it is a carnal reaction to conviction you are experiencing?

Response: No it is a reaction to a rude person who excuses their rudeness, but claiming that God is telling them what to say. While this may make you sad, I do consider the Bible more authorative than the words of Stephanie.

SM: But I will say that reading the Bible is not the same as studying it under the influence of the Holy Spirit

Response: Or parroting what you learned from your preacher or denomination/

Why do you think you can teach the Bible better than quoting form the Bible itself. Do you think your own words are equal to those of the Bible?

Should we print your words up, since you claim they are spirit filled, and put them alongside the Bible?

Which is better direct quotes from the Bible or Stephanie with her spirit filled words?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:40:01 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:04:11 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:43:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 6:53:21 AM PDT
B. Josephson says:
Stephanie: sm: So your pastor only preaches in scripture. He never explains? Where is the wisdom in that

Response: All preachers explain, but I do not think that everything they explain is correct. Do you?

I think that too many preachers hardly ever quote from the Bible at all, and only cherry pick verses out of context to support their own beliefs.

Look at the example I gave from John 10 it says that people did not understand the verses you gave, but that Jesus gave the explanation. Why would you only ciite verses 2-5, and not include the verses where Jesus himself gave the explanation? Makes no sense to me.

There are parts of the Bible where the meaning may be hard to understand, but this is not one of them--as long as you quote enough verses.

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:56:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:04:18 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 6:59:40 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:34:12 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:01:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 7:12:43 AM PDT
B. Josephson says:
Stephanie: sm: You are quite combative. That is indicative of a carnal response to conviction.
I am sorry that you are not spirit filled

Response: Again extremely rude. And extremely judgmental.

Stephanie: James 1:19-20
19 This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.

Response: Practice what you preach. And don't be so judgmental of others. Just because somone disagrees with Stephanie does not mean they are in opposition to God. I have asked others to quote more from the Bible and they have agreed to do it. They have not gotten into an argument about it.

But nice avoidance of answering my questions...

Here they are again Stephanie:

Why do you think you can teach the Bible better than quoting from the Bible itself. Do you think your own words are equal to those of the Bible? Should we print your words up, since you claim they are spirit filled, and put them alongside the Bible? Which is better direct quotes from the Bible or Stephanie with her spirit filled words.

Willing to answer them now Stephanie?

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:04:18 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:04:24 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:09:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 7:10:28 AM PDT
B. Josephson says:
Stephanie: My pastor explains and is very Biblical. His teaching holds up against the Word of God every time.

Reponse; Well, I do not think any person, myself included, is infallible in doctrine.

Best Wishes,
Shaamba Kaambwaat

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:13:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:04:30 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:15:04 AM PDT
kathy is very confused

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:16:14 AM PDT
how can you respect the false path

you can respect kathys freedom to choose andor reject the true path
but you cant respect the false paths can you ?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:16:58 AM PDT
good question

we have told her

she rejects it

shake the dusty bits off our keyboards and move on ?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:20:42 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 31, 2012 8:55:07 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:21:26 AM PDT
why should people quote bible verses

that is a turn off to many people
and is too often used to trick people by cherry pickign one verse thta they like but is contradicted by others that they ignore

just sayign the same thing in simple english works better imho

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:23:04 AM PDT
wombat

why are you so thin skinned ?

sounds liek sm hit on one of your weak spots unintentionally

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:23:52 AM PDT
that may help shambat

but most people are not going to look them up

you really need to say what you have to say in english
then append verses for those who are retentive

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:24:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 7:25:07 AM PDT
B. Josephson says:
SM : sm: I did reply but you chose to ignore it.
When a spirit filled person, one of God's anointed, an apostle, is teaching, the words do come from God. They deepen your understanding of scripture. (Matthew 10:20, Ephesians 4:11, Hebrews 1:1)

Response: So you claim to be an apostle?

bj: But nice avoidance of answering my questions... Here they are again Stephanie Why do you think you can teach the Bible better than quoting from the Bible itself. Do you think your own words are equal to those of the Bible? Should we print your words up, since you claim they are spirit filled, and put them alongside the Bible? Which is better direct quotes from the Bible or Stephanie with her spirit filled words.

sm: I did reply but you chose to ignore it.

Response: No you did not Stephanie. You did not answer one of these questions.

Did the spirit tell you to say you answered things you did not?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  82
Total posts:  2126
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions