Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

false salvation - are you really saved ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 1:26:22 PM PDT
Tinker says:
I grew up when we had two week revivals twice a year. I have heard these sermons although I prefer a little quieter approach :). Any way you read or say it, hell will be a terrible place where none will want to be.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 1:46:33 PM PDT
IFeelFree says:
Cheri: To me the big thing is the complete absence of God and all this will mean.

IFF: God is not absent from any location. However, we can be unconscious of God. That is hell and doesn't require going to some far-away place. Many people in this life are already in hell.

Cheri: Jesus died so any who ask forguveness and invite Him into their lives will be with God throughout eternity.

IFF: A single act of surrender to God is a good start. However, it takes more than that to truly know God. It is process of spiritual transformation or spiritual awakening that may take a lifetime.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 2:58:50 PM PDT
They think that it is so easy--just accept Jesus Christ and it is all fixed. Sorry, but I have found that is just the beginning.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 3:39:50 PM PDT
reply to mrs exp's post:

i heard one in tenth grade english

a jonathan edwards rerun

darn near half the class repented on the spot

admittedly teh heat has been reduced since his time
but i heard many of them when i was growing up

now they talk more about feelign good , voting right, whatever

or they get lost in theological minutae that would bore a seminary graduate class

i suspect lots of SB churches in the south have them occasionaly

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 3:41:55 PM PDT
reply to Celsus's post:

that is one view

i think it is more to the arrogance and ego of men that they try to outdo each other to dig out some irrelevant minutae in a single pixel of the BIG PICTURE that they only see noise

in other words they can see the forest for the trees

step way back and see the MESSAGE that the bible contains
and stop worrying about the noise that contaminates the image

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 3:42:53 PM PDT
reply to Cheri's post:

wish we could

our cable provider does not get cbc channels or programs

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 3:43:28 PM PDT
reply to NeoPaganBaby's post:

God gave you free will when He made you

dont credit me for what He did

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 4:47:25 PM PDT
Celsus says:
whomper

>>step way back and see the MESSAGE that the bible contains
and stop worrying about the noise that contaminates the image<<

There is no basic message in the Bible. Everyone interprets it differently - hence the 1000s of cults and sects it has spawned. And this comes back again to the Bible's contradictory and confusing nature. Surely a genuine God could do better than this.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 4:51:02 PM PDT
Tinker says:
It isn't 'just fixed', although I can see where you might think this. Have you ever hurt someone and needed to ask them to forgive you?

I can remember one time I did something and the struggle inside to go to the person and let them know I was sorry and ask forgiveness. It was hard, I was embarrassed and concerned they wouldn't forgive me. Part of me felt it wasn't that bad and I didn't need to say anything. I did go to them and there was such relief when they accepted my apology.

Jesus forgave our sins and He will forgive us. There might be consequences of what we did, such as pain or punishment from society, but God made he way so our soul can be clean and pure.

The biggest stumbling block is pride. So many feel it wasn't that bad or they are basically good people or they can 'pass go and not pay $200 or go to jail'.

We aren't perfect when we accept Jesus, He accepts us just as we are. However we are then forgiven and made new from the inside out.

This is the real beginning of our journey with Christ. As we grow we will become more like Him each day if we stay close in study and prayer.

I am learning more each day and will until I take my last breath and go to be with Him. Until then, I have the peace that passes understanding and a joy that never ends.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 4:52:06 PM PDT
Tinker says:
It is a link on your computer, not on cable. Just type it in your search box.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 5:15:46 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
Cheri,
I have never thought about going to hell. In the church I went to as a child and teenager they didn't believe in hell. So it wasn't mentioned.

But what was mentioned is the joy we would have when Jesus returned and we could see him face to face, where we could worship him in person and not from far away. So I was taught the good without having to fear the bad.

And yes they did teach that God would judge the sinners, but it was death after they realized what they had done to miss being with God. They were alive forever, they died.

exp

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 5:19:30 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Believers in Christ will never have to worry about what happens after death. Unbelievers who chose to not accept His forgiveness will go to hell. This is the choice God gives to each person.

It is a reality and why I share here on the internet. I want no one to go to hell because they haven't heard the good news of Jesus Christ. The Bible tells us every one will know by God's guidance and the proof around us in our world that there is a creator.

There are those who don't want to love God or Jesus and this is their choice. It saddens me, but I can only share and the conviction comes from Him.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 5:27:26 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
Cheri,
Do you ever think about the people who lived and died without hearing about Jesus or even Jews. I have wondered about them since I was very young. Then I put it like what happens to the native who died the day before the missionaries got there.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 5:36:08 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Yes, i have thought and studied about it but the scriptures tell us God will show everyone within that He is the way. It might be in a dream, the sun moon and stars, or His still small voice.

Everyone has His leading even if they have never heard. In today's world even those in the deepest areas of China or Africa have heard about Jesus. It is amazing when I see "Travel the Road" where they went to a village where no man had ever been, just the natives. They shared Christ and they had heard about Him and that day most of the village accepted Him at that moment.

God is God and I don't understand all His ways but I know He is fair and just. People know good from evil in their hearts and God sees their heart.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 5:52:45 PM PDT
mrs exp says:
Cheri,
Well I leave it to God who I trust. The Nestorians went as far as China and so it is possible that some of the people still had memories of Jesus handed down from their ancestors. And we don't know all the places that the "other" apostles and disciples went. So it is possible. So I will continue to trust God who is loving and merciful and just.
exp

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 6:35:54 PM PDT
reply to Cheri's post:

okay

does it use flash ?

my security software blocks flash

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 6:59:45 PM PDT
Tinker says:
I can see it on my iPad so I don't think so. You can just click on the link and it should take you right there. The next airing is right now :) Next at 10, then 11, etc., all week.

Posted on Apr 8, 2012 7:01:29 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Here is the link, just clip and paste ~

http://live.mediasocial.tv/cbc

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 7:38:15 PM PDT
reply to Cheri's post:

i get the church website
no video no music just a home page

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 7:57:50 PM PDT
I think it is more important to be one with Jesus so we can learn from him how to do what he does.

I know that God loves me just as I am. Now it is time for me to work being able to hear God when he/she/it tells me to do something. That is the hard work.

I cannot imagine apologizing to God. I have no problem apologizing to anyone if I have done something wrong, but I was not damaged goods before I became one with Jesus.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 8:32:19 PM PDT
Tinker says:
If you are on the home page, click on the online link. I'm not sure why it didn't go straight to the video site. The link I just gave takes me right there.

Just follow through to the online message.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 8:35:26 PM PDT
Tinker says:
Everyone sins, no matter if it is as small as a white lie. God can't look on sin because He is love and pure. This is why Jesus came to take our sins on Himself so we can be forgiven.

We all need to ask for forgiveness. Maybe apologizing is not the right word, but sincere repentance is required.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 8:37:45 PM PDT
What you define as sin, I define as my needing to advance spiritually so I can operate at the level so I can hear the voice of God. The way I look at my relationship to God is that I just do as I am told now that I can hear from he/she/it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 8:38:41 PM PDT
Tinker says:
I just checked the link again. Click on Community Bible - media. It took me right there. I'm not sure why it is different than earlier today. Let me know if this doesn't work, I'll look for another link.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2012 8:42:13 PM PDT
Tinker says:
We can only go forward if we have His Spirit within us and we have been changed, born again spiritually.

God is Spirit but is referred in scripture as He, not it or she.

We can do nothing in and of ourselves, only through Him can we forgiven and new.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  82
Total posts:  2126
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions