In our last episode, I gave some of the arguments against Mary's sinlessness:
1) Romans 3:23 -- doesn't apply to Mary
2) Infinite Regress of Sinless Grannies -- patently silly.
3) "It's not in the Bible" -- doesn't have to be, although God's holiness, sinners' inability to withstand God's glory, and OT Marian typology, all of which are in Scripture, point to it.
4) "Only Catholics believe it." -- That's an argument?
5) "Catholics didn't believe it until 1854." -- History proves otherwise.
Then I found some more:
6) Luke 1:47 -- God saved Mary from sin by keeping sin from entering her when she was conceived. Mary then continued, eventually saying, "(F)or he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name" (Luke 1:49).
7) Luke 2:22-24: Mary and Joseph offered two turtledoves because a woman who'd had a baby was RITUALLY UNCLEAN. Having a baby is NOT a sin (aborting one is).
8) The Church Fathers weren't in unanimity on the matter, or didn't think so: Oh, puh-LEEZ give me a break!
Did I leave anything out this time?
ADDENDA: Yes, someone came up with something not included above:
"(I)f you knew how a female body nourishes a baby, you'd know that no blood is mingled."
Sin enters the child at the moment of conception (Ps 51:5), inside the mother's womb. "No intermingling of blood" doesn't matter. God wouldn't want to be inside a sinner anymore than the _shekinah_ would remain inside a defiled temple (as if a placenta would stop sin, anyway).
Recent discussions in the Christianity forum
AnnouncementAmazon Discussions Feedback Forum
|1042||Apr 5, 2016|
|Dispensations and the Gospels:||8767||1 minute ago|
|A new improved Bible!||133||3 minutes ago|
|Great book (Jesus:The Great Debate) shows proof of Christ existing and the Bible offers many scientific truths anyway (like sea animal life created before land animal life and man created last )||42||3 minutes ago|
|How do I become Christian?||24||5 minutes ago|
|Part 2- the Newer Thread||7419||5 minutes ago|
|Suggestion: Let the next OSAS preaching thread die.||83||23 minutes ago|
|Catholic-Protestant Discussion Part XXXV||2371||34 minutes ago|
|My Mob's pub and coffee shop. Part the Eleventh||3589||51 minutes ago|
|Harvard University test results show that homosexuality is indeed caused by parental neglect --that is from Harvard mind you!||2727||55 minutes ago|
|Transgender Individuals||1535||1 hour ago|
|Six reasons Christianity is a false faith, based on a false god||9639||1 hour ago|