Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

Is the US - "The Whore Of Babylon"/"Mystery Babylon" - receiving its Judgment?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 61 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2012 3:03:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 6:11:20 AM PST
"I will execute judgment on him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I Am God."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't the US - "the whore of Babylon"/"Mystery Babylon" - receiving its judgment? The 2nd definition of 'Babylon' is "any city that lacks morality and where greed and excess luxury rules". Two major storms hitting New York City in two years. Hurricane Sandy & Sandy Hook Elementary. Over 50% of US is in drought. Huge Govt deficit that continues to grow out of control. The War In Afganhistan is lost. The US is 25th globally in math & science. Etc.

We've also seen the literal "destruction of Babylon" (Rev Ch 14, 16, 17, 18) with the War In Iraq and the US & Polish troops greatly harming the archaeological site of the ancient ruins of Babylon 50 miles south of Baghdad in 2003 (google that).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 3:51:22 AM PST
Lenten Lily says:
You aren't God. So "judge" away. You'll be judged more so.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:10:09 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 18, 2012 12:25:13 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 6:40:25 AM PST
Lenten Lily says:
I do say he is wrong. He IS wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:01:26 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 18, 2012 12:25:23 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 7:02:46 AM PST
Revelations 17 is one of the more difficult chapters of the bible. I'm not sure if any man grasps the full meaning of it yet. God may not have intended we understand every detail of it yet.

What Revelations does say is that before God's 7 vials of final judgement of the earth and Jesus stopping the final war as "King of Kings" there will be a revived roman empire which persecutes nations for the last 42 months. 10 prime ministers of western Europe will surrender all their authority to the anti-christ then he will take a seat in the "holy place" Daniel spoke of which is often said to be a new jewish temple on Mt. Moriah in Jerusalem. I also wonder if this "holy place" could be the empty shell of the Vatican after the true catholic believers have been raptured.

Matthew 24 is more straightforward. When the gospel is preached in every nation, real Christians will be hated and plotted against, false teachers and false doctrine will increase, and the love of many shall wax cold. This is the part of prophecy happening in the USA. I don't doubt we are going through a judgement or "sifting" of some kind.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:01:38 AM PST
JagdTiger says:
We have been called the new "babylon empire" but other countries may be involved such as england,germany,etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:06:22 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 11:07:30 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:10:49 AM PST
The 2nd definition of 'Babylon' is "any city that lacks morality and where greed and excess luxury rules". I added this to the op.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:13:19 AM PST
A Customer says:
The US is "the whore of Babylon"?

Wait till horsie shows up, he's going to be mad about this

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 11:27:55 AM PST
Lenten Lily says:
You are a SPAMMER, Brad Watson.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:44:40 AM PST
Are you referring to the "7 Seals" & "4 Horsemen"? Ronald(6) Wilson(6) Reagan(6) liked to ride a horse and be photographed doing it.

Synchronism: 12/19/12 08:42 "There might be a subliminal message there" - Jimmy Kimmel Live ad on ABC

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 1:13:39 AM PST
Babylon...

I looked into the word and discovered that it is a very interesting Word.

Interesting in that there is a God, called "On"
Priests of On are mentioned in the OT, who visited Abraham when they were in Egypt.
EL is the Word that means God.
Then the God ElyON is mentioned in Psalm 91: He that dwelleth in the secret place of Elyon
The Holy Mount of God in Jerusalem is Zion - or more Zi-On
Bab is the word that means GATE.
The Temple in Jerusalem has some gates with names that begin with "Bab-"
BAB -EL ON => Gate to the God ON ??
I think there is something there to be researched and discovered.
Is the Gate of God a physical place, like Iraq or the USA? Is there a Gate of God inside of us?

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 1:52:51 AM PST
I whore of Babylon I think - is Lilith
She rides on the Beast (Azazel)

Perhaps it is worth finding out who Lilith and Azazel is?

http://www.bitterwaters.com/Azazel/Azazel.html

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 6:05:34 AM PST
RL,

Do you have a dictionary? Please use it and look up 'Babylon'. Do you have a Bible? Please read The Revelation Chapters 14, 16, 17, and all of 18 and concentrate on the use of "Babylon" there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:25:37 AM PST
Raulito says:
Brad,

"Do you have a dictionary? Please us it and look up "Babylon" Do you have a Bible? Please read Revelation chapters 14, 16, 17, and all of 18 and concentrate on the use of 'Babylon" there"

Tell us all about it Brad. And please, we don't need a dictionary to understand the Bible. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:30:39 AM PST
The Báb (1819-1850)

"On May 23, 1844, in Shiraz, Persia, a young man known as the Báb announced the imminent appearance of the Messenger of God awaited by all the peoples of the world. The title Báb means "the Gate." Although Himself the bearer of an independent revelation from God, the Báb declared that His purpose was to prepare mankind for this advent."

http://info.bahai.org/the-bab.html

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 10:26:52 AM PST
Acts5v29 says:
Good evening,

The "whore of Babylon" cannot possibly be receiving her judgement at this time, nor can it possibly be the US. Brad, after my off-forum answer you understand why - so would you like to take the credit and explain the reason why?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 10:52:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 10:53:32 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 11:04:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 11:07:18 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 7:18:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2013 7:19:49 AM PST
<<Do you have a Bible? Please read The Revelation Chapters 14, 16, 17, and all of 18 and concentrate on the use of "Babylon" there.>>

Dear Brad

The Book of Revelation in the Bible is a massive fabrication. I read the Essene book of Revelation, which predates the Biblical book of Revelation and it was evident how much of the Essene book of Rev found its way into this fabrication/Forgery.
So I dont take much of the NT to heart, as most of it is fabrication anyway. The OT still has much validity due to the Kabbalistic content IF YOU ARE willing to use your STRONGS Concordance and look at the Hebrew translations for the Kabbalistic content. In the English translations, the Kabbalistic content has been removed and erased, sadly.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 7:20:54 AM PST
OMG - how can anyone take the Brad dude seriously? His ignorance is only exceeded by his arrogance!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2013 7:23:21 AM PST
Lenten Lily says:
Catholics don't need one anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 5:53:47 AM PST
United(6 letters) States(6) Dollar(6)

Ronald(6) Wilson(6) Reagan(6): "1st Beast"

George Walker Bush Jr.: "2nd Beast"
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  61
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions