Customer Discussions > Christianity forum

The 'Book of Mormon' is a fraud! Jospeh Smith & Brigham Young were con artists!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2013 12:11:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2013 10:13:12 AM PDT
Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were con artists and The Book of Mormon was/is a fraud. A million+ members of the Church of Latter-Day-Saints have been duped!

There are many websites that explain this deception when you google: Joseph Smith con artist.

I recently saw 'Ancient Aliens', 'Angels and Aliens' on History Channel (H2) where they presented that possibility that the angel Moroni who appeared to the 17-year-old Joseph Smith was an extraterrestrial. They weren't convinced of this themselves and neither am I.

As a scientist and mathematician, I think in terms of probability. I'd say there's a 1% possibility that Joseph Smith received a true visit from an angelic being and then it's 50/50 that that angel was an ET.

Let's hear everyone's take on the origins of this Christian denomination that until Mitt Romney became the Republican nominee for president, was considered a cult by most mainstream Christianity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bible although it has its contradictions and ancient Hebrews' agenda, is a work of history by many authors over a couple thousand years. The Book of Mormon is NOT a work of history; it was a fraud perpetuated by Joseph Smith and continued by Brigham Young and other Mormon leaders.

I first read the Book of Mormon about 25 years ago. I questioned its origins, but thought it taught some valuable lessons, so I promoted it! But in recent years, I've realized that because its origins are fraudulent and it's being promoted as historical fact, it can't be considered as a 'positive non-fiction work'. Furthermore, Mitt Romney brought to light that the core Right-wing values of almost all Mormons are the OPPOSITE OF THE LIBERAL CHRIST!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, LDS are Christians, but they have been misled to believe that the Book of Mormon is a historical account of Jesus son of Joseph - several centuries after his crucifixion on Fri. April 7, 30 AD - visiting North America that is inhabited with the 'Lost Tribes of Israel'. Did I get that right?

How good is your intuition: immediate recognition of the truth? Who can ultimately answer the question of whether Joseph Smith was a con-artist promoting a fraud or legitimately promoting gold plates that only he saw with a 1,400 year-old history that only he could interpret that defies archaeology, DNA evidence, and medical science? Would the return of the Christ be able to settle this issue?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 12:15:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 12:15:39 PM PST
Big Wind from Miami alleges:
"Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were con artists"

Something like you, it appears.
Abuse reported.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 1:49:32 PM PST
A classic "takes one to know one" situation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 2:00:11 PM PST
Lily says:
Good grief. You're a Mormon hater too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 2:01:29 PM PST
Brad doesn't seem to like any competition.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 2:01:53 PM PST
Lily says:
I reported it too. This whole thread needs to be removed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 2:02:34 PM PST
Iatric says:
Brad is in love with Brad

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 2:02:37 PM PST
Lily says:
*chuckle* Why should he? He thinks he's Jesus Christ.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 2:03:04 PM PST
Lily says:
Yep.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 2:06:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 2:07:33 PM PST
The Book of Mormon, the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, the Q'ran, Science & Health, Dianetics and other "sacred writings" are all frauds to the extent they make reality claims that are untrue.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 2:16:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 2:26:12 PM PST
Ann Eliza Young's Wife No. 19: The Life & Ordeals of a Mormon Woman During the 19th Century provides a fascinating expose of the early history of the Mormons.

She discusses all the "celestial marriages"--with guarantees of salvation and entry into the coming kingdom--that Smith weaseled for himself. When Smith went after Sidney Rigdon's young daughter, Rigdon took off with his daughter before Smith could seduce her?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 7:43:27 PM PST
tokolosi says:
I understand that The Book Of Mormon is a kick-ass play; properly disrespectful and blasphemous among other things.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 8:42:35 PM PST
I read the BoM last year at the request of a Mormon friend. My overall impression was that it was a poor imitation of the Bible, mindlessly redundant and loaded with anachronisms that betray a serious lack of understanding of timing and chronology on the part of its writer - Joseph Smith. It was evident to me that it was the work - not of a series of writers, as is its claim - but of a single man.

If it was translated, as it is claimed, by seer stones and urim and thummim, that would suggest that it was a product of divination, which is condemned in the Scriptures. And, of course, it was translated from golden scrolls that no longer exist, which is a serious issue. It would take a lot of faith for anyone to believe in it, and millions of LDS folks do. And, they seem to be pretty happy with their religion. How does one argue with that? If they are the victims of fraud, they seem not to care. They want very much to believe it, so what do you do?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:51:45 PM PST
Hi Brad, how are the crusades going?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:53:20 PM PST
...and Ta...da.... The secret.

Budda-boom (tish).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:54:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2013 8:57:39 PM PST
Funny how he saw so many wives in his hat.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:54:26 PM PST
M. Russell says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:54:59 PM PST
M. Russell says:
you are reporting false abuse.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:56:26 PM PST
M. Russell says:
Is that the only word you know, is HATE?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2013 8:57:20 PM PST
M. Russell says:
I now see why you get so many thumbs down. You are vicious on here!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 6:36:30 AM PST
Lily says:
You need to realize the Book of Mormon ISN'T the Bible. Nor do LDS members claim it is. It is their church's COMPANION to the Bible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 6:41:35 AM PST
Lily says:
Read Brad Watson's posts in his other threads. He claims to be Jesus Christ AND the reincarnation of Albert Einstein.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 7:46:36 AM PST
Iatric says:
It was just a statement of fact. Brad has claimed to be the 2nd coming of Christ many times.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2013 10:58:49 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 11:06:09 AM PST
Acts5v29 says:
There is a critique of the Book of mormon - contemporary with its founder - which is quite enlightening:

False Prophet- The Anti Mormon Writings of the 1830's

Not to be critical of its sincere members, though.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 190 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Christianity forum
Participants:  83
Total posts:  4736
Initial post:  Jan 3, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions