Customer Discussions > Classic Movie forum

the restaurant at the other end of the universe

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4626-4650 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 12:46:34 PM PDT
ĴĴ says:
Motometrist,

I've never danced in a toga with Mrs. Danvers. That was just a shower curtain.

With chocolate,
It's all Greek to JJ

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 1:21:44 PM PDT
Re: "If you are into Küng..."

I saw that movie on TV. The best part was when the savage natives snuck onto the boat and snatched the blonde woman for the big gorilla.

;)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 1:25:45 PM PDT
HeyHey it's JJ,

Dancing in a shower curtain with Mrs. Danvers, that's good-- two Hitchcock concepts in one post!

We all go a little Madeline Elster sometimes... (ooh, another reference, lol)

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 3:15:49 PM PDT
"I'm actually drinking a sodie right now...A Toast! To my friend Gorgar, musician, movie lover and all around great guy, but not nessarilly in that order. Jack of all trades, Master of none" and Nancy throws her piece of toast at Gorgar hitting the lucky part of his head. "HUZZAH!!"

Note...that toast can be eaten in Emergencies, you never know.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 5:32:59 PM PDT
ronzo says:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GORGAR!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 5:36:20 PM PDT
ronzo says:
Nancy,

Re: "Note...that toast can be eaten in Emergencies, you never know."

I loved that.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 5:51:46 PM PDT
Gaius,
Re:"Note...that toast can be eaten in Emergencies, you never know."
Can you eat sand?

Sandy Duncan

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:51:39 PM PDT
Gorgar says:
"Mmmm....GORGAR! Got YOU!"

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 8:54:20 PM PDT
Gorgar says:
If Sandy Duncan is looking a 'certain' way, she'll never see the joke! (Doh!)
Sammy Davis Jr. and Peter Falk could relate to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 9:18:24 PM PDT
There's an episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" called The Glass Eye. I never forgot the ending.

It featured Jessica Tandy as a spinster obsessed with a ventriloquist (and also starred William Shatner as a minor character and narrator).

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 12:22:22 AM PDT
Its always in the SANDwiches (GROAN). Seriously, when we would go to the beach at South Padre Island when I was a wee girl, the bolonga sanwiches always had sand in them, made them crunchy!! :P

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 3:42:20 AM PDT
ragroG,
Re:"If Sandy Duncan is looking a 'certain' way...."
OK smart guy. I've got my eye on you.

framsus,
Tomsus

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 3:46:58 AM PDT
Baron Sardonicus,
Re:...called The Glass Eye.
That's interesting. THE OUTER LIMITS had an episode written by Harlan Ellison called, THE DEMON WITH THE GLASS HAND. I have that whole series (1963-65) on DVD. Coincidenza?

Simarf,
Motzky

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 3:49:47 AM PDT
Gaius,
Re:"...the bolonga sanwiches..."
BTW, "groan" is right...but clever. I love bologna sandwiches. I had two of them yesterday. Never tried it with sand though.

Simarf,
Mot

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 6:42:00 AM PDT
Gorgar says:
Demon With The Glass Hand is a great story penned by non-other than the world's crankiest Jew....Harlan Ellison! ;^)
I prayed to Harlan, and he took care of the neighbor's barking dogs in five minutes with a baseball bat! (borrowed that line from George Carlin)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 9:21:07 AM PDT
ragroG,
Re:"Harlan Ellison"
And yet he's such a mild mannered guy! :)
When the Sci-Fi Channel first started he actually had a Saturday morning half hour show from his unbelievable library, on at least 2 floors. His temper has gotten him fired from more TV jobs, the first and best remake of THE TWILIGHT ZONE, THE STARLOST and one other show. This guys aboot 5'4" in heels but what a bark. And man, does he hate Gene Roddenberry. I hope you've read his GUARDIAN ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER which includes his script, which dispells a lot of rumors aboot it. E.g. Scotty isn't a drug dealer. And contains his completely unbiased account of several STAR TREK experiences including scripts for the movies. He's still promising volume 3 of the DV trilogy called, THE FINAL DANGEROUS VISIONS. It's only been aboot 40 years. He sure is fun though. Did you ever catch the episode of CIMMARON STRIP(1967-68) he wrote? I loved that series.

Simarf,
Motzky

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 10:27:18 AM PDT
Motzky,

I'd buy the entire Outer Limits on video if MGM didn't release the series on those double-sided cheapo discs that always seem faulty. I bought season one but waited quite a while to open it, then discovered some of the discs were bad. Same thing happened with season two of Green Acres. Same studio, too.

Caveat emptor,
Baron

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 11:05:52 AM PDT
My Lord Baron,
Re:"Caveat emptor"
Gee, I bought both seasons close to ten years ago. I remember waiting for them to come down in price then I finally got the used all for under $20.00 they're perfect, I've watched them all a few times so I guess I lucked out. I know they were re-packaged and sold right aboot the time I got my initial set. I love watching those SF noir shows. I like the remake and I have a package of 6 DVDs of that each one a different theme, e.g. Time Travel, Outer Space, etc.

Simarf,
Mot

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 11:34:21 AM PDT
Gorgar says:
Tom, I used to watch Harlan's show every Saturday morning, and my girlfriend at the time (8 years ago, at least), really wasn't happy with me after seeing how much I loved him! ;^)
Oh well, the woman wasn't that smart.
I'll have to find Guardian On The Edge Of Forever, and would LOVE to read The Final Dangerous Visions when the cranky old dude gets it published.
Never saw the Cimmaron Strip episode, either, but thanks for the knowledge. My favorite novel by the old Jew is still Spider Kiss, btw.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2012 2:07:25 PM PDT
Tomicus Promicus,

I do like "The Outer Limits" too. It's got so much imagination. And I enjoy the black and white photography. Glad your discs of the show are perfect!

Zzzzzzzz,
Baron Beeware

Posted on Aug 12, 2012 8:25:06 AM PDT
.et al.,
Re:"Restaurant trivia."
I thought it would be nice to reactivate our trivia contests. Same rules, it lasts as long as it last, any subject is fair game, no looking up answers. I think my first question is a fairly easy one:

Who is Admiral Sir Miles Messervy?

framis,
TPM

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 1:45:07 PM PDT
Mr. TPM,

I don't know the answer. However if you say it's fairly easy, I feel quite the dolt! ;)

Baron Bungle

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 2:01:57 PM PDT
dustman says:
TPM

Just by chance I recently reread (for about the third time) "The Man With the Golden Gun". I hadn't remembered that Admiral Sir Miles Messervy was revealed as being none other than the mysterious "M" of Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Am I correct sir?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 2:28:08 PM PDT
man of dust,
Re:"...M" of Her Majesty's Secret Service."
You are Correct Sir! Extremely well done. Bonus points if you can tell me "Q's" name. It is in the film THE SPY WHO LOVED ME that both M and Q are referred to by name. I love reading Fleming's classics. I'm old enough to remember when the Bond novels were listed on the best seller list that was printed each week at the back of TIME magazine. I believe the first one I remember seeing was ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE. (which is actually my all time favorite Bond Movie).
There's no rule on asking Restaurant Trivia questions, we don't have to take turns. If this becomes a theme at this joint, as so many little things do, e.g. Movie lines, music lyrics, commercials, etc. It'll have it's own shelf life.
Gee, you may even win a "No-Prize."

Simarf,
Mot

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2012 2:31:05 PM PDT
Baron Bungle,
Re:"I feel quite the dolt!"
Rubbish, you mean you "appear" the dolt!

Kindly,
Motzly
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Movie forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Aug 18, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions