Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

STORIES /PILOT/ FASTBALLThree unsung bands - any fans out there?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2012 5:22:57 AM PDT
STORIES/PILOT/FASTBALL - Three unsung bands-any fans out there?

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 2:51:27 PM PDT
Are you kidding me ? No fans of these artists?

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 4:41:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 15, 2012 5:05:23 PM PDT
Just a few songs by Stories and Pilot. The obvious, Brother Louie and Magic and a few others. Not that I don't like either of them, just haven't delved deeply into them for one reason or another. I had About Us on vinyl long ago.

I've got one cd of Fastball, All The Pain Money Can Buy.

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 9:18:32 AM PDT
Ray Wilson says:
Three minor bands, one of them from a radically different time frame than the other two. Not a recipe for a huge thread. Still, I admire your pluck, kid. So I'll do what little I can to help you out.

Stories. I pride myself on remembering a minor top 40's hit PRIOR to Brother Louie called "I'm Coming Home." That was a catchy little song. Brother Louie...man, that song got played a lot for a while. Totally played out. I never want to hear it again.

Pilot...I was in college when "It's Magic" came out. No longer listening to Top 40, so only vaguely aware of the song. I remember it was a trivia question on the local radio station once, during those years. So even in the mid 70's Pilot and It's Magic had become trivia. I must have missed the question...Wikipedia tells me that the name of the song was just MAGIC as the last poster noted.

Fastball. Now there was a catchy band during the heyday of 90's corporate Alternative. "The Way" had some pretty irresistible hooks. Weird song though...did they ditch their children, or what? That Outta My Head song was pretty infectious too. Checking it out again on Youtube...hey, the beginning of the verses give me an Avett Brothers flashback. The Avett Brothers they ain't though.

This seems like it ought to be one of those Guilty Pleasures threads. Yes, I DO love Build Me Up Buttercup! Temptation Eyes rules! When I was young I had a crush on Karen Carpenter! Stop me before I'm truthy again!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 2:00:15 PM PST
Steelers fan says:
"You're An Ocean" ("The Harsh Light Of Day") features Little Richard on piano. Pure enjoyment.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Oct 6, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions