Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Montrose Best Song Game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 262 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 4:01:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 4:04:39 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Something about that name...Montrose ;) And to pay tribute to Ronnie's passing, thought we would do a Montrose game. Most fans know they were supercharged from the get go and then started to fade pretty quickly. So not going to list every song but just about everything a fan should appreciate.

The first dozen songs to reach 25 votes move to the next and final round. One plus, one minus a day....

Rock the Nation -5
Bad Motor Scooter -5
Space Station #5 -5
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -5
Rock Candy -5
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -5
The Dreamer -5
Starliner -5
I Got the Fire -5
Spaceage Sacrifice -5
We're Going Home -5
Paper Money -5
Dancin' Feet -5
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -5

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:03:36 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
I'll start it....

Rock the Nation -5
Bad Motor Scooter -5
Space Station #5 -5
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -5
Rock Candy -5
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -5
The Dreamer -5
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -5
Spaceage Sacrifice -5
We're Going Home -4
Paper Money -5
Dancin' Feet -5
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -5

Starliner +
We're Going Home -

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 8:00:15 PM PST
T. Boyle says:
After Alex:

What, no "Twenty Flight Rock" or "Black Train"?

Rock the Nation -5
Bad Motor Scooter -5
Space Station #5 -6
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -5
Rock Candy -5
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -5
The Dreamer -5
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -5
Spaceage Sacrifice -5
We're Going Home -4
Paper Money -4
Dancin' Feet -5
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -5

+ Space Station #5
- Paper Money

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:11:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 8:15:30 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Boyle,

I thought about both of those songs but even if I included them do they stand a chance in hell? I just thought of songs above and below what I consider a certain "cut off " and they didn't make it. Not to mention one of them is a cover, I believe. But if you really like them ????... I can include them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:17:54 PM PST
T. Boyle says:
I will probably vote exclusively for songs from the debut (except maybe "I Got The Fire"), so you probably have a point. However those are the two songs off "Warner Brothers Presents" that I've included on my Montrose Playlist and are deserving of mention.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:35:47 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Okay Boyle, consider them mentioned :) I can still remember how bad and how shocked I was about "Warner Bros Presents". What a disappointment. It was so bad I didn't think there wound be another album....

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 8:39:53 PM PST
T. Boyle says:
I've never heard "Jump On It" or "Mean" - would you recommend either? I can assume by your snub of "Mean" that the answer is "no" for that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:46:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 8:49:12 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
I probably wanted most of their better songs in this game instead of listing everything and it's been a while but from what I remember about Mean, there was nothing memorable. And honestly, how many people would know any songs from that album? I actually liked/loved some of Ronnie's solo stuff better than anything after Paper Money but again don't think many people would know that stuff.

Jump on it was a notch or two above Warner Bros presents and I listed the two best songs IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:28:06 AM PST
AlexMontrose says:
After Boyle

Rock the Nation -5
Bad Motor Scooter -5
Space Station #5 -6
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -5
Rock Candy -5
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -5
The Dreamer -5
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -5
Spaceage Sacrifice -6
We're Going Home -3
Paper Money -4
Dancin' Feet -5
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -5

Spaceage Sacrifice +
We're Going Home -

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:22:30 AM PST
T. Boyle says:
After Alex:

Rock the Nation -5
Bad Motor Scooter -5
Space Station #5 -6
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -5
Rock Candy -6
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -5
The Dreamer -4
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -5
Spaceage Sacrifice -6
We're Going Home -3
Paper Money -4
Dancin' Feet -5
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -5

+ Rock Candy
- The Dreamer

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:05:01 AM PST
Music Lover says:
good idea,Alex

after TB:

Rock the Nation -5
Bad Motor Scooter -6
Space Station #5 -6
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -5
Rock Candy -6
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -5
The Dreamer -4
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -5
Spaceage Sacrifice -6
We're Going Home -2
Paper Money -4
Dancin' Feet -5
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -5

Bad motor scooter+
We're Going Home-

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:53:02 AM PST
T. Boyle says:
After Music Lover:

Rock the Nation -5
Bad Motor Scooter -6
Space Station #5 -7
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -5
Rock Candy -6
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -4
The Dreamer -4
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -5
Spaceage Sacrifice -6
We're Going Home -2
Paper Money -4
Dancin' Feet -5
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -5

+ Space Station #5
- Connection

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 7:54:12 AM PST
Music Lover says:
after TB:

Rock the Nation -5
Bad Motor Scooter -6
Space Station #5 -7
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -6
Rock Candy -6
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -4
The Dreamer -4
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -5
Spaceage Sacrifice -6
We're Going Home -1
Paper Money -4
Dancin' Feet -5
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -5

Good Rockin+
We're Going Home-

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:04:42 AM PST
after Music Lover:

Rock the Nation -6
Bad Motor Scooter -6
Space Station #5 -7
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -6
Rock Candy -6
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -4
The Dreamer -4
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -5
Spaceage Sacrifice -6
We're Going Home -1
Paper Money -4
Dancin' Feet -4
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -5

Rock the nation +
Dancin' Feet -

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:20:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 8:21:22 AM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Hey Mechanical...good to see ya. No hard feelings from before...even though I like Dancin' Feet ;)

After Mechanical

Rock the Nation -6
Bad Motor Scooter -6
Space Station #5 -7
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -6
Rock Candy -6
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -4
The Dreamer -4
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -6
Spaceage Sacrifice -6
Paper Money -4
Dancin' Feet -4
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -5

I got the fire +
We're going home - (Gone)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:35:27 AM PST
alex,

glad you have no hard feelings...sometimes what i say and what i mean doesn't come out right on these forums since you can't see emotion or anything, and although i was being hard about the whole illegal downloading thing, i do think it's wrong. but i didn't even put it into thought about other's buying it for you or something like that, and i never heard of that website you were speaking of...

when i had a different screen name actually you and i got along quite well on a deep purple thread, at least i think it was you that i was talking with a bit on there...who knows, it was a while ago....it was a long going deep purple thread that i started with me asking about the band and what albums people like the most and stuff, then it grew into this huge long thread that lasted forever it seemed...and at the start of the thread i didn't own any albums from them, and now i own all of the studio albums, except the terrilbe one with JLT singing....can't stand the Rainbow albums with him actually, but that is a totally different discussion

love the band montrose, but i am kinda only a fan of the stuff with sammy hagar singing on it, sorry

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:13:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 10:33:22 AM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Totally cool Mechanical, no ill feelings at all on this end.

It's "funny" because when we started talking downloading and stuff it really struck a cord. That actually affected me, money in my pocket, myself, friends who's lives were changed because of it. I formerly worked for a huge distributor that supplied all the record stores (who didn't buy directly from the labels) with their Cd's, albums, accessories, etc...basically everything you'd see when walking into a record store. I was just recently out of the business by the late 90's when Napster and the like showed up but I still had some deep connections, friends, co-workers in the business. And man.....what a catastrophe when all that started. It just turned everything upside down, changed everything as we/you know. Myself and others had almost every job prospect disappear as positions were being eliminated by record labels, distributors were being swallowed up by other distributors, record stores were closing up as sales dropped dramatically. I knew people in the business for years that had such a passion for it but just said this is over man. I have to get into another business. I mean, it just disappeared, the way we knew it, the way we grew up. And almost all the people involved with that end of the business were out looking for work...mainly because of downloading and many just gave up because so much was changing and/or being eliminated. So it was certainly something I had strong feelings about.

Right or wrong?... I understand both sides but the bottom line was those of us affected directly knew it was here to stay. That's what was so "scary" about it. It was something that couldn't be stopped and completely blew up the music industry, pretty much taking many aspects of the business down with it.

Okay...so after all that depressing stuff.....who were you before? Your other screen name? Yeah...lol..if there was a Deep Purple thread you can bet I was on it.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:02:14 AM PST
patc71s says:
after AlexMontrose:

Rock the Nation -6
Bad Motor Scooter -6
Space Station #5 -7
I Don't Want It -5
Good Rockin' Tonight -6
Rock Candy -7
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -4
The Dreamer -4
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -6
Spaceage Sacrifice -6
Paper Money -4
Dancin' Feet -4
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -4

+Rock Candy
-Jump On It

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 12:49:28 PM PST
Alex,

not sure if i really wanted to say what my previous name was, but it was my real name
Matthew Heath

i know i caused a few arguments and fights on the black sabbath song thread as well, could of been with you on that one too, haha, who knows....i never look back at the old posts like that....but i know that one cause the majority of why i left here for a while...

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:22:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 1:24:14 PM PST
Music Lover says:
Matthew-I remember you. hope all is well. Don't remember any old issues though I think you left me hanging in the ZZ Top game :)-could've used an old school fan of theirs to help me out there. Well if I'm right and you like Montrose,Genesis,Rush,Sabbath and ZZ Top, I for one am glad to have someone back with good taste.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 1:37:18 PM PST
hahaha, yes music lover, i was in the zz top game too, but there was hardly anyone there, and i was having one too many arguments on other threads and one of them was the sabbath one for sure i remember...

thanks for saying i have great taste....i have tons and tons of cd's, vinyl, and music dvd's....i am all over the place with my musical tastes, but i am way too hard on other's taste in music if it's something i don't care for or if i don't see it the same way as others do sometimes....i am way too passionate about what i like....music is my only hobby...

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 2:24:10 PM PST
Music Lover says:
MA1-I hear you. it gets hard not to get too emotional when you feel so passionate about something but as they say-life is too short..do you play music as well for a hobby or just an avid listener?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 5:30:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 5:42:13 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Heath ! :) Sheet...water under the bridge. Forget it. I have a crazy trigger that's set to go off at times. Just depends on the words, the intention, if it gets personal...a number of things. *Especially* when it comes to how passionate I am about music. So it can happen and will happen again. But when someone shows a little heart, like you just did, that pretty much ends it for me. Welcome back...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:59:39 AM PST
AlexMontrose says:
After patc

Rock the Nation -6
Bad Motor Scooter -6
Space Station #5 -7
I Don't Want It -4
Good Rockin' Tonight -6
Rock Candy -7
One Thing on My Mind -5
Make It Last -5
Underground -5
Connection -4
The Dreamer -5
Starliner -6
I Got the Fire -6
Spaceage Sacrifice -6
Paper Money -4
Dancin' Feet -4
Let's Go -5
Jump on It -4

The Dreamer +
I Don't Want It -

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 8:07:36 AM PST
Music Lover

yes, i am a drummer....have been since i was in 3rd grade....not sure if anyone is a KISS fan, but Eric Carr is the reason i became one. i have tons of "hero's" in music, and not all are drummers, but plenty of them are.
also, speaking of kiss, i am so excited, i will be meeting Peter Criss this friday at a book signing event he's doing for his book.....can't wait!!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  262
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions