Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Why The Beatles Are Worst Band Ever

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 94 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 26, 2012 1:26:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2012 2:33:45 AM PST
Nothintosay says:
I crave attention and the best way to get it is by starting a thread that states that the Beatles suck. The best way to do it is A : State why the Beatles suck and how they ruined music B . Proceed to list a number of bands that are infinitely less talented and infinitely less influential then the Beatles but are better than the Beatles even though they themselves were influenced by and probably wouldn't exist if it weren't for the Beatles C. Then proceed to state that the Beatles are pathetic musicians D. Claim that their success is solely due to George Martin ( he of American Flyer fame ) E. Then end it by telling everyone that you're actually a fan of the Beatles and state that some of their material isn't bad ....to give you some measure of credibility

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 10:11:09 AM PST
that is EXACTLY how to start a beatles suck thread

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 10:18:47 AM PST
WAIT A MINUTE HOW CAN YOU SAY... oh

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 10:31:50 AM PST
nothintosay you are clearly unimformed!!!!!! this is the only thread like this i've ever come upon! you must be really young ;)

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 11:27:45 AM PST
Go listen to the All American Rejects.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 1:42:27 PM PST
ZzBridges says:
What is your favorite "Asian" food? Chinese, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese...

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 1:43:44 PM PST
ZzBridges says:
Mmmm Tandoori Chicken Pizza

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 5:55:15 PM PST
F) Call everyone who doesn't agree with you a troll

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 6:03:23 PM PST
I love Thai food. A really good restaurant here has a menu item called Rainbow Duck which is my favorite.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 6:03:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2012 6:04:22 PM PST
Ok, I'll play devil's advocate and say that what the OP said IS how some of these anti-Beatle threads end up going. But still, I dare him to post this on the Beatles forum and see what kind of response he gets.

Meanwhile, you lot are making me hungry for Asian food! LOL.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 6:31:47 PM PST
ZzBridges says:
I'm really into Vietnamese Pho' for awhile now. Noodle soup with various kinds of meat (the good stuff is with beef tendons, tripe and all the nasty bits. Beef, chicken for tamer appetites), various greens/herbs (basil, cilantro, long life herb), bean sprouts, chili peppers. Little splash of fish sauce. The bean sprouts and greens come on a side plate a you add as you like. Couple of good Pho' restaurants here in town, but I have to go to Atlanta for the "good" stuff. It's pronounced fu as in fun. There is actually a restaurant in Atlant call "What The Pho'". Honest.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 6:44:42 PM PST
@ZzBridges: "What The Pho"...that's awesome!!

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 7:01:18 PM PST
nothintosay, this is the part where you come in and say "stop trolling my unhateful, purely factual thread!!!!!"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 7:12:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2012 7:13:26 PM PST
Yeah, and "nobody has the right to shove the Beatles down my throat"!!!!!! (Unless they're cooking Asian food.)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 8:45:23 AM PST
ZzBridges says:
Michael Topper: I came up with my own, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't pass the public business name test. We have Burger King...why not Pho' Ki...

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 8:47:50 AM PST
ZzBridges says:
No one knows the real truth why John married Yoko..She was a great Japanese food cook.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 8:53:09 AM PST
Think about all those bands you love not existing without "The Beatles". I shall not debate with someone who is obviously music deficient. That's what I say to these buffoons that start "Beatles suck" threads.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 8:56:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 29, 2012 9:02:56 AM PST
ZzBridges says:
Metal Jay: not much into subtle sarcasm are you dude? Read original post again

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 9:26:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2013 10:42:42 AM PST
AlexMontrose says:
I could live on Asian food. I've had a few Asian girlfriends and I miss the food they made more than I miss them. Thai has overtaken Chinese. Anything they do works for me. If I order take out and I'm standing there waiting for my food I'll ask the waiter/waitress what was that? for almost every dish they take out to the tables. I'm sure I'm not alone when it comes to the frustration of not knowing what all their dishes are. I live in a neighborhood where if you include Indian Food there must be at least 50 Asian restaurants within a couple miles of me. No exaggeration.

The Beatles? They're ok ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 9:38:26 AM PST
ZZB,

re: No one knows the real truth why John married Yoko..She was a great Japanese food cook.

Of course, being an avant-garde artist, she often sent John to the store to pick up some pretty unusual ingredients. Try going to the grocery store and asking for "oppression sauce" some day.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 10:04:37 AM PST
ZzBridges says:
Rare Goat: She should have showed him how to make it homemade: 1 teaspoon "holier than thou" powder, 1/4 cup of "why's everybody picking on me" juice, 1 clove of "it's always the fault of the other side" minced, blend all in your very own "I Know Better Than You Because I'm An Artist" processor (available at Amazon). Fish Sauce to taste.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 10:27:57 AM PST
ZzBridges says:
AlexMontrose: Same problem of a sort with me. I like "trying" to cook my own Thai, India, Schezwan (I like the heat and curries). I actually do have my homemade Pho' down pretty tasty. We have a few good Asian and Indian markets here in town. My problem is going into these stores (it's like an Asian food freak in an Asian food store..Ha) and I see all these neat products that I have no idea what 80% of them are for. Most are written in their home language. Many have English, but that doesn't help much sometimes. I'm not as lost as I sound but I want to "use them all". I had my bud in an Indian store that I could just ask what something was for and he would take me around the store and show me all the other ingredients I needed. They closed :( I likes me food (variety) if you couldn't tell.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 10:36:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 29, 2012 10:37:39 AM PST
Guess what? The last Asian restaurant I went to, the waitress said "I hate Beatles". I told her she would feel most welcome on the Amazon forums. Then I ordered some Moo Goo Gai Pan.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 11:08:49 AM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Zz,

Yeah, with Asian food you can throw a dart at anything on the menu and not go wrong. I mean I'm not going to be getting curried tripe anytime soon but I have no problem with it in my Pho either. And I throw in all the Basil they give you, some the red hot sauce, etc. But it doesn't change the fact that I want to know what everything is at these restaurants. It actually frustrates me when I see dishes going by that I want...lol.

Obviously it's a different world, language, etc. and I love that world ! :) I make a mean Basil Chicken with the Thai peppers, fish sauce, fresh Basil from a Vietnamese grocery store where I'm the only American I ever see :)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 11:32:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 29, 2012 11:32:50 AM PST
I've discovered a really good, easy turkey larb recipe - I make that every couple of weeks and we have cabbage wraps at home. My daughter's not into spicy food (nor anything with interesting flavors, for that matter... she's still a kindergartener after all), so I make her a separate turkey recipe, with just ground turkey, baby corn, and a dash of ketchup, that she can eat in a cabbage wrap. Sounds a little bland, but it makes her happy.

edit: on topic -- and she really likes the Beatles
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  94
Initial post:  Feb 26, 2012
Latest post:  May 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions