Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Ne Black Sabbath album is due in June

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 18, 2013 7:31:10 PM PST
ulijon says:
I will probably buy the new lp and if available on vinyl I will for sure. I am also very bummed Bill is being left out, almost a crime to deprive people of the magic I saw in '99 ...But I guess 3/4 of Sabbath is better than none

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:28:48 PM PST
National Acrobat

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:20:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 12:20:49 PM PST
vivazappa says:
See ya in DC...I just hope it's not at Jiffy Lube Live...(Nissian Pavillion)
WORST VENUE EVER!!!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 12:07:28 PM PST
bozokarl says:
I'll buy it. Hopefully it will be better than Ozzy's last 5 solo albums. I also hope they do a full tour behind it. I'll catch at least the Philly and Baltimore/D.C. shows if they do.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:41:56 AM PST
vivazappa says:
If Ozzy gets it together and sings like he did in the old days this could be a good record...if not then look out!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 9:09:16 PM PST
tokolosi says:
Yadda yadda blah blah new Sabbath album...

Yep -- I'm gonna plug my nose and buy it. I'll get past the Ozzy stench, the no-Bill hole and allow myself to get swept into the beautiful, dark, Iommi/Butler vibe...

And, try to make it to 4 or 5 shows on or around the West Coast.

P.S. The Devil You Know is great... ;-p

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 8:50:11 PM PST
It sure wouldve been nice had they been able to do another Sabbath album with Dio not so far apart than both Dehumanizer and Devil You Know. Holy Diver as a Sabbath album or something more similar to H&H or Mob Rules wouldve been great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:43:47 PM PST
B. rogers says:
Stephen...have to part ways with you on "Devil You Know" as compared to "Dehumanizer".

As underwhelmed(and disappointed) as I was by "Dehumanizer", I still think it was better than "The Devil You Know".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 8:38:34 PM PST
B. rogers-Devil You Know wasnt Mob Rules but, neither was Dehumanizer or any album released by Sabbath after Born Again. I did like Devil more than Dehumanizer. Classic tracks like Bible Black, Fear, Follow The Tears sounded great to my ears and I'm a big Sabbath fan. I like Devil more than Never Say Die and Technical Ecstasy too. Mob Rules is an alltime best not only of Sabbaths but, anybody!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:07:59 PM PST
B. rogers says:
@Animal...I'm not "talking smack"...I'm simply talking about my expectations of what will be produced(from this Ward-less Sabbath) at this time. Glad you liked the "Devil You Know" album. It gets periodic attention from my feather-duster(same for the Reunion live album from '97)...but hey...we all like different stuff.

I hope I'm wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:02:43 PM PST
B. rogers says:
Mr. Jumps...I thought "The Devil You Know" was waaaaay below "Mob Rules" in every respect. I WANTED to really like it.

"Mob Rules" is one of their all-time best, imho.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 1:50:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 1:53:55 PM PST
bass boy says:
It stinks they replaced Bill Ward with Brad Wilk. No offense to Brad, but Bill is the man. His drumming on the "Paranoid" album is terrific and rivals most rock drummers from that period (and any period.)
It's too bad that the other three members seemingly stuck Ward in the back by refusing to pay him an equal share of the cash. With a true original Sabbath reunion, as was promised/promoted from way back, you need Bill Ward on drums. I'm shocked that Tony and Geezer let Bill slip away. Had Bill simply passed on the 2011/2012 tour/recording plans, or his health didn't allow him to do a big tour a la Peter Criss, then I would be more excited about the new album. I saw Sabbath with Dio live once (an A+ show), and I've seen Ozzy solo live once (a B+ show), and I had the wonderful chance of visiting with Bill Ward. I think I'm good now. :)

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:45:26 AM PST
I'm really bummed about the missing Bill Ward on drums. The original Sabbath was a band through and though. Those four guys and the chemistry of their playing together created something new and greater than any individual. Together they are somthin' else.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:09:31 AM PST
the album will be great! come on people don't give up on the band, and talk smack about an album that none of you have even heard a single note on yet.

the Heaven and Hell album "The Devil You Know" was great, so that's proof that Iommi and Geezer (the most important half of the group right now) can still create great songs.

even though i think Dio was a far superior vocalist over Ozzy, especially when you compare the last few ozzy solo albums and the last dio albums/the heaven and hell album.

bill ward not having anything to do with it is ancient news as well.

i am exctied to hear new material coming from mr. Iommi, i wish he did more stuff with Glenn Hughes as well
Fused is one heck of an album!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 9:51:22 AM PST
Mr. Jumps says:
I kind of liked The Devil You Know recordings with Dio. It has a mob rules feel to it. No stand out tracks, but good production, I think it is decent.

Ozzy can still pull off decent studio recordings, because it can be engineered in small pieces. But on stage, he can't sing for more than a couple of minutes. Not worth it. I saw alice cooper a few weeks back. He is around same age as ozzy. While not the greatest, at least he can put on a 90 minute show without taking 11 breaks.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 1:37:04 AM PST
I'm not as excited about this as I was on 11-11-11 when it was announced. Maybe the studio magicians can make Ozzy sound good on the record cuz he wont sound good live. I would be more excited if-
1. Bill Ward was on drums
2. Ronnie James Dio was on vocals
3. Ian Gillan was on vocals

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:15:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 5:00:47 PM PST
I think that the first single off the new album is called, "God is Dead".

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 2:51:20 PM PST
Zaplightning says:
I have a feeling this new Sabbath album will be a flop.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 11:35:07 AM PST
Mr. Jumps says:
Live Ozzy sucks now too. Like trying to drive with a flat tire.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 11:28:55 AM PST
"Wheels of Confusion" ? whoa! No Bill Ward is a bummer though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 11:20:24 AM PST
B. rogers says:
viva...unfortunately, I have a feeling that it will very to hard to find "two or three" decent songs on this new album. Also, not having Ward on the album for this "reunion" really lets the air out of the balloon for *me* and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But, like ML, I'll buy it anyways...just like I did "The Devil You Know"(which sucked, imo).

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 11:05:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 11:05:45 AM PST
vivazappa says:
You know the set will also have...
Farries
Ironman
Paranoid
War Pigs
NIB
...so I hope they only play the best two or three new ones!

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 10:25:18 AM PST
Music Lover says:
viva-those are some pretty good,deep selections such as Wheels and Wall Of Sleep. I really wish Bill was on board for the album at least but I'm sure I will still purchase it.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 6:37:08 AM PST
vivazappa says:
I'm hoping for a tour in the summer!

Last year's shows had the following in the three setlists:
Black Sabbath
The Wizard
Behind the Wall of Sleep
Electric Funeral
Sweet Leaf
Into the Void
Wheels of Confusion
Tomorrow's Dream
Snowblind
Under the Sun
Symptom of the Universe

I hope they place a bunch of those!!!

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 10:36:09 PM PST
"Drummer Brad Wilk from Rage Against the Machine will be replacing Bill Ward"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/black-sabbath-announce-new-album-13-due-out-in-june-20130113
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Jan 13, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions