Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Most Original First Album: Led Zep, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 157 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:26:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 6:27:23 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Topper talking to you is a death sentence for anything that's funny. I don't know where it is, don't care. I was just referring to the post, plain and simple. As soon as I saw it I changed it but if it makes you less hysterical, eases some of your pain, you can think I changed it because I saw your post. Okay? There we go...my good deed for the day.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:26:27 PM PST
B. rogers says:
Cool...we're back to the cage-match! Let me get my popcorn and Jujyfruits!

*cutesy winky-smiley face*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:23:45 PM PST
B. rogers says:
When I listen to these "MK II" albums I really marvel at the musicianship, songcraft, Ian's vocals, Blackmore's god-like playing, etc. Just hasn't got to my *heart* yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:20:09 PM PST
@AlexMontrose: "Even my boneheaded highlights comment/typo is in there somewhere...;)"

I love how you're now trying to own that "highlights" comment. Yes, Alex, it's good to laugh at yourself. Especially when there's so much to laugh at! Now *that's* funny. Oh, and like you I think that "highlights" comment is "still in there somewhere"...now where would that comment be...hmmm...I have no idea, do you? You don't seem to have any clue, but I'm sure between the two of us we'll find that long-lost post "somewhere"...

Oh yeah, it was in *my* post where I quoted you on it, which you then saw and used to fix your own post! And now my post is where the original will stay, because as even you admit now, that boneheaded "typo" was very funny, no? :) :) :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:16:48 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Yeah I think they say your musical taste is shaped sometime in your early teens so...you're probably going to bring a lot of that formative foundation into what you like later on. When I think back to what I liked even before high school, I still see a strong connection to what I liked later on and even now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:09:05 PM PST
B. rogers says:
That's funny that you mention Porcupine Tree...I never even HEARD of that band until I joined these threads! Deep Purple is super-cool...I do play those albums when I find the time. I think that the fact that I'm so much older now that it's hard to *truly* get into something from that time period when I wasn't exposed to it in my "formative years of youth". I think a lot of the stuff we love from that era comes from nostalgia and wistfulness. Probably the reason that "Perfect Strangers" is SUCH an awesome album to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 5:00:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 5:01:07 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Yeah exactly. I know you love Queen and I kinda feel the same way, like them, don't love them. But I was a pretty big fan up until about News of the World. And remember REALLY liking them after the debut. But that's great, very cool you invested in all those albums...partly based on a lot of the talk around here. Next for you is Porcupine Tree !!!! ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 4:53:20 PM PST
B. rogers says:
Yes...I've listened to them several times(In Rock especially).

I *like* them...I respect the insane talent...I don't *love* them, though. I like "In Rock" better than Zep's debut. Like I said before...I'm glad that they are part of my collection...it was long overdue.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 4:43:09 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Okay ;) Ever get to all those Purple albums you got? I know you said you liked this one or that one but I thought you still had a few you were going to listen to.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 4:39:03 PM PST
B. rogers says:
No Alex...you KILLED on that one! But we all have different things that tickle our funny bone. Yes, you've had countless others over the years...but this one had me on the floor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 4:27:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 4:30:20 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Thanks Rogers...:) I actually would consider that sort of a "cute" sardonic opener to that particular post. It hit the nail on the head but I think there was a lot more good/ha ha funny later on...right up to the "end". Even my boneheaded highlights comment/typo is in there somewhere...;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 4:09:09 PM PST
B. rogers says:
I know this thread is dead but I knew there was an absolute HOWLER that I'm sure even Michael appreciated.

Here it is from Alex:

"I know you've been staring at the screen waiting for me to come home Topper, so here I am."

It doesn't get better than that!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 2:11:38 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Yeah, we put the fiddle back in the case. Toppers "civil" post ruined everything...lol. I'm sure we'll play it and Topper again. Where's this thread?.... I bought tomatoes. Ohh there it is.....

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 12:59:04 PM PST
@Ogre: oh, it's not over by any means. It never is with Alex and myself, you well know that by now. Check out the new thread!

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 12:54:28 PM PST
I used to like Purple but a lot of it hasn't aged well for me. The older I get, the less compelled I feel to put on their music.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 12:39:36 PM PST
Captain Ogre says:
Yeah, you guys ran out of steam a while ago, but it was fun while it lasted

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 12:34:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 12:35:29 PM PST
@AlexMontrose: boooo--ring! I almost nodded off reading that one. Perhaps you're too drained after your sleazy debate tactics were so handily exposed yesterday, by your own words. Whatever--we'll continue this on the brand-new DP thread I'm about to start.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 6:52:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 6:56:56 AM PST
AlexMontrose says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 11:50:23 PM PST
@AlexMontrose: "A lot of "ists" in your sorry existence."

Uh, excuse me? I'm not the one who used the word "elitist", which has been bandied about here a lot more than "masochist". You probably thought you were being fancy with the word "faux", too--which would make you the wannabe elitist around these parts.

"Yes, I meant the third one is the best of MK I. You gotta fill in the cracks, even for Wikipedia junkies."

Normally true, but when the statement comes from the confusing likes of you, all bets are off.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 11:16:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 11:19:22 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
A lot of "ists" in your sorry existence. Is there a pill for that? You should check that out for everyone who's concerned. Which probably means you and your fish.

Yes, I meant the third one is the best of MK I. You gotta fill in the cracks, even for Wikipedia junkies.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 10:59:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 11:00:29 PM PST
@AlexMontrose: "The third one is considered the best by most Purpleites."

Huh? You mean the best of MK I, right? I highly doubt the self-titled is considered better than anything done by MK II, by most fans. As usual, the lack of specificity in your language is totally confusing. "Faux elitism" is the least of your problems.

"Throw on some Kate Bush and go to Starbucks..."

An infinitely preferable choice to what I've just committed myself to. But I told you, I'm a masochist.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:55:23 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Right on the money is more like it. With no "explanation" from you..still. Maybe tomorrow...although I'm sure the faux elitism will come through loud and clear in one of your "reviews".

The third one is considered the best by most Purpleites. But don't strain yourself. Throw on some Kate Bush and go to Starbucks..

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 10:49:17 PM PST
@AlexMontrose: Nice try, but no cigar. Anyways, done with "Taliesyn". Pondering on whether to listen to the self-titled third, which is my favorite of the ones I've heard. But I think two albums in one night from these faux elitists is good enough for now...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:45:52 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
Nope, still don't get what's wrong with it. In fact don't think there's anything wrong with it other than you having a sense of humor like a corpse. But that's a given. Faux = fake. So I'm saying you're a phony elitist. It certainly doesn't have to make any logical sense...per se. That's what makes it funnier. But you're the kind of person that would say after everyone is done laughing that something didn't make sense so how could it be funny? And then everyone would roll their eyes and you would go dissect a frog or something.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 10:39:12 PM PST
@Ogre: "An "inside" joke, maybe?"

Yes, to a particular group of people. Just us faux elitists. ;)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  157
Initial post:  Aug 26, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions