Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Bands That belong In The Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame That are not there yet

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 239 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2008 9:23:47 AM PDT
I am not one to quibble but shouldn't a few of these bands be in the RnR hall of fame just because of how much influence they have over bands that came out later on

1)Badfinger
2)Big Star
3)Kiss
4)Guess Who
5)The Raspberries
6)The Zombies/Argent
7)Cheap Trick
8)Crosby Still Nash & Young
9)Todd Rundgren
10) The Monkees

I mean it just seems that these great bands are just badly overlooked yet Aerosmith,Ac/Dc & a slew of other less worthy Bands are in funny with out a band like Big Star there would have been no R.E.M, No Jellyfish,no Bangles,pretty much no new wave LOL, seriously these bands all deserve to be in But I bet ya Chicago,Foriegner & Boston will wind up in the hall before any of these bands

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 10:59:15 AM PDT
CSN has been inducted and Neil Young is also an inductee as a solo artist

look under the Rock forum for more discussions re: RRHOF

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 10:59:49 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 1, 2011 1:07:56 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 11:31:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2008 11:32:46 AM PDT
take403 says:
Will, I am not someone who just agrees with everyone and everything just for the sake of getting along, but I agree most of your favorites belong. I also believe Yes belongs and I signed a petition for them. I believe most of the ones Joseph's do, too, to be fair to Joseph. The main problem is not which one of either of your choices deserves it the most. The main problem is that the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame is run by Jann Wenner, who supposedly hated Chicago (which is probably why they're still not in the Hall of Fame, though totally deserving in my opinion) and allegedly has a personal vendetta against Grand Funk Railroad, too, dating back to their heyday. Also, Joseph mentioned Styx and they were no friends of Rolling Stone magazine either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 11:34:44 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 1, 2011 1:07:57 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 11:43:15 AM PDT
take403 says:
Now you're talkin', Will! Oh, I had this on another thread in the rock section and I thought I'd share it with all of you.

By the way, folks, here is the address of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Write them and give them a list of any artists you wish to see inducted.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10104

No promises that your artist of choice will get inducted. You may have to deal with less rock-and-roll artists before them, as noted in this year's Hall of Fame. Also, the chagrin of the politics behind the R&RHoF has inspired an annual Amazon Rock and Roll Hall of Fame here at http://www.amazon.com and the last 2 threads were started by Wapping Wharf Rat (that's his code name, he was previously known as Stoner and Stonehenge). The only requirements is a love for music and you might want to edit the list as you nominate and vote for each one, to make it easier on the rest (it was quite time consuming and I had to thank my wife for being so patient with me as I got into it like an avid sports fan rooting for their favorite team!). I'll let you know when it comes up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 12:07:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 1, 2011 1:07:57 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 12:12:20 PM PDT
Jason Kessel says:
Spirit

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 12:29:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 26, 2009 4:02:34 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 1:03:13 PM PDT
This again? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....next.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 1:33:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2008 1:57:12 PM PDT
Jason Kessel says:
This Again absolutely belongs in the hall, it's hard to come up with a single band that changed the face of music the way they did. Their dual triangle attack is unparalleled

Not to sure about zzzzzzzzzzz, perhaps I will feel different about them in the next few years, not a big fan of progressive country.

As for Next, they suck and shouldn't even be serving Vienna sausages at the hall

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 1:44:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2008 1:51:51 PM PDT
r. f. says:
JANN WENNER , is a joke and so is this hall. Just because some one builds a hall and calls it a hall of fame , that doesn't make it true.

I guess that only ROLLING STONE MAG. knows any thing about rock & rock??? GOD FORBID that any voters for the hall come from ENGLAND / U.K. , AUSTRALIA , CANADA , ect... would know any thing about rock & roll...lol...Who died and made them experts about any thing???

This hall is about making money and has very little to do with the real history of rock.

Unless you think that RAP , MADONNA and LEONARD COHEN are rock & roll giants...lol...

How about , GENESIS???????????????????????????????

PHIL COLLINS , PETER GABRIEL , TONY BANKS , STEVE H. , MIKE R...Give us all a break Mr. Wenner...lol...

We know that you don't like U.S. SOUTHERN ROCK and PROG. ROCK [RUSH , YES , ELP , KING CRIMSON , ect] , but ignoring them all makes YOU and your so called " hall " look like a joke.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 1:47:19 PM PDT
Very Funny Thanks asta Some people just don't get the idea of Public forums,
Just because someone else has a similar forum that does not make mine any last Viable & since I am getting posts I assume that what I have to say is at least debatible

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 1:59:00 PM PDT
#1-
Those James Gang fellas.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 3:58:33 PM PDT
The Crock Hall of Shame has long proven itself a travesty and a bad joke with no taste (allowing rap acts), little musical knowledge or sense of history on the part of its selection board (could anything else be expected of RS staffers?) and a decided pro-US anti-UK bias.

As absurd and futile as the exercise is, however, here are a list of the ten bands that I feel are the most deserving who are not yet in the hall.

ALICE COOPER
DEEP PURPLE
GRAND FUNK RAILROAD
KISS
THE MONKEES
THE MOODY BLUES
RUSH
STATUS QUO
URIAH HEEP
YES

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 5:23:59 PM PDT
CAINPA says:
This is the best site for this discussion. Nothing I could write would say it better.
http://www.rateitall.com/t-2529-deserving-of-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame.aspx

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 7:03:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2008 7:05:05 PM PDT
Micaloneus says:
Bands that belong in the "Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame" that are not there yet:

Deep Purple
Moody Blues
Rush
YES
The Searchers
Procol Harum
The Hollies
ELP
Chicago
Cheap Trick
Jethro Tull
Electric Light Orchestra
The Guess Who

I'm sure there are many others.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 7:22:42 PM PDT
take403 says:
Personally, I think the band Come On should be inducted, if for nothing else for their 30 Threads album- it's a classic! Best song on the album- "We Don't Need Another One"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 8:50:32 PM PDT
Cowboy Neal says:
The MC5

The New York Dolls.

Both widely influential, but never sold a lot of records, which is why, undoubtedly, they're not in.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 9:04:57 PM PDT
Captain Ogre says:
take403 & Asta,

Are you forgetting "the best and greatest band on earth"?

TENACIOUS D over Come On or This Again, hands down!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2008 9:17:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2008 11:51:57 AM PDT
J.Espresso says:
Not that I'm a huge fan, but for God's sake: Kiss

Influence? Check
Attitude? Check
Marketing Geniuses? (Jann Wenner SHOULD love that): Check
Unique? Check
Quality Music?: Well, check, sort of, but when has that mattered to the Hall.

They may not have been the musical virtuosos that Yes or Rush was (are), but on every other criteria, they are deserving of induction.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2008 5:09:18 PM PDT
stu says:
the zombies and xtc

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2008 5:43:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2008 5:44:25 PM PDT
2009: Yes, Deep Purple, Moody Blues, Rush & Jethro Tull.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2008 6:43:15 PM PDT
doodah man says:
Leon Russell for the R&RHOF!!!!

quick, please, before its posthumous

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2008 6:43:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2008 6:45:09 PM PDT
The Mentors!!! How could the band that performed such classics as "My Woman From Sodom" and "Free Fix For A F**K" continue to be ignored?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Classic Rock forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  97
Total posts:  239
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions