Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

What's the deal with this forum? Too many "games"??!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 24, 2012 5:58:29 AM PST
Barry Smith says:
Every thread is another "Game" in this forum... Best Pink Floyd Game, Best Rush Game, etc, etc. Enough games, Where are the regular discussions? Getting tired of this.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 10:24:24 AM PST
Me too, and it is all my fault. Well, almost. OK, so what do you want to talk about?

I am about to go buy me a present,

The Rolling Stones 50

When do you think they will stop making books about the Beatles and Stones?

2025? 2055?

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 12:03:57 PM PST
sundancekeed says:
It's the reason I only post on the "Trainwreck" forum. I don't have the time or the inclination to get involved in these games. I play Words With Friends on FB and it's getting to be a drag too.

I'd rather just talk about music as it comes up. Such as is there any scenario where anyone can see Zeppelin reforming again since "Celebration Day" from the 2007 show has been such a big hit. And should anyone care if they do?

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 12:25:44 PM PST
Why not? The music sounds good still and it's clear they had a good time doing it. As long as those two circumstances hold out they should keep going as long as they want to.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 12:27:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 12:30:02 PM PST
Lauren says:
I like the games - and admit that I'm partially to blame for their proliferation, as the Rush game is mine and I participate in several others - but agree that it's gotten to the point where they're swamping the list. I was going to add another game for another favorite band, but only once many of the existing ones had run their course. Naturally someone else added it much sooner that I'd intended.

I would prefer to see the games in a somewhat more limited rotation. Not every major artist has to have a game running concurrently.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 12:30:50 PM PST
Lew Archer says:
BLESS YOU for the games, Spiral!! They're lots of fun and a great excuse to engage with other fans about the music we all love.

A big Merry Christmas to you!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 12:38:01 PM PST
Lew Archer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 1:10:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 1:11:11 PM PST
People enjoy the games. I do, on occassion, but I also tire of them very quickly and rarely stick around long enough to follow one the entire way through. A few years back when the games first appeared there were only a few but I see what you're saying as now they take up the entire first page of discussions. Lately I've been more involved in the Music Forum where there are some very good discussions about all types of music, including Classic Rock.

The bottom line is the games will be here for as long as people want to continue playing them and, from what I see, they won't be ending anytime soon and who are we to interfere with their enjoyment?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 1:12:14 PM PST
Lew Archer says:
You're a stand-up guy, Exile.

Merry Christmas to you!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 1:13:01 PM PST
Same to you, Lew!

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 4:00:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 6:25:35 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
The games are a residual of a million discussions...already had. That's the heart and soul of this forum. Many of us have been here for years and talked about a thousand different subjects. Many...dozens of times over. So instead of having another thread we've all seen too many times this is one way to keep things going. Plus discussions take place *in* the thread so it's not just plus and minus. Sundance has been here forever Lew and if you knew him, I'm sure you'd like him. He's a stand up guy too and there aren't that many of us around.

SunD, pick out a game or band you like and try one. It's not much different than the radio thread, where people are making lists ad nauseum...;) I mean you guys have got the games beat by a million songs and endless lists you've done over the years. But the bottom line is you like to hang out there. These are just more lists, look at it that way, instead of "it's just some BS game". A way to find out what songs people like the most.... by getting them all out there from a particular band and seeing what happens.

I know where you're coming from but other than the games I'm not seeing too many fascinating threads anyway. You know? Let's be honest. So in lieu of any good thread or discussion that hopefully will still come up, the games are where some of us hang out too, BS about music..and all the rest.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:37:13 PM PST
sundancekeed says:
Appreciate the props, Alex. Hope you and yours and everyone else has a Merry Christmas tomorrow. Stay safe and look around. We're all tremendously blessed.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:41:30 PM PST
I only play the games when it gets down to the very end. My attention span is very short even if its something I like.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 3:58:55 AM PST
Working Man says:
I am on the fence with the games too. I played a lot in the beginning and then tired of them. I recently started participating again, though I am tiring again. I am involved in the Yes, Bad Company and Rush games at the moment and may or may not join others. I agree with Stephen too, that it sometimes it's good to join toward the end when all the low hanging fruit has been picked, though I checked out a few recently and I wasn't interested in the songs that were left.

I have no problem with the games but I would like to see other topics have a longer life. I had tried adding a few topics that didn't last and it may have been due to lack of interest or because everyone is too busy with the games.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions