Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

The Rascals or Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 3:02:19 PM PST
The Rascals or Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:51:53 PM PST
Two great bands but for me, its The Rascals. I have worn out their hits CD. Beautiful Morning, Groovin', You Better Run, Good Lovin', Lonely Too Long..I don't think the 60s got much better.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 10:12:18 PM PST
Cool question. Both have the sixties as their heyday. They both had soul. Detroit and Jersey. Rascals had some great harmony and really cool original songs. Mitch had the down n dirty soul shouting and great performing. Both rock and have songs that stand out today.

Mitch gave a templete that was followed knowingly or not in the incredible Detroit scene. But the Rascals songs are really timeless. Draw for me. I love the question.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 3:15:09 AM PST
Thanks Anthony,wish more people would contribute.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 3:22:25 AM PST
The Rascals were better at songwriting. The Wheels were overall a better band for just playing (although it would be a tie as far as who had the better drummer), but unfortunately their producer Bob Crewe wanted to control too much of their records and so many of their recordings have studio musicians - among those Mike Bloomfield - rather than the actual members of the Wheels (except drummer Johnny Bee who was extraordinary). With all due respect to Felix and Eddie, Mitch takes the prize for singing here.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 9:31:05 AM PST
Thats a TOUGH ONE JOE.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions