Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

What's the deal with this forum? NOTHIN' AT ALL!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:47:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 9:48:30 AM PST
B L T says:
re: Apples and Orangutans

Apples and Orangutans are both good, but I think Orangutans was far more influential over all. There's absolutely no doubt among those who know that their first album, "Cast Iron Griddle" was the birth of both Heavy Metal and Country Rock. No album in history has spawned two distinct genres like CIG did.

Orangutans hands down.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:42:53 AM PST
Working Man says:
Probably true about why the games dominate vs. why reality tv dominates. The only point I am making is that in both cases the domination replaces or reduces the space for non-games and non-reality tv. Again, my concern with the game is not that they exist but that they push other threads to the back or end if you will. I am guilty of playing some games and I refrain from many of the them, but I have seen too many non-game threads pushed back and die a possibly early death. Maybe the games are more interesting and keep us coming back as opposed to some other threads where once you've made your comment or two your done.

I am fine with the games, but let's keep room for all kinds of threads.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:11:43 AM PST
It's all apples and orangutans.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:01:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 9:01:41 AM PST
Lauren says:
There's a big difference between the dominance of reality TV vs. that of the game threads. Reality TV dominates because it is popular among a large number of people. Game threads dominate because a small number of people participate very frequently. It would be interesting to see how discussions would rank if Amazon ranks were based on the total number of participants as well as the recency of posts.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 4:05:43 AM PST
Working Man says:
The games are okay and I participate sometimes, however, I do think they are dominating this forum AND I believe to some degree they take away participation in non-game discussions. I've had some of my new discussions fade away recently and it could be due the topic not being interesting or because the games are overpowing the forum and other discussions are getting pushed out.

Your analogy to TV is interesting because I @$%#$@ whine about reality tv and yes I can choose not to view it, but on the other hand much like these games the reality programming dominates the dials and pushes out other programming. BTW, I do watch some reality programming on occasion but there is so much it's crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 4:35:45 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 24, 2012 4:37:51 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 2:10:46 PM PST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYNjL9_rCJc

Happy holidays, Lew! ;)

Initial post: Dec 24, 2012 12:24:09 PM PST
Lew Archer says:
I got a free clue for the WHINING (cenored) LOSERS who "don't like" the voting games:

DON'T PARTICIPATE IN THEM!!!!!!

Can you grasp that concept?!?

It's not unlike turning the dial on your television set from a program that you're not interested in to one that you are.

Got it?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions