Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Bowie Turns 66 with new single and album announcement!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 8:18:25 AM PST
MAC says:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20943160
Can't wait!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 8:48:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 8:48:43 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Tour???
Let's hope!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:26:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 10:26:24 AM PST
I do not think much of the song, but that might be because the video is borderline boring/ugly. The new album, New Day might be good though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOyDTy9DtHQ

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:29:27 AM PST
MAC says:
Agreed. Here are the song titles, something here has got to be more interesting:
David Bowie `The Next Day' Track List:

1. `The Next Day'
2. `Dirty Boys'
3. `The Stars (Are Out Tonight)'
4. `Love is Lost'
5. `Where Are We Now?'
6. `Valentine's Day'
7. `If You Can See Me'
8. `I'd Rather Be High'
9. `Boss of Me'
10. `Dancing Out of Space'
11. `How Does the Grass Grow?'
12. `(You Will) Set the World on Fire'
13. `You Feel So Lonely You Could Die'
14. `Heat'

Deluxe Version Bonus Tracks:
15. `So She'
16. `I'll Take You There'
17. `Plan'

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 11:51:58 AM PST
Thanks. He is this far along but the album is still 3 months away? Must be in the mixing stage.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:04:40 PM PST
MAC says:
Mixing stage or perhaps 3 months rehearsing a new show for a spring/summer tour? I guess it's just a fan's wishful thinking but it's his call if his health is up for a tour, or maybe a select city tour like the Stones. Either way, it's good to have him back.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 12:18:27 PM PST
Do people actually bet on these things?

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/176737/9

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 12:28:47 PM PST
MAC says:
I never knew something like this existed, what nonsense, hey maybe us talking about a tour will tilt the odds LOL

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 8:10:07 AM PST
Mike B. says:
I'm very happy to hear about a forthcoming album. What exciting news!

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 6:38:15 AM PST
vivazappa says:
DAVE SEZ: "NO TOUR!"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2013 2:50:15 PM PST
1 Britney Spears
2 Taylor Swift
3 James Arthur
4 Rihanna
5 Calvin Harris
6 David Bowie

'Where Are We Now?' is Bowie's first UK Top 10 single in over two decades.
The last one was 1986's 'Absolute Beginners'.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:50:54 AM PST
MAC says:
The song is growing on me, I read the rest of the album is much harder, maybe he'll change his mind about touring when he sees the chart success.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 9:37:21 AM PST
Much harder... Good! He could do one of those Rolling Stones mini-tours.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 10:04:34 AM PST
vivazappa says:
It would be cool if he picked out a record and played the whole thing during a show.
Might I suggest Diamond Dogs...

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 5:09:49 PM PST
B. rogers says:
Love the song...love the video...Thank God, David's back.

This is the type of stuff that he excells at...I'm in a minority but the stuff like "Earthling" really alienated(no pun intended) me. "Heathen" had some really good songs on it and this seems like it's in the same vein.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 5:34:40 PM PST
MAC says:
@vivazappa Diamond Dogs is my all time favorite Bowie album, that would be great live, so would Station to Station.

Posted on Jan 18, 2013 10:10:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2013 10:10:58 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Agree..I saw the 76 tour and 4 of the 6 Station tunes were played...Wild is the Wind and Golden Years got skipped...if Dave had to skip two those would be it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 11:11:49 AM PST
I am glad you like it Rogers, but for me, I can't believe they would use that excuse for a piece of crap album cover. So let's see... the cover sucks... the video sucks... the new song isn't very good... I can only hope the album will be better than all of the above.

http://virusfonts.com/news/2013/01/david-bowie-the-next-day-that-album-cover-design/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 2:24:45 PM PST
B. rogers, i agree. I went to You Tube to check it out after your rave. It's great! Very Bowie. Cool video and song. Forward and backward at the same time. Nice stuff. I'm gettin' the record for sure.

Heathen had a Neil Young? cover song i liked a lot. It's a 50/50 album for me. But still a cool sound and record overall.

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 10:07:23 AM PST
B. rogers says:
In the latest Rolling Stone magazine(which has about as many pages as a restaurant menu lately) Earl Slick says that a "couple of songs sound Stones-y" like the way the Diamond Dogs album sounded.

Even at 66 years of age...Bowie still captivates the rock world and keeps them guessing. It's typical of Bowie to allow the world to think he has retired and withered away into an unhealthy recluse only to be working on "The Secret"!

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 7:42:40 PM PST
The Rolling Stone article also said that he absolutely won't tour. That's too bad, but maybe he doesn't want to take unnecessary risks with his health.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 5:29:55 PM PST
I would rather have an album than a tour.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 7:27:47 PM PST
sundancekeed says:
Tony Visconti says he may do the odd show here and there but a tour is completely out of the question. I don't think it's so much about his health as he's really had no significant health issues (that we know of) since he had his angioplasty about ten years ago. I think that the guy just figures he's earned the right to do what he wants when he wants and he doesn't want to deal with the grind of a tour. I can understand that. And I'd rather have the album as well.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 10:20:32 AM PST
Bowie said he was always looking for a way out.

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 8:12:06 PM PST
sundancekeed says:
It appears to me that he WAS out. For over ten years. HE'S the one who's brought himself back in. Basically, nobody knew that he was recording nor planning to release an album. And at some point, he may yet decide to tour, though he seems pretty adamant about not doing that. Almost as adamant as we had heard up to this point about him ever releasing more music, eh?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 1, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions