Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Bruce Springsteen: Yea, Nay Or He's OK?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 203 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 7:12:08 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 8, 2011 8:05:16 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 7:16:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2011 7:16:44 PM PST
No, I think your first paragraph about losers made their complain effective.
I'm just not happy with the post being deleted. It was mine. Like 95% of it was mine.

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 8:15:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2011 8:16:53 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
I used to think that Chuck, that there was a guy just sitting there, delete happy. But I believe it's just some "magic" words or phrases that sets off software. Doesn't make it any better though. They, Amazon make it clear that this is just some little bone they throw us. They deleted about a year and half of my posts in dozens of threads. It's all meaningless to them. Buy Cd's, buy something or go F yourself. That's all that matters. And when the pu**ys around here complain enough they get all PC.

Like you said there could be Osama writing posts and they would leave that but If I say some loser is multi voting....adios. Who knows, it must have been a unfortunate string of words that set off Amazons idiotic software because I've been outing these losers for months and all the posts have stayed up.

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 8:29:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2011 8:46:09 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
I tried to track it down Svet. Sometimes the entire thread is on Google. So I put in some phrases i used in that post and nothing. So once it gets deleted here it's probably simultaneous anywhere else.

Yeah I realized later it was probably something in that first paragraph or two. But who knows? I could say the same thing here and they wouldn't delete it. It's totally arbitrary sometimes, like the admiral said no rhyme or reason. I think I had an F there with a bunch of ***** after it but i've done that many times.

Doesn't matter, at least you read it and so did others. At this point if I'm gonna get nuts when it happens i'm getting mad at software. It's just to bad the wimps in charge of these forums are so PC and never over rule the few weaklings who complain.

It probably is just a certain number of complaints and goodbye post. No regard for content or the fact that you might be making the vast majority of your customers unhappy. Just appease a small number of ass wipes who are still sucking their thumbs.

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 8:32:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2011 8:41:40 PM PST
Alex, I bet there are a few people complaining about you and it doesn't matter if they are right or wrong. They just wear the moderators down. My friend was banned and I know who did it and how. They complained every day, a few posters, a combined, planned effort.

But the thing is it is absolutely meaningless. Any one can return under another account. The biggest loss is deleted threads and posts and links. Otherwise it is a wasted time for complainers which no one will give them back.

Takes about 3 to 4 months to make a person banned.

ahaha, you're doing it again. Not worthy, really.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 8:38:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2011 8:40:03 PM PST
AlexMontrose says:
You got it. You know the drill, so do i. I just never understood how they do it. You mean press the abuse button? Write to someone at Amazon? Who are they talking to? And what link do they use, just the report abuse thing? It seems like some of these wimps know all the tricks about complaining to Amazon and some people are much more effective in getting results than others.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 8:42:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2011 9:52:30 PM PST
They write or call to moderators for about 3 to 4 months. There is this button "Contact us" in the rules of the site (What are Customer Discussions?) in upper right corner if you write in forum under CD

or there is the same orange button "Contact us" and "I need assistance with ...Something else" in Help section on the bottom or on the top of every page.

Or the "Send us feedback about this page" on the bottom of each page.
Moderators are more than one, three or four probably.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 8:56:39 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 8, 2011 8:05:18 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 7, 2011 11:58:04 PM PST
Captain Ogre says:
I've been ignoring this thread too long, should have know anything with Bruce Springsteen in the title would be entertaining as long as Alex is around.

And those no voters sure seem to stalk him, and anyone who agrees with him, no matter what thread he jumps into.

So, here's a conundrum for you no(zer) voters:

Bruce Springsteen is more than OK, so I'll give him a yea, just based on his '70s albums. A big yea if I just based my vote on one of my all time favorite songs, "Thunder Road"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 2:20:29 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 8, 2011 8:05:23 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 4:00:42 AM PST
K. Carter says:
Alex -

It seems like they must have some sort of software that "red flags" any so-called "offensive" words or phrases, and then someone at Amazon decides whether or not to delete the offending post. The one time I remember having something deleted, I used the F word with everything "starred out" but the F and it still got the ax, while I've seen others get away with (what I consider to be) far worse. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, which would lead me to believe that an actual human being is behind these deletions. So, I'm not sure why your post got cut - maybe, at this point, you're on some sort of Amazon "hit list"?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 7:44:10 AM PST
Svetlana - re: Amazon deletions

In the top right corner of this page is Track This Discussion. By clicking on that you would receive an e-mail every time anyone posts on this particular discussion. I have never personally used this feature but it is my understanding the e-mail from Amazon includes what the new post says, it is now in your possession and even if, at a later time, Amazon deletes the post you still have it, assuming you haven't deleted it from your own e-mail.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2011 8:10:11 AM PST
Thanks, spotty, I appreciate your good intentions. But I read many threads and I'm not a fan of this feature. It'll spam my mail. I have more hopes to convince Alex to write neutrally. That's how my friends and I do that and it works. You know how it is. A' la guerre comme a la' guerre ( A war as a war).

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 8:22:19 AM PST
What 2 Say says:
I've never been a fan of Springsteen but can appreciate his flair for songwriting, especially songs he has written for others such as "Because the Night" by Patti Smith. I do confess to liking the tunes "Human Touch" and "Tunnel of Love". In summary, I would say he's OK.

Posted on Jan 10, 2011 10:39:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2011 10:39:45 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Alex...thanx for the cool tag because of being an Alice fan...poor Svet just needs to know I like to have a little fun around here and take a few shots at folks...no harm ever intended...even to the Robert Plant lyric lover and the MJ losers!! :)

Besides Alex...you're the King of taking shots for some sadistic fun (must be the love of the Coop for both of us)...it's just d@mn funny that soooo many people take our crap seriously!

--"Ha ha charade you are!"

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2011 10:49:54 AM PST
Why is it I'm poor? I'm rich!
You can watch, what is a little voyeurism between good friends?

Posted on Jan 11, 2011 7:48:44 AM PST
vivazappa says:
COOL! Let me get my glasses...here...wear this!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2011 7:59:58 AM PST
I knew it... you have silent rights, understood? No advice, recommendation, stories about conquered dames and attempts to open the doors during the show.

Posted on Jan 11, 2011 9:19:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2011 9:27:06 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Are we on for Friday?

(Actually you sound kinda cool yourself...keep postin')

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2011 9:39:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2011 9:41:08 AM PST
You mentioned glasses... that's suspicious. How cool are you? Do your glasses have a scotch holding them together? Who's your daddy? Will you make us look uncool if you stand near?

Posted on Jan 12, 2011 9:02:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 12, 2011 9:04:50 AM PST
vivazappa says:
My glasses broke once in an airport...had to use some scotch then...but only then. On the flight home I sat next to a chick who posed for pics in explicit magazines. What a bad time to be wearing the "scotch". But we had fun on the flight anywaze. (No mile-high club in case you are wondering.)

How near do you want me to stand?

I have never been to prison so I have no "daddy".
Your reply to vivazappa's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2011 9:18:24 AM PST
Aahaha, you always just stand near, don't you? Of course, mile-high club is not in the case.

Man... you and your glasses... we 're running a high end show, you know, things are starting to happen, big people to pay attention. On a verge to be signed by major label, do you understand important details like that?

You need to do something, you know.

You "have to dress different. You have to act different. You have to grow a moustache and get all kinds of robes and lotions and you need a new bedspread and new curtains you have to get thick carpeting and weirdo lighting. You have to get new friends. You have to get orgy friends..."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2011 9:37:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 12, 2011 9:39:52 AM PST
"... I have no "daddy"..."

You have no daddy,,,but, but ,but.. it needs two... oh well, never mind. You are on for Friday... it is a totally charity case with you, hope you're realistic about that.

Posted on Jan 13, 2011 9:14:44 AM PST
vivazappa says:
Notice all of the NO votes for our tangent...HA!

Posted on Jan 13, 2011 5:40:19 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 21, 2011 9:30:15 AM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Classic Rock forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  203
Initial post:  Jan 3, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 14, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions