Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Why on earth did I buy that album???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 3, 2012 3:03:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012 11:58:58 PM PDT
BigBadAzz says:
Have you ever looked through your CD/LP/cassette/mp3 collection and asked yourself the above question? Thinking back to the time you made the purchase, do you contemplate what the heck possessed you to acquire it in the first place?

Give some examples of such albums, and the stories behind them....
Your reply to BigBadAzz's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 8:25:07 PM PDT
Try not to think about them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012 8:36:31 PM PDT
Park says:
BigBad,

99% of what I bought in the 1970s and 1980s was classical music. So what the f___ is that Air Supply LP doing there? Unfortunately, I have no clue.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 8:41:35 PM PDT
S. Stalcup says:
Usually the answer is "completist reasons." That's the only reason I'd own a copy of Small World by Huey Lewis and the News or get Fore! on CD when I had it on tape. Both are the sound of a band jumping the shark. Also, why have I bought every Bryan Adams since Unplugged? I've not listened to them, but again, completist reasons. I liked him as a youngster and felt the need to keep getting his albums.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 12:05:06 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2012 2:53:24 AM PDT
BigBadAzz says:
I too own most, if not all the albums from my favourite artists, due to "completist reasons". For this thread, I was thinking also of individual albums by artists that I wouldn't ordinarily get into.

Maroon 5's "Songs For Jane" is one that recently had me scratching my head about why I bought it. Then I remembered that I heard one or two songs on the radio from it that I dug, so I 'splashed out' and bought the CD outright. That was fine, until I realised that those were the only 2 half-decent songs on the album. Haven't listened to it since.....

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 12:36:37 AM PDT
I know why I bought the "When Ronan Met Burt" cd, because I love Burt Bacharach's music and I like Ronan.

But it is the worst CD I've bought, it just didn't live up to expectation, and was a huge disappointment.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2012 12:37:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 4, 2012 12:40:30 AM PDT
I was like that with the Right Said Fred cd. :)

http://youtu.be/2ZdmqNAYkmI

http://youtu.be/-dGYXGnSeBM
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jul 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions