Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Did anyone else see Gregg Allman on Piers Morgan?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 22, 2012 6:58:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2012 7:42:39 PM PDT
alysha25 says:
It's on CNN news channel. I probably would not even have recognized him. He does not come across as the most articulate guy. It seemed to me he could barely answer Piers' questions, either that or he didn't want to. Piers insisted on asking him about his previous 6 marriages over and over.

Then he announced he's engaged and they showed his 24 year old fiancee in the audience. She seemed equally as flustered and incoherant, and blond. He is 65 (I wiki'd that). He said he's recovering from surgery.

Well, good luck on #7. He wrote a book , which sounds more interesting than the interview.I watch Piers Morgan enough, and usually there's a pretty quick and witty , and informative banter between Piers and his interviewee. But this one was like , a roadblock. Awkward. He said the other 6 wives didn't understand him, but this one definitely does.

Tomorrow "Slash" is being interviewed, on the same show. For anyone who missed it, it usually repeats in a couple of hours.

Posted on May 23, 2012 2:03:35 PM PDT
alysha25 says:
My Cross to Bear

This must be the new book, anyone read it yet?

Posted on May 24, 2012 4:58:24 PM PDT
alysha25 says:
Well, since nobody around here seems interested, I searched around the internet for comments.

Came upon his Howard Stern interview. Apparently old Howard was a much better interviewer with Gregg, he opened up and talked a lot more.

I miss listening to Howard Stern (have to pay for sirius music I guess) But never thought of youtube, well, now I know! I can hear the audio on youtube, it's a very long interview too, pretty interesting, and hasn't asked him about the fiancee - yet! No visual though, just a still picture.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 5:10:49 PM PDT
sundancekeed says:
Alysha,

Piers Morgan is a twit. I've known Gregory Allman for close to 40 years. I grew up in Macon, GA where the band was based during it's formative years. Allman's book is great and while there may have been a co-writer, the voice and the narrative is all Allman. I'd say it's right up there with Mick Fleetwood's book for honesty and clarity. And trust me, he doesn't pull any punches on himself or anyone else. He's got some opinions that will make you say, "whoa--I can't believe he actually said that!"

I wish Larry King could have done that interview. Bet he would have gotten much better responses.

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:24:58 PM PDT
alysha25 says:
Larry king, yeah! Larry King was pretty good at being patient and letting the other person talk. I just listened to the Howard Stern interview and it was much better than the Piers Morgan one!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  May 22, 2012
Latest post:  May 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions