Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Something *everyone* here should find interesting

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 7, 2012 4:47:39 PM PDT
Captain Ogre says:
Want to know who the most active posters are here? How about where you rank on your favorite thread?

Someone's been keeping tabs you, us, and all of that:

http://tinyurl.com/7ko28ju

It's a little tricky navigating. To get the stats on a particular thread, you have to click "Show more thread info", and then on the icon to the right of "Show this thread"

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 6:12:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 7, 2012 6:12:19 PM PDT]

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 6:14:17 PM PDT
I didn't find it that informative, actually. It just kind of tells you who has made the most posts on each thread, and sometimes gives you a graph of the posting activity. I thought it was actually going to rate each poster on their helpful votes or something! LOL

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 11:33:17 AM PDT
alysha25 says:
The Link didn't work for me. But I know some forums show how many posts you have made either under your screename , or on your profile, and sometimes even a link to bring up in order of date, all your posts and replies. To me that would be helpful , instead of having to bookmark threads.

BUT on the other hand I kind-of like the simplicity of these forums. They aren't overly cluttered with avatar pics, huge signatures and pics and smiley emoticons etc, etc, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 4:29:45 PM PDT
Captain Ogre says:
Topper,

I didn't say it was all that informative, just interesting. Now if they had statistical categories for "most deleted posts", "most multiple personalites", "most prolonged arguements"...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 4:45:38 PM PDT
Captain Ogre says:
alysha,

Did you paste the link into a search engine? That won't work, you have to paste into your browser's address bar.

You got the gist of it, though, which Topper pretty well summed up

RE: I kind-of like the simplicity of these forums

Couldn't agree more. I never posted on a forum until I came across the radio show thread while shopping on Amazon a little over four years ago.
Since then, I've dabbled in a few others, but they all seem to be confusing, hard to navigate, sometimes just hard to read because of the way they're formatted...
And they're often laden with profanity, not that I'm a prude. I've ripped Amazon many a time around here for their censorship, but it does make this a more civil forum than most

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 8:04:37 AM PDT
"Rassa, massa, frassa, blassa!"

"What'd you say Flintstone?"

Oh, nothing Mr. Slate, just rassa, massa, frassa, blassa!"

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 8:52:54 AM PDT
I tried to get into another forum once. I had to register, jump through some hoops, and then was told I was in a queue to get in! I've never gone back.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jun 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions