Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > Classic Rock forum

Rush "Clockwork Angels" available for pre-order

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 11, 2012 8:15:57 PM PDT
Working Man says:
Rush's new studio album is now available for pre-order and a June 12 release. Clockwork Angels

Here's a trailer for the album, which sounds quite good.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/rush-s-clockwork-angels-hits-june-12-1006721952.story

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 8:23:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2012 4:33:10 AM PDT
zlh67 says:
Oh man, I'm all over this. Thanks for the heads up WM! I coulda swore I'd read an interview that said this would be out closer to the end of the year, but hey, June works! Word is they'll be touring this one too....

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 4:07:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2012 4:08:01 AM PDT
Working Man says:
I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon already. Did you check out the trailer? It sounds good.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 4:41:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2012 4:41:32 AM PDT
zlh67 says:
Yeah, I did and it does sound pretty darn good. "Caravan" was an excellent track while "BU2B" grabbed me a little less but was still solid, and the music on the trailer sounds promisiing too, so this is shaping up to quite possibly be Rush's best album in a long, long time.

What's with the price though? $19.61? Unless I'm just really feeling lazy, I usually pick up any new releases I buy from Best Buy the week they come out instead of ordering online. Seems they almost always have them on sale and usually for $9.99 or so. But even at full price, most new releases are in the $10-14 range and this is a full 33% higher than even the high end of that range. And it's a single disc so... ??? Weird.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:41:10 AM PDT
Working Man says:
Yes, it is priced high, but with the pre-order you get the lowest price so maybe it will drop. My Ian Anderson TAAB2 started at $13.99 and ended up at $9.99.

I see there is also a Clockwork Angels novel available for pre-order too. I may have to check that out, but I have not pre-ordered it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012 7:55:42 PM PDT
Working Man says:
zl67, the price has dropped already, I think it'sw $16 and change now. My guess is that it may drop a few more dollars and with the pre-order guarrantee you get it at the cheapest price even if it goes up again. So, I am hoping for it to drop a few more dollars $13.99 or less would be cool.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 5:32:40 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
I'll wait until I hear several of the songs on FM ;)

Ha ha...don't worry fellow Rush fans I'll get it cheap on day one at Best Buy...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012 5:38:45 AM PDT
zlh67 says:
Yeah, I rarely buy new releases the day they come out, but when I do it seems Best Buy has almost always got 'em on sale for $9.99, so I'll likely try my luck there. I usually save a few bucks and get it sooner as well...

Posted on Apr 17, 2012 8:49:11 AM PDT
get it from the classic rock magazine instead....you get the huge 100+ page magazine about the making of the album, and if your order before May 8th (i think it is), your name is included in some sort of Rush poster if you order from them. I think with shipping included it comes to be about $27, but totally worth it for the cd, huge magazine and poster...if you ask me it's a great deal!! I ordered mine already!

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 1:39:10 PM PDT
zlh67 says:
New song streaming on RollingStone.com

"Headlong Flight"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-stream-rush-return-with-heavy-headlong-flight-20120418?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 2:06:48 PM PDT
Working Man says:
Matthew, I didn't see that promotion from Classic Rock Magazine. I could still cancel my pre-order. Which issue of Classic Rock Magazine did you see that in?

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 2:09:15 PM PDT
Working Man says:
Wow, "Headlong Flight" really kicks butt.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 2:27:37 PM PDT
zlh67 says:
Yeah, the new "single" from Rush clocks in at 7min plus! Gotta love that...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 7:47:37 PM PDT
http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/classic-rock-presents-rush-clockwork-angels-fan-pack/?ns_campaign=BM_rush&ns_mchannel=hb&ns_source=classicrock&ns_linkname=permbutton&ns_fee=0

there's an ad on their website...not that hard to find...

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 8:36:17 PM PDT
Working Man says:
Haven't been to their website. I didn't see it in my latest issue of the magazine.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 8:37:16 PM PDT
Working Man says:
I heard there were going to be some longer songs on the album. With this new song and the two released last year it's looking like a real good album.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2012 9:15:58 PM PDT
Working Man says:
Matthew, I found the Classic Rock fan pack a few dollars cheaper from AmazonUK. My order came to about $24. My biggest concern is the delivery date, it said 6-10 days but it counted it from June 11 which is the release date in the UK. However, the description from the magazine and from AmazonUK said it would be on sale a full three weeks early and the Amazon site says we would hear it weeks early. So, I would expect to get it 10-15 days early but the estimated dispatch date didn't reflect that. Oh well, if I have to wait, then I wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 5:04:30 AM PDT
i've heard 3 songs from it so far....cannot wait to get the album, even if it will be a little bit after the release date, it is worth ordering the fan pack if you ask me, and yeah, you saved $3 from amazon.uk, but i wanted the exclusive poster from the classic rock magazine, they put your name into the magazine if you order before May 8th....that was worth an extra $3 if you ask me, an exclusive poster with my name on it dealing with Rush??? yes please!

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 7:51:13 AM PDT
Working Man says:
Matthew, yes the poster looks to be the only difference, though the fan pack from Amazon is also the Classis Rock Mag edition so maybe it will be included too. Who knows, if so, then great and if not well I saved $3.

I am still not sure if we will get it late or if they posted that date because they publish they ship early. I used to get my Amazon pre-orders early and I think they got in trouble so I have hopes that the published delivery date is just a formality and maybe we will still get it early.

Thanks, for pointing out the fan pack though. It was not in my latest issue of the mag so I guess it will be in the next issue and I hadn't checked the web site lately.

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 1:16:31 PM PDT
zlh67 says:
And... looks like they'll hit the road:

9/7 Manchester, NH - Verizon Wireless Arena
9/9 Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live Amphitheater
9/11 Pittsburgh, PA - CONSOL Energy Center
9/13 Indianapolis, IN - Bankers Life Fieldhouse
9/15 Chicago, IL - United Center
9/18 Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
9/20 Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
9/22 St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
9/24 Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
10/10 Bridgeport, CT - Webster Bank Arena at Harbor Yard
10/12 Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
10/20 Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
10/22 Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center
10/24 Boston, MA - TD Garden
10/26 Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center
10/28 Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
10/30 Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
11/1 Atlanta, GA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
11/3 Tampa, FL - 1-800-ASK-GARY Amphitheatre
11/13 Seattle, WA - KeyArena
11/15 San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
11/17 Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
11/19 Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre
11/23 Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena
11/25 Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
11/28 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
11/30 San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
12/2 Houston, TX - Toyota Center

Posted on Apr 20, 2012 4:34:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012 7:38:33 PM PDT
Working Man says:
I would like to see them in Atlanta, though it's outside on Nov. 1. Atlanta may not be in the North but it's not exactly Tropical either. May not snow, but could be heavy coat weather.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 9:17:14 AM PDT
bass boy says:
Hey Working Man,

I remember seeing the Rolling Stones in mid-November in 1989 outside, and thinking we would freeze to death. Ironically, it was pretty warm. Lol! Yeah, these days I'm a bit more cautious with outside shows and weather. :)

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 9:35:48 AM PDT
zlh67 says:
San Antonio, here i come. Friday night, so I see margaritas and an early dinner on the riverwalk followed by yet another killer Rush concert. Good times.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 10:03:01 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
Bummer that ticket prices are $50 for lawn and over $140 for seats...(in Virginia)

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 7:38:14 PM PDT
Working Man says:
bass boy, where was the show in November? Which state?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Classic Rock forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic Rock forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Apr 11, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions