Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Classic TV forum

And BRACKEN'S WORLD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 3, 2008 4:00:44 PM PDT
remeber BRACKEN'S WORLD ? Set in THAT movie studio ? With all those great guest stars each week ? And all thoser dramatic srory lines.
Bring back BRACKEN and his very own BRACKEN'S WORLD. sOON !!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2008 9:07:01 PM PDT
Did you know that there were 3 Bracken's World novels? I loved that show, probably because I was a theater arts major when it aired.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2008 12:18:54 AM PDT
Hey G'day:
Somebody else remembers and knows about Bracken's World. Let's get them cameras rolling and have a DVD Box Set ready for our home cinemas by Christmas. Wahoo !!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2009 9:30:39 PM PST
I wish the Fox studio would release the complete series as a set. I do have different versions of the theme recorded from FM radio back in the late 70s. Since then, I digitized them for my iTunes library. I don't have the Lettermen version. For the Lettermen version, the song is called "Worlds." 'Century Studios' was the fictional name for the studio in the TV series. Kinda weird, the stories for the TV show are still relevant today.

Posted on Mar 7, 2009 6:26:51 PM PST
When are they going to release this show on DVD? This show and CORONET BLUE are now considered two of the truly lost shows of the 60s. Someone was selling the complete series on bootleg DVD on the Ioffer website a few months ago. It was quickly pulled off the site after a few days. So, it is out there, waiting to be rediscoverd. There are lots of famous guest stars who make cameos on the show, and stars like Tom Selleck and Jeanne Cooper who were regulars at one point. You think this would generate enough interest in the higher ups to release the entire series.

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 12:31:09 AM PDT
A lot of the lesser-known Fox series have been released on DVD by Shout! Factory, so why not this one?

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 8:26:26 PM PST
Rita Reader says:
I so loved that series! So many I wish were on dvd. Wasn't Peter Haskell "Bracken's World?"

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 10:28:50 AM PST
Hi Rita;

Yes he was. His character was integral in the series. He played the suave director. If you go to YouTube, you can find some clips from the series. On FM radio a long time (easy listening format) they broadcasted different versions of the theme song. I was lucky to get two of the versions. They now reside in my computer and iPods. I don't have the Lettermen's version. I think Amazon sells the Lettermen version. Got to bug 20th Century Fox Studios to release the series. What's interesting, the story lines in the series are still relevant today.

Take care.

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 7:42:20 PM PDT
Marcusmac says:
Hi,
my name is Marcus Mac. I agree that Brackens world is awesome, with story lines that are perenially relevant. It is an iconic look at the film industry by the film industry. Beautifully done. 20th Century Fox could easily box this set up with an upmarket look. Hope 35mm oirginal materials available to create high def dvd (many 60's shows on 35mm are available, and look fantastic, better than ever). Go on 20th Century, do it!
Best regards,
Marcus

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2011 8:29:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2011 8:31:03 PM PDT
I quite agree.
But after all the caffufle over PEYTON PLACE & THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW ( the Final Episode ), I dread to think of what would happen if we presured for Bracken's World.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Classic TV forum (90 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic TV forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 3, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions