Customer Discussions > Classic TV forum

'Charlie Brown Christmas' Commercial?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012 6:25:12 PM PST
J.E. Viosca says:
After watching "A Charlie Brown Christmas" the other night, I had a dim, childhood recollection of ads, for some kind of snack cakes, airing during showings in the early-mid 70s. Does anyone remember those commercials? If so, do you recall the name of those products? I know this is a crazy question--but I've always had good luck getting weird questions answered by helpful Amazon members. Thanks in advance!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:00:16 PM PST
S. Stalcup says:
Yep, the recently departed (since Hostess bought them out) Dolly Madison snack cakes. Snoopy played The Zinger Zapper. As missed during Peanuts specials as the CBS Special Presentation logo since ABC got the rights to the specials.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 9:40:03 AM PST
I remember those Dolly Madison commericials. And I think they used Peanuts to sell Merita bread... I think it was that bread. because we kept our UPCs and I turned them in and got some sort of neat roll of peanuts inspired stickers... it really all Snoopy stickers on a blue background. I think it was the Merita brand of bread...

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 5:48:50 AM PST
In a 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' Christmas show, Joel and the 'bots look over videos to watch, and find 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' - Crow exclaims "I love the scene where they eat all those Dolly Madison cakes!" and Joel has to tell him it's just a commercial.
Back in the early early 1960s, Ford had some animated 'Peanuts' ads, done by the same guys, I'm pretty sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 1:45:27 PM PST
Here's the Dolly Madison Zinger Zapper commercial:
http://youtu.be/h5u7moppmAs

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:00:49 PM PST
J.E. Viosca says:
Thank you to all who took the time to answer! 'Amazonians' are so dependable for answers to odd questions.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:03:48 PM PST
J.E. Viosca says:
Dolly Madison! Thank you. I remember that CBS thing at the start, too, now that you mention it...

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:04:28 AM PST
Remember "Snoopy's Christmas" by The Royal Guardsmen ?
http://youtu.be/MbhzqoYYROA
Happy Holidays everyone !

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2013 9:10:52 AM PDT
Christmas Eve last year I really got my own 'hip' credentials spelled out for me - I went with some folks to a restaurant that was done up with a Grateful Dead theme. Titles of their songs were painted on the walls - I couldn't recognize even one of them, but promptly recognized 'Snoopy's Christmas' when it came up on the sound system.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2013 1:12:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2013 9:11:23 PM PDT
Julia Hope says:
I remember eating rolls of mini white powder sugar donuts in jr. hi. I loved eating them day after day, with Lucy and Snoopy individually on the clear packaging. This memory makes me smile, as it was one way my mom showed her love to me and my brother. She may have gotten them at a discount bakery outlet. <Fat police (such as NYC mayor): don't worry. We were so active we burned off every calorie.>
(Not to be confused with traditional policemen whom I respect and admire.)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2013 4:48:52 AM PDT
Hey, they like donuts, too. How do you think they became fat police?
[rimshot]
Thank you, I'm here all week!

Posted on Oct 13, 2013 8:28:06 PM PDT
CAINPA says:
Maybe some of the commercials will be a part of the 50th Anniversary Special Edition in 2015!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2013 2:08:45 AM PDT
I love Mystery Science Theater! Wish they'd bring it back.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic TV forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions