Customer Discussions > Classic TV forum

Siskel & Ebert

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013 11:52:56 AM PST
Siskel & Ebert had a movie review program on PBS in the late 70s and early 80s call Sneak Previews. In 1982 they left the show and went syndicated. I've heard, and I believe that it is true, that WTTW, the producer of the show, discarded or taped over the master tapes, thus it can never be produced and sold on DVD. The only way that copies of this show exist now is from recordings made by the general public. Does anyone have any ideas or advice as to how to find copies of this show? Who could have something like this? I know there are people out there who collect, sell, and trade hard to find television shows of old, but finding these people has been more difficult than I thought. I just have this feeling that someone has a box of old beta tapes in their attic, or knows someone who does, with several Sneak Previews episodes recorded on them. Does anyone know anyone who was recording television shows back in the late 70's and early 80's, or know anyone who collects, sells or trades such a thing?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Classic TV forum
Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions